1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason Oladipo is struggling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Feb 7, 2021.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Again, dunt expect too much from him, either does him think much of himself or push too it hard n try to prove himself. Either way, he is not the go-to guy, tho his mind-set quite understandable.

2. Buck Turgidson

This is good, nobody's said this before.

This is by far the greatest thing of the whole post.

3. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Cold blooded, bro.

hakeem94 and jiggyfly like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

5. dmoneybangbang

This.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Hard to get consistency going in a COVID season plus not playing back to backs.

Plus he's trying way too hard to showcase himself.

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I dont think he is a superstar but he is also better than just decent. Tate is decent, dipo is a potential first team all defense when healthy and a player capable of creating his own shot/carry a team from time to time but not game in and game out.

8. st012m

st012m Member

While I agree with your analysis and that he would be most efficient if we limit him to 28 mpg (he's already resting on back-to-backs), I also am taking a medium- (while we have him) to long-term view that he needs to build back his stamina. The recovery on back-to-backs would allow his muscles to continue to recover from the load the night before. Progressive loading will help him get back to peak form and aim towards 33-34 mpg while maintaining efficiency once (or if) he makes the leap towards his former peak performance self. I think that this is what the staff is aiming for and they might have known that he would have a drop-off given the workload as a possibility while hoping that it does not happen. It did happen but I don't think it warrants changing course. He either adapts or he continues to suffer and the trial ends and he's moved by the trade deadline at an unfortunate lesser value or he has another stretch to prove himself for an extension to the off-season for which we lose him for nothing knowing some team is going to give him his asking price even if he underperformed (their hope is that more time since the injury means he'll have a sudden resurgence).

I would also like to add that we do play this junkyard dawg style of hyperactivity on defense that contributes to tired legs as well and aligns with your theory on fatigue/stamina.

These are just my opinion and more speculative and derived from me not knowing the specifics but your analysis did shed light on efficiency that I was not aware at that precision. I love it! Thank you.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd say Oladipo frequently is valued higher than he is actually worth by the league just because he made an all-star team in the East. It does wonders for your career.

Offensively, he has always been flawed but yes he is a good enough defender who can make the all-nba defense team on a good year if he's healthy.

He's clearly looking forward to going where he wants when free agency comes and I highly doubt he'll want to stay here.

He turned down the max extension from the Pacers so it's not just about money to him. I could see him taking a paycut to play in Miami if he really wants to go there.

tl;dr We need to deal him before the deadline and hope he returns to form before then to up his value.