1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ktex

ktex Member

*Fat drunk chick at the bar.

T for 3 and Htown Legend like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Remember not to forget that Deshaun Watson is the bad guy mmmkay!

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Watson, no Watson, doesn’t matter as long as this conman is in the building. Those videos are straight embarrassing.

SWTsig, Nook, stevel and 5 others like this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I lost faith in humanity when QAnon took hold of so many people. There are way more dummies in this world than we realize and unfortunately Cal is one of them.

SWTsig, stevel, 3Rings and 5 others like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Can you imagine this guy giving this style talk to a group of NFL players?

Excuse me while I laugh hysterically.

3Rings, joshuaao, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He has given a talk to players where he asks them to remember the days when they were playing with "Ray Ray and KeKe and them" so Im assuming he's already shown his ass enough to make players want nothing to do with his "message".

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You think he asked them if they ever thought about Jesus giving shoutouts to the fish as he was walking on water?

"Hey one fish! Hey two fish! Hey red fish, blue fish!"

joshuaao and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No but he did say something about "crip walking for Jesus" - his racial insensitivity and faux spirituality is cringe inducing.

Nook, 3Rings, Two Sandwiches and 3 others like this.
  9. conquistador#11

In the SI article there was a mention of him pulling aside players asking them to pray with him. Landry Locker from Chupacabra's show found a clip where easterby told the story of meeting Malcom Butler for the first time. He picked him up at the airport and took him to the stadium.

What stood out was that according to easterby preaching on stage, a player who he had never met before, Butler, asked him to pray with him. It was the other way around.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So Easterby lying for his own personal gain seems to be a pattern - that MO sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

It’s in the video above.

1:22 “A couple years in to my ministry here in New England, I was asked — it was a busy day, a lot of people were out of the office and we just signed some new players and so a lot of people who do the runs to pick up were busy — they said, “Jack, would you mind going to pick up one of our players from the airport? We just signed this guy, he’s gonna work out for us and he’ll be on our team.” I said “Absolutely, let’s do it.”

They as a joke give me this van and send me through Mass Pike, to downtown Logan to get this young man from the airport. As I go to pick him up, I get a text message from our assistant who says his name is ‘Malcolm’. I thought to myself, “OK, great.” So I call this guy, he’s got a Mississippi number, we’re gonna relate. He’s from rural Mississippi, I’m from South Carolina. So I call him. We start trading fast food restaurants that are like getting an IV of grease straight to your elbow. We were talking about life and all these different things. I said “Hey, all I have your first name is Malcolm. What’s your last name? “Butler.” I said, “OK, great.” You may have heard of him. Decent player. He says “I’ll see you when you pick up.”

We pull up. Because we had some dialogue, and those of you who know you talk to someone on the phone in business or something, you visualize what someone will look like so in your mind you know what it’s gonna be. I visualize what it’s going to be so I pull the van up at the side of Logan and see this guy and I think this is it and say “HEY, WELCOME TO NEW ENGLAND!” This guy looked back at me like “Uhh, hey, how are you?” I said “HEY, HOW ARE YOU?! ARE YOU MALCOLM?” He said “No, I’m not.” So I got back in the car feeling silly and I thought to myself ‘Oh my goodness, here’s this guy that I thought was someone he wasn’t.”

15 minutes later, Malcolm comes out. “Sorry, I got held up.” I said “That’s alright. I introduced myself to some other guy. Nice to meet him.” He comes in and gets in my car. We begin to talk. On the ride from Logan into Foxborough, we begin to talk about life and things he had been through and challenges we had been through. We pulled into Gillette. We pulled into Gillette, stopped and actually prayed in the car. He said “Will you pray for me? Let’s pray before we go in.” We prayed. That night in the hotel, I met him in the hotel, we begin to talk about things he was going through.

Fast forward, we did this journey together a couple of years. Fast forward to this game that happened in Arizona. You may have heard about it. Decent deal. He intercepts this pass, wins the Super Bowl. Everyone is going crazy. He’s on the sideline and gives me a big hug. He’s crying and says “Do you remember when we prayed together when we were in the parking lot.” I said “Yes Malcolm, I remember that.”

That night he left. Private plane Jay Leno, private plane Disney World, private plane all these other places to parade what it means to be Super Bowl MVP. I thought to myself ‘This is awesome.’ I begin to see Butler, Butler, Butler. Everyone saw this name, Malcolm, Malcolm, awesome. This video is being played everywhere. You’re seeing this video of this kid from rural Mississippi steps in and intercepts Russell Wilson’s pass. I’m hearing this name Butler, Butler, Butler. How many people were saying this name but didn’t know who he was. I begin to think, if they knew him, they know this highlight, they see him as a DB, as #21, they see him interact and ‘Wow, I look up to him! I like him! Go Patriots! This is awesome!” If they really knew who he was, it’d be that much more encouraged.

Today, the premise of me coming to you is the same is true about Jesus. We have a name on a piece of paper or maybe told to you by your grandparents or you’ve come to church and heard this name ‘Jesus’ and it’s out there, it’s just an idea, a thought or something you go to in a time of need. I want to take Jesus from just an idea or someone we’re a fan of and bring us closer into a personal relationship, an intimate relationship where we just don’t know about him, we actually know him.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I find it so hard to believe that in the very first moment two complete strangers meet - that they would be sharing deep feelings that lead to needing to stop and pray.

I dont believe anything Jack Easterby has to say - his reputation is worthless.

SWTsig, mikol13, ipaman and 6 others like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So he just admitted he thinks all black people look alike.

Major likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

LOL. Someone should ask Butler about this...

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He is kind of taking credit for the interception, too. Weird stuff.

Hey guys, listen to this story about how I told Jesus to help Malcom Butler, then he was Super Bowl MVP! Decent deal.

SWTsig, mikol13, Kim and 2 others like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Malcolm didn’t even win MVP (as Jack says)

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Woah!! Easterbys on tear!!!!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/jerome-solomon/article/Solomon-Jack-Easterby-isn-t-the-worst-but-give-15930837.php

Three sources say Easterby is bothered by death threats, and if true, that is a particularly disturbing aspect of this situation.

Easterby, who claims his career is “devoted to the development of character and organizational culture,” is a believer. He probably believes his actions have helped, or will help, the Texans improve on both fronts.

The problem isn’t so much that fans don’t believe in him, it’s that players don’t trust him. And since he has been with the organization, the team has been shaped in his image.

“He wants everyone to confide in him and if you’re not comfortable with that, you’re a problem,” one player said.

Easterby’s power within the organization is buffered by a weak owner, who has bought the snake oil and seems prepared to drink the Kool-Aid.

As for the damage that can be done, Easterby just got here.

He pushed for the DeAndre Hopkins trade and is the main reason Deshaun Watson no longer wants to be associated with the organization.

And he just got here.

Imagine what he can do over time.

mikol13, Kim and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Jesus was crazy and this Jesus lover is crazy for Jesus. You know what that makes him then? Double crazy!

Thoughts and prayers is what they use right, so I'll send thoughts and prayers to Easterbunny and his family. If something happens, Jesus meant it too so it cannot be disturbing. Is that how it works?

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

At what point do the minority owners speak up? Can the board of directors not intervene? With or without Watson this Easterby thing is gonna be a problem for a long time.