1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason Oladipo is struggling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

So first let me start off by saying that even though I never had a ruptured quad ,every runner knows that its an integral part to running. Oladipo had the rupture during the 2019-2020 season, I big part why he's struggling is because his stamina. These players are not robots and we cant just think just because they have training staff and therapy it means they going to get back to 100 % right away. Most of these therapist's probably had never even touched a basketball in their life, so you can never put a time table on people. Alrigth so after analyzing some of the stats and data I found a pattern between his minutes and performance .Especially his drop in 3 point %.
    In a nut shell the data showed a dramatic decrease in 3 point % the more minutes he played in a game ,which includes both in indiana and houston,so heres the stats.
    .Minutes 3 Point %
    25 or less 70%
    28 minutes 40%
    29-32 minutes .21.1%
    33 or more 29%
    Because his quad has not fully recovered , his stamina has taken a dip. So it would be best to play him at max 28 minutes and rest him on back to backs. Playing him more than 28 minutes makes no sense because his performance dramatically dips.
    Also I want to call out the trainers at the toyota center.Look I have personal trainer certification and it malkes no absolute sense to allow oladipo workout after a game. I seen a clip of him weigth training right after a game. Since its already during season it better to try and maintain strength and not add since it will exhaust the player. Weight training right after a game is asking for an injury. Plus you not going to see a dramatic increase in performace during the season. It would be way better for him to practice his shooting and form after a game rather then weight training after a game.
    I will also have like 3 more posts coming and yes 1 is a bout tanking and the reason I believe they should.
    @RafaelStone contact me

hakeem94, DeBeards and bmelo like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's not struggling! He was just never that good! He isn't a superstar. He has always been the example of decent player on an even worse surrounding roster.

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Oladipo was very good before injury and clutch too. He would be far and away the best player on this team. Hes absolutely cooked now

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I never understood purpose of weight training after the game. Or in the middle of the night. When MaMbA mEnTaLiTy goes wrong i guess.. good. sleep and regeneration is more important for these fully developed physicaly men

hakeem94 and chadyang like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dipo sucks from the opening tip tho

6. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Dipo isn't a superstar

he's "only" a 2-time NBA all star, All-NBA 3rd team, and All-Defensive 1st team

he's recovering from a major injury and he just got traded to a new team(system) 21 days ago

trade or keep him, either way, we'll get good player or valuable assets so don't panic ;)

DeBeards, c1utchfan925 and 18pbr like this.
  7. vick

vick Member

Oladipo may be getting vibes that Miami wants him NOW. He may be playing a silent version of what Harden did. Either way next month i think he will get traded, along with Tucker.if the Rockets want to stay in the race for a playoff spot, they need to pick up a center somehow.Why go half ass. Either trade. Oladipo and Tucker or get a center and do whatever you can for this year.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He played against scrubs in the East which inflated his numbers. He was trash on OKC. Never been that good of a player. Not someone you can build around.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks for the heads up

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Derozen finally outplayed someone...

hakeem94, harold bingo and chadyang like this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He said it

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Please trade him!!!! Don’t want this juju on our team.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He's not a superstar, but he sure as hell isn't as bad as he's playing right now. The good news is, there's nowhere to go but up (or out)!

clos4life, GotGame15, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  14. caneks

caneks Rookie

He's been like this for the last 3 years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[✓] unsubscribe

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I will believe you if you say you are @riko s trainer

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think he’s trying to do too much to show that he can be “the man” and get that big contract next year. I really think it’s just that simple. If he would slow down and stop trying to do so much he’d probably play much better. He’s not bad, he’s just not playing the role that he should be playing because he thinks that he’s much better than what he really is.

Patience, dmoneybangbang and DeBeards like this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Obviously you dont build around someone like oladipo but this argument never made any ****ing sense. You dont play exclusively against your own conference

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know you don't but you play 2/3rds of your games against them, which inflates your numbers. He was nothing when he was on OKC and at no point did you ever think that Indiana team was a threat to win it all. So what is the purpose of having Oladipo on this team?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

He never seems happy. Part of me thinks that torpedos his will.

hakeem94 likes this.