1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, I was shocked too.

Jwise44 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

So if Derozan is not locking in long term and Oladipo wants to commit long term in San Antonio is not a bad idea

3. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -3.0 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and +0.4 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Patty Mills
    32 year old, 6-0, 180 lb G from Saint Mary's
    13.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.7 apg in 25.6 minutes in 2020-2021
    [​IMG] Luka Samanic
    21 year old, 6-11, 235 lb PF from Union Olimpija (Slovenia)
    1.8 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.7 minutes in 2020-2021
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    32 year old, 6-4, 215 lb G from Indiana
    18.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.3 apg in 28.5 minutes in 2020-2021

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If some term would want Buddy Hield, It will be Minnisoda which team have brought Russell

5. Nook

Nook Member

He is behind Vucevic, that is the biggest reason.

Also if you watch him enough you will notice that he doesn't handle banging/contact inside all too well on offense or defense.

Steve Clifford really isn't the type of coach to play someone that doesn't handle contact well.

Also there are times when Bamba appears to be out of position.

Having said that, while I would like him to handle physical contact better, he is very young and luck for him, because of his AMAZING wingspan (7'10") and standing reach (9'8") he can over come this issue with playing time. It sounds weird, but his lower body is like a guards, he moves like a guard even, but he also lacks any firm footing or positioning like a guard as well.

Mo Bamba just oozes tools, if he keeps working hard he will break out......... he is 7'1" with a 7'10" wingspan, a 9'8" standing reach, he has a 12'2" vertical reach at 235 lbs... he ran the three quarter court sprint in 3.04 seconds which is faster than Westbrook 3.08) or John Wall (3.08) or Wade (3.10) or James Harden (3.13).

jch1911, fattz, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

My quick fix where the Rockets get younger but stay competitive.

Oladipo for Herro and Iggy is the most realistic trade that would actually benefit this team.

Send Iggy to GSW for Oubre.

send PJ + McLeMore to Philly for Thybulle and a FRP.

Send that FRP from Philly to Orlando for Bamba. Bamba fills in at the back up 5 for now but when Wood returns, Wood plays more 4 next to Cousins or Bamba.

Wall/Eric
    Herro/Thybulle
    Oubre/ Nwaba
    Tate/ House
    Wood/Cousins/Bamba

https://tradenba.com/trades/EvIym_dE9

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

CF: "Oladipo isn't good. We have to dump this guy ASAP."

Also CF: "Oladipo should net us a really good player in a trade and/or good picks."

#2707 Haymitch, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

GSW will not trade Oubre for Iggy. GSW will wait to sign Iggy until him to be buy out

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The value seems pretty far off here, no way does expiring Dipo land Herro on his rookie contract, nor does Tucker land Thybulle + 1st, we’d be lucky to get one of those...if we attached a 2nd with Tuck, IMO.

That being said, I do really like the framework for the deals and have thought of different versions.

Dipo, House, Kurucs to Heat

Iggy to Warriors

Oubre, Leonard, Okpala, Heat 2025 lotto protected 1st to Rockets

then

PJ, Mac(Contract absorbed w/TPE), Rockets 2021 2nd to Philly

Scott, Ferguson, Philly 2021 top 20 protected 1st to Rockets

Then we have the choice to go after prospects like Bamba with the picks/expirings, or we can just sit on the picks and build through the draft

10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I'd have to rewatch but in the very limited minutes I've seen of him this season I think he looks pretty stiff, maybe as a result of putting weight on quickly. But he can rim run and be a vertical spacer pretty much automtically. And in a drop scheme the game is made easier for him, but he can be glaringly out of position at times like you mentioned.

18pbr and Nook like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I thought he was overrated coming out of Duke.
    In the Justice Winslow mold.
    These guys aren't great scorers.

And Barret has proven that so far.

He's gotten worse at his 3 point % this year. He's a really really abd 3 point shooter at the moment.

But he is very young....

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, still would maybe a better way of putting it (stiff) . He just looks uncomfortable out there to me, and at times indecisive. Maybe it is stiffness, I assumed it was the discomfort.

I agree about being a rim runner and vertical spacer.... without jumping he is only 4 inches from the rim when he holds his arm up.

I would still have strong interest in him. All I have read is that he is bright and works hard and I think some of the apprehension and being out of place can be fixed with playing time.

D-rock and foggy94 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bamba's updated per 36:

29.9 points, 17.1 rebounds, 3.7 blocks, 62.9 FG%, 30.0 3PT%

18pbr, jch1911, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just throwing it out there but Clippers have made it known they want to trade Lou and Bev asap for someone who can help them immediately.

Lou is expiring (Tilman's fav kind of contract) and Bev has 2 years left. Bev has always been a HOU fan fav.

I'd do Dipo for both if they also give us either multiple 2nd round picks (they have multiple unprotected Detroit 2nds) or their only remaining FRP in 2027 unprotected or top 3 protection.

Like people have been saying, we need a backup PG. Pat or Lou can easily play that role while mentoring our young guys.

Now, obviously this won't be as good as getting Herro from Miami but I highly doubt Miami gives up Herro for Dipo.

15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Not for me. The Clippers know Lou Will has been an awful playoff performer in his career and he's looking kinda washed out there. Pat Bev can't stay healthy. Oladipo right now looks awful, sure, but he was good - really good - in Indiana and that's a big upgrade for them. Seconds doesn't cut it.

D-rock and RocketsFido like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need BIGS not more guards.

And Dipo is better than Lou + Bev.

BamBam and jb86 like this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That’s a bad idea. You trade Dipo to whoever will give you the potentially highest first round pick with expiring contracts. New York might be out with the Rose trade, but if you could get a first from them even without Barrett, I do it in a second. I would easily take on a year of Blake Griffins contract if we got an unprotected pick from Detroit in return.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

jb86 likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which is better than Mo Bamba's tool just....never mind.

Nook likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why didn't the Rockets go after Vonleh? Is Diamond Stone still with Vipers? Why not sign him cheap? We need a big body.

jch1911 likes this.