1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real origin of covid19 ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is like a teaser. Guess we will know in a few weeks.

And again, in the field of medicine, there is cooperation and collaboration, something we need to protect.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ome-from-investigator-foreshadows-fresh-clues

Scientists probing the origins of the coronavirus are wrapping up a lengthy investigation in China and have found “important clues” about a Wuhan seafood market’s role in the outbreak.

Peter Daszak, a New York-based zoologist assisting the World Health Organization-sponsored mission, said he anticipates the main findings will be released before his planned Feb. 10 departure. Speaking from the central city of Wuhan, where Covid-19 mushroomed in December 2019, Daszak said the 14-member group worked with experts in China and visited key hot spots and research centers to uncover “some real clues about what happened.”

“It’s the beginning of hopefully a really deep understanding of what happened so we can stop the next one,” he said over Zoom late Friday. “That’s what this is all about -- trying to understand why these things emerge so we don’t continually have global economic crashes and horrific mortality while we wait for vaccines. It’s just not a tenable future.”

“We really have to cover the whole gamut of key lines of investigation,” Daszak said. “To be fair to our hosts here in China, they’ve been doing the same for the last few months. They’ve been working behind the scenes, digging up the information, looking at it and getting it ready.”

The work has been “collaborative,” with Chinese counterparts helping mission investigators dig deeper for clues, he said.

“We sat down with them every single day and went through information, new data, and then said we want to go to the key places,” the British scientist said. “They asked for a list. We suggested where we should go and the people we should meet. We went to every place on that list and they were really forthcoming with that.”

“My feeling is we will be able to say something of some value at the end of this trip -- quite a lot of value, but I don’t want to get into what that’s going to be or which way it points,” he said, adding that the group’s findings are confidential until they are released publicly.

Viruses are passed along “convoluted rivers of emergence” and tracing that journey is complicated and will take “a really long time,” Daszak said. “What I have seen already tells me that there are some real clues about what happened, and I hope that we’ll be able to make a solid explanation of that by the end of this trip.”

2. malakas

malakas Member

oh the chinese are definitely be doing work for months now digging information. And then burrying it.:rolleyes:
    Probably along with bodies. People have dissappeared. Journalists and scientists.

I have zero confidence that the truth will come out any time soon with the help of the CCP.
    The best we can hope is to finally find out the interspecies and the relative chronology.

The WHO also has long proved that they are a joke so why have any confidence in their findings?

AroundTheWorld, Nook, King1 and 5 others like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CH_N_

wheel of
    Misfortune

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

blue balled hard damn...

5. tinman

Supporting Member

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Does it really matter? If its not a bat maybe its a cow or pig or chicken or some other animal. There will be new viruses evolving all the time.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Of course it matters and it could have come from a lab. WHO didn't gain access right away so I doubt we'll ever know the true origins.

9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I'm on the fence on whether this leaked out of a lab or was natural. Some things are so complex you have to trust an authority. I've listened to a few podcasts from Bret Weinstein who is an evolutionary biologist that specializes in bats and he makes a good case for the lab leak hypothesis.

tinman and Andre0087 like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes it matters
    If eating bats started this then people should stop eating bats

Jontro likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bats are cooked so unlikely that it came from eating bats. Or from a lab.

More likely it came from the wildlife trade which is used for Chinese medicine. There you have people handling animals and the most likely way for a virus to jump to humans.

12. Air Langhi

Viruses come from pigs and cows too.

Life finds a way

And do you think Chinese are going to stop eating bats. I am guessing that is unlikely.

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jump from animal to human can happen in the wild, at a farm, in a market, in a lab. "Leaked out of a lab" as an accident, that's possible. The true conspiracy theory is that it was engineered.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Air Langhi

If it was made in a lab what is anyone going to do? Viruses are always evolving, why is it hard to believe it was just created by nature. Even still 90% of the people's immune system can handle covid. We are also result of billions of years of evolution.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We can’t do **** right now just deal with the aftermath. If China didn’t have anything to hide they wouldn’t have restricted access to Wuhan when it was leaked that this was not the flu. It’s another concern if they’re manipulating viruses for whatever reason may be population control I don’t know but the world deserves answers.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Word on the streets is it came from one of @Jontro ‘s sewer swing nights

Real nasty **** going on, some grade A filth in that mans bedroom

AroundTheWorld and Jontro like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

we keep it clean breh. plus we don't make eye contact, because it's geh

jiggyfly and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t buy any of the conspiracy theories the right loves that Covid was cooked up by the Chinese and the Democrat elite to destroy Trumps re-election.

Let’s just start there.

I also cannot see a motive here for intentionally releasing a deadly virus literally outside the doorsteps of the lab in the country that in theory intentionally is releasing it. Especially without a vaccine already developed that they could protect themselves with as it’s released. Makes no sense.

Now other than that, I definitely can see a possibility that this virus came from the lab there in Wuhan and because of bad protocol or incompetence, it got out and spread through the community.

When I got the virus myself, I don’t know about anyone else that got it, but it felt very unnatural. Almost chemically in the way that you had this metallic taste in your mouth, and the way it attacks your nasal glands and ultimately your lungs.

So I wouldn’t be shocked if we find out that the patient zero was a young student who dropped a vile in the lab, wiped the virus on his shirt, and then went to the wet market afterwards to get some fresh pangolin.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if we also just learn that it is just what science says it is in a dangerous bat virus that came from a cave being disturbed in construction and a bat interacting with another species that it normally wouldn’t and that species then ends up at a wet market. Bats are a species we as humans have no business interacting with. You could also say that God, or Mother Nature, or whatever created bats as a guardrail for the natural world, where if something like the human species over expanded and over consumed the natural world, a home grown chemical weapon is there waiting to restore balance.

#18 dobro1229, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    DVauthrin, mdrowe00, Nook and 2 others like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is pretty much what I think. It seems possible that it could've been an accidental release but as far as it being an engineered bio weapon it makes very little sense.

The most likely explanation is still that this is a naturally occurring virus that had been latent until it got exposed to human due to the wildlife trade and degradation of natural habitats or else a virus that had been in animals that made a jump to humans.

mdrowe00, Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What’s more likely

1- human destroying habitats of and contact with wild animals without bio protection resulted in the jump

2- human with bio level protection in a lab had an accident resulted in the jump

3- human engineered the virus and accidentally released it

4- human engineered the virus and released it on purpose

3&4 are conspiracy theories

1 is most likely but 2 is also possible

whatever the case, 2 shouldn’t happen and can be mitigated through an international standard of bio lab safety - this is where you need monitoring, logging, and cooperation. It might already be happening. But if not, seems like a low hanging fruit to go after.

1 is much harder to go after given the economic challenges and “wild” nature of it.

dobro1229 likes this.