1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dipo Duping??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Feb 7, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They tried that repeatedly in the 2nd OKC game and it was a disaster. Hideous turnover ISO basketball. Oladipo has no court vision and can't pass. Seriously he can't throw lobs and either can't or won't kick out to the open shooter. Gordon is marginally better at PG but the team really needs to pick up a cheap pure PG or groom Mason Jones.

DonKnock, D-rock, Mr Woods and 3 others like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

A little disappointed in Oladipo's lack of aggression and decision making. Last night we took the lead and had San Antonio down in the shotclock, but he commits a unnecessary foul. Before that we start cutting down the lead and he comes in and forces a contested 3. He just kinda loses focus at times

Patience and BamBam like this.
  3. markiboy

markiboy Member

Oladipo can still be a great role player but not a STAR anymore unlike John Wall which can still be an all star in the future

BamBam likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

All those nuances ya put down might happen to prove instead of helping this team to win, he's selfishly pushing hard on working out a beautiful statistics in order to earn a fat contract from somewhere after this season.

BamBam likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Well with those states, we know he's not Dipo Doping!

D-rock, Os Trigonum and BamBam like this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think the MASKED SINGER was his kryptonite

BamBam likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

BamBam likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The concept of getting PG/SG after PG/SG after PG/SG becomes a conflict, not to mention some bigger players needing touches to get a feel for the game.

Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup/meal.

With Indiana who did the facilitating? Oladipo and ? Brogdon TJ Warren?

With Houston it’s share the wealth. Wall needs his touches, Mason Jones needs touches, Wood needs more
    touches, House needs touches, Cousins feels he can’t work up a lather on the offensive end, Tate wants to
    strut his stuff, player egos have to be put aside. Oladipo has been use to, just putting his head down and going.
    Now he has to often take a back seat......in Indiana he was always the driver or in the passenger seat....
    rarely in the back seat.

Addition by subtraction. Less Nwaba, Sterling, Eric Gordon, House, Tate......builds up Dipo numbers; but
    probably leads to more losses. Silas wants to win and prove he his worthy of being a head coach.
    Rockets record will be seen as a reflection of Silas. Fair or unfair, not for me to decide.

Edited: never mind Dipo is getting more FGA’s in less minutes with Houston. Maybe he feels he needs
    to rush.

#28 ApacheWarrior, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    DeBeards likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe I'm remembering how he played in that first game with us. He seemed to handle, pass and see the court ok in that game. Last night he was horrific--that turnaround fadeaway looked like a kid practicing in the playground.

Agree we need someone else to turn to at PG, but I don't see that person on the current roster. Stone is probably seeing how this group plays and measuring that against any offers. It makes too much sense to trade PJ and Dipo if he can get draft capital or young players in return.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It’s uncanny how much you remind me of my evil arch rival @SwoLy-D ... ;)

D-rock likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

:mad: :confused: :eek: o_O :cool:

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon needs to share his secret with his fellow Hoosier on how to suddenly play basketball again.

The only thing I'd say is he physically looks okay to me. He's made some exceptional plays on the defensive end. He shows some burst on offense turning the corner (he's not Wall though). In general, he's just missing great looks.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

my guess is that...those players who once being treaded like the face of a franchise or the future of a franchise, might hardly find back their ego n peace of mind in a long period of time if they kept being traded in following years of their career, quite like where dipo is at now (ORL-OKC-IND-HOU-?-?)
    so while dipo expressing 'Our better days are ahead. This is only the beginning blah blah blah' in the interview, he might be still quite stuck in a feeling of being f*cked or being deemed as inompetent.

that's why i think a great deal of journeyman like lou williams n robert horry, its not ez for them to get over quickly n still make those clutch shots. till now i dunt see that kinda mental quality in dipo.

BamBam and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I was a bit surprised when they decided dipo over lavert .Levert was averaging like 25 points per game in his last 5 games before getting traded. When I looked a dipo highlights in Indiana he lacked explosiveness and overall from the eye test coupled with his stats ,i was not impressed.The only thing he was better than levert was his 3point % .The only way he can raise his value is by increasing his 3point percentage again.

BamBam likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He comes from the Westbrook school of hard knocks.

Dipo often said Westbrook taught him so much when in OKC. Geez, we see it!!

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally think he can't pass either way. Even if he tries to facilitate he just doesn't have the vision or the passing accuracy of an actual point guard.

It's a skill to be able to attack and see the floor like Harden or Luka, and most players don't have it

DonKnock, BamBam and DeBeards like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Overrated for sure

D-rock likes this.
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

k…that's a news to me. I luv westbrook, :confused: but hardly could westbrick be a mentor…his mental quality even worse

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

DeBeards likes this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO - while the #s may appear similar the player doesn’t. As in - -
    He didn’t always have good games in Indy but I don’t recall any stinkers.
    If VO wants to go then all he has to do IMO is make it clear he’s not resigning in Rocketville. Poof, he’s in a more chosen destination.

BamBam likes this.