1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marilyn Manson getting canceled...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 1, 2021.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Didn't he have his ribs removed to suck his own peepee. At least that's what they said in school back in the day

Caesar and Andre0087 like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gerard Way.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Beezy

Beezy Member

My sister dated Rob Sheridan when he was getting started with Nine Inch Nails. She showed me some pictures of them playing Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast with Trent in the New Orleans studio. I'm sure she was star struck but she had nothing but nice things to say about him.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That was a metaphorical jab at his narcissism and younger people at the time took it literally. I think Manson then ran with it and allowed people to think he did it just to get attention.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Obviously it wasn’t real but it was the hot topic on the playground

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. CrazyJoeDavola

Where would you go to get this type of surgery?

Asking for a friend............

Bandwagoner and RKREBORN like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

@jacoby?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

The brothel lady.

[​IMG]

11. Xerobull

Wood lost her case. Now MM is suing her.

Question is: would you pick up MM’s leftovers?

tinman likes this.
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dang, such a messed up scenario. I don't know if Manson's suit is all correct, but if Wood really did forge a letter from a real FBI agent and send it out, that alone is enough to really damage her accusations. Which is a shame because I do believe she was being truthful about what MM did to her, but maybe crossed the line trying to pull together evidence or to supply content for this upcoming documentary.

I would imagine MM and his lawyers have sent a request to HBO to not air the documentary as well, if they think it will be presenting as fact things that were fabricated. It will be interesting to see if that airs as planned.

tinman, GRENDEL and Xerobull like this.
  13. Xerobull

Going off her taste in partners, I would say she’s on the high crazy of the hot/crazy scale.

14. Xerobull

@bobrek 's son breaks down the MM vs Wood & Gore filing here:

bobrek likes this.
  15. Xerobull

This guy is anything but innocent.

Marilyn Manson Accuser Went Public With Horrific Claims of Abuse. Now She Says They Were Made Up
    [​IMG]

In May 2021, Ashley Morgan Smithline appeared on the cover of People magazine next to the headline: “I survived a monster.”

The story announced that Smithline, who has worked as a model and actor, was “ready to tell her truth” about the horrific abuse she had suffered at the hands of Marilyn Manson. Among other things, she alleged that Manson had tied her up and raped her while she slept, drank her blood and carved his initials into her thigh.

“I was brainwashed, and it makes me feel disgusting,” she said, alongside a photo in which she displayed the scar.

But in a three-page declaration filed in court on Thursday, Smithline recanted her allegations.

She said that the claims, which she first posted to her Instagram account in February 2021, “contained untrue statements” about Manson, “including that there was violence and non-consensual sexual activity in our brief relationship.”

She also stated that there was “no branding or cutting” during the relationship, “and certainly no ‘Marilyn Manson’ initials carved on my body.”

Smithline also alleged that she had been pressured into making the false allegations by Evan Rachel Wood, Manson’s ex-girlfriend, who has publicly accused him of abusing her during their four-year relationship.

She alleged that she was manipulated by Wood and others, including Wood’s girlfriend Illma Gore, into participating in a publicity campaign against Manson. In addition to the People cover shoot, Smithline appeared on “The View” and filed a federal lawsuit accusing Manson of violent sexual abuse.

The lawsuit was dismissed in January after her attorney, Jay Ellwanger, withdrew from the case due to a breakdown in the attorney-client relationship.

Smithline now maintains that she was convinced to make the false allegations after hearing the accounts of Wood and Esme Bianco, another Manson accuser.

She said that when she first spoke to Wood in 2020, she denied having been abused. But she alleges that Wood told her she must have “repressed” her memories. In effect, she claims she was brainwashed.

“Eventually, I started to believe that what I was repeatedly told happened to Ms. Wood and Ms. Bianco also happened to me,” she said.

Wood’s spokesperson denied Smithline’s claims.

“Evan never pressured or manipulated Ashley,” the spokesperson said. “It was Ashley who first contacted Evan about the abuse she had suffered. It’s unfortunate that the harassment and threats Ashley received after filing her federal lawsuit appear to have pressured her to change her testimony.”

Smithline also claimed that Ellwanger filed the suit without reviewing it with her, and that he was among those who pressured her to make the false allegations. In an email to Variety, Ellwanger denied the claims.

“My response is constrained by ethical obligations regarding client confidentiality, even to a former client,” Ellwanger wrote. “But what I can say is that the specific allegations in the Declaration regarding my representation of Ms. Smithline are categorically and verifiably false.”

Manson is now suing Wood and Gore for defamation, alleging that they have maliciously derailed his career with false allegations of abuse. Manson also accuses them of recruiting other women to make false allegations against him.

Attorneys for Wood and Gore have filed a motion to throw out the claims under California’s anti-SLAPP statute, arguing that the suit is an effort to chill free speech on a matter of public interest. Their attorneys have also argued there is no evidence that Wood or Gore pressured anyone to make false accusations.

Howard King, Manson’s lawyer, filed Smithline’s declaration in defense of the anti-SLAPP motion. King asserts that the declaration constitutes new evidence that Wood and Gore did, in fact, pressure women to fabricate allegations.

The motion is set to be heard on April 11.

tinman and Nook like this.
  16. Xerobull

Even with this news I think it's just a matter of time before this guy gets nailed on something else.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, I agree.

There is still a LOT out there that shows deliberate misconduct.

ROCKSS, tinman and Xerobull like this.
  18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Never cared much for his music, but I don't think he's strange at all. He's been playing a weirdo character for the past 30 plus years which a lot of the goth rock/industrial metal generation of yesteryear lapped up. If you ever listen to his interviews you'll notice he's very articulate, funny and engaging. If he wasn't a musician, he would be a museum curator or university professor somewhere.

Caesar likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

"I don't think he's strange, he's just a weirdo"

Got it, makes sense to me

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Yeah, a Museum of Freaks and Nazis curator.

Bandmate Sues Marilyn Manson over Nazi Purchases

Shock rocker Marilyn Manson is being sued by a bandmate for using their earnings to buy Nazi paraphernalia, African masks made of human skin, the full skeleton of a 4-year-old Chinese girl – and ex Dita Von Teese’s $150,000 engagement ring.
    Do some Google diving for pre-Wood lawsuit news. It's not an act. This guy is a real freak, and not in a good way.

jo mama likes this.