1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's only if he's traded, if not he's stuck here until he plays the contract out plus the tag years after that. If he sits out for the next 7 seasons he'll make no money and won't be able to play till he's 33.... he's not doing that.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

They don’t progress if he sits out period. Under this contract it just prolongs control.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

Easy there you are making too much sense

3Rings likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

For those that don’t understand what I’m talking about when I saw this is on DW and he’s being selfish... see the timeline below.

Certainly the wording has a biased feel to it but all the facts in each box are the facts.

Bobbythegreat and whag00 like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7. Major

Major Member

No mention of any of the reasons he wants out, of course. Where are the boxes mentioning Jack Easterby or being lied to by Cal McNair. You know, the things that led him go from a 2 to a 10?

Sooty, primtim24 and 3Rings like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's because all of those "reasons he wants out" haven't actually been stated, or they are inaccurate, or there are conflicting statements about them.

If Watson put on his big boy pants and told people exactly what his beef with the organization was, then we'd be able to say for sure. What we do know is that he had little to no problem the whole time BOB was destroying the franchise and he even agreed to commit long term to a BOB led franchise.....then BOB was fired and he's now throwing a temper tantrum and no one really knows why.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Well first you said he wants out because he can't control the franchise. Now it's about him wanting out because he wants to profit more in a bigger market. Which is it

Sooty, 3Rings and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Neither did you.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bobby has disliked Watson ever since the draft when he was calling him a running back and Alex Smith at best. Clearly has an axe to grind due to Watson proving him wrong. Seems like bobby's has found a way to release all the pent up anger at Watson through his trade request.

Sooty, 3Rings and Fulgore like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess we're all just guessing because Watson is intentionally keeping the reasons behind his b****assness a secret.

LOL, really? I was calling for him to be fired since his second season here.

Edit: I went back and checked I got on the Fire BOB bandwagon in 2016 part of the way through the season

I asked everyone here MANY TIMES to explain to me exactly what BOB did well because he didn't coach defense, he kept making the offense worse, and players seemed to hate him. The response almost always was something about how much Watson liked him.

#1452 Bobbythegreat, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with Watson as a player, so that's just a lie. I have a problem with his actions this off-season.

Early on, I pointed out things Watson needed to improve on in order to be the guy we wanted him to be. The first several years, he struggled to read defenses and held on to the ball far too long causing sacks and interceptions. He's since then put in the work and significantly improved when it comes to both areas and since then I've done almost nothing but praise the kid on the field.

You don't have to lie simply because you don't like the accurate things I'm saying.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm really over it, can we have Elon call Adams' heirs and buy the naming rights for the Oilers and resurrect the original Houston franchise... "Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers #1..."

Ok, that's my fantasy for the day, back to bickering over Texans drama.

IBTL and 3Rings like this.
  15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The ignore function is a godsend.

3Rings, arkoe and Major like this.
  16. mario_v

mario_v Member

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Mostly interested to see what they get after the Stafford trade. Will it be the same 2 FRPs or will they get more?

The Wentz trade could further increase the Texan's return in a trade for Watson.

mario_v likes this.
  18. showa13

showa13 Member

Taking a break has been nice, but serious question. Wentz has publicly questioned and criticized the Eagles and former coach Dougie P and threw the biggest b fit when he was benched. Now he’s saying he’s done with the Eagles. Are we ok with how Wentz is trying to force his way out of Philly or?

Verbal Christ and UTSA2step like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

20. UTSA2step

UTSA2step Member

Slightly different situation, but definitely a nice, little double standard. Wonder why the talking heads aren’t all over it. Hmm???

Sooty, Rudyc281 and Verbal Christ like this.