1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Leaders] Face Of the Franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There has been talk about how John Wall coming here and looking like a stop gap until the rockets rebuild around Christian Wood. But in all theory, I see how the rockets got a steal for a Center who is breaking out to be a Allstar, and looking very good despite the Injury set backs of late.

With all the talk about Team who resets after moving a Franchise player(s). When and How will the rockets find there next Superstar. Threw The Draft? Or In Free Agency? via Trade ? Who do you see now or what player do you see the Rockets bringing in, to Be The new Identity of this team, or They really trying to Build Around Wood?

I think they can actually put in a Massive trade package either now with what assets they Have, to realistically bring in a Franchise Player threw Draft( Trade package for a upcoming Top 5 Draft pick), or Player now like MPJ?, or they really trying to build around the WOW Group?

#1 Le$$, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

through the draft not threw...
    and yes, Evan Mobley

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I agree might want to Lock that In with The Warriors Pick.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Let’s hold off on this until we see Wood staying healthy, cannot bear another Yao situation.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

“John (Wall) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said not Christian Wood. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

I feel like now I’m the franchise guy since James has left. And you very rarely get the opportunity to be a franchise in two different cities and two different teams. I feel like that’s my job, to be the leader of this team. And like I said, I don’t have to be the leading scorer for our team. I don’t have to take the most shots. My job is to make sure everybody is comfortable, everybody is playing at a high level, everybody has respect for one another and that we trust our coaching staff in whatever game plan they give us. And they trust me out there as being basically the coach on the floor when I have the ball in my hands. — Real John Wall

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The face of the franchise is Tilman, he'll put himself on the mural 3 times next year instead of just 2. Gratz.

lakersuck2, Nook, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors are not dealing the Wolves pick to the Rockets and the Rockets are not dealing all their assets for a lottery pick. Getting high lottery picks is extremely hard unless a superstar is traded for it.

Christian Wood is 25 years old. He doesn’t create shots for other people and does not have an ability to score on any particular possession. He is an all star caliber player but he isn’t a franchise player.

If the Rockets get a franchise player in the next 2-3 years it will likely be through one of their own draft picks being in the high lottery.

The Rockets can target players like Michael Porter. He has superstar physical tools. However Denver knows that as well. Also Porter has a number of off the court issues that cloud whether he has the drive and commitment needed to be great.

In this league it is almost unheard of to win a title without a top 5 player. Getting a top 5 player is the hardest thing in the league to do.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Threw like threw up?

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tillman is doing an excellent job resetting that entitled cancerous locker room we use to have. Soon he'll have us winning like U of H.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's Tildo. Wall is probably the leader among the players. Wood is the most talented.

As for how we get a superstar, yeah it's probably through a big trade. However, seeing as how so many here are elated to be mediocre, I suspect Tilman will aim to have us as middle of the pack for the next decade or so.

Nook, juanming, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

We should keep Wall the remainder of his contract unless an offer is too good to pass up or a superstar is ACTUALLY going to come here

I like Walls leadership and he is probably the best leader for guys like Wood, Jones, Tate, and other rookies until Wood is polished in a couple years

His dog mentality is also great for the culture change

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Imagine being so broke that you have to rely on Danuel's bank account to save your empire.

juanming, HP3, DeBeards and 1 other person like this.
  14. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Stress fractures are literal small cracks in the bones of your feet. A tiny bit more serious than a sprained ankle, don't you think?

15. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

The face of the franchise is.. Luxury Tax Savings and Cash Considerations

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Your statements about Wood are accurate, today. Tomorrow? Nothing is holding this kid back.

Wall might have been a get out of Russ card, but what he’s doing on the court deserves some respect. He looks better than he ever has in my opinion.

We have done the franchise player path for so long - I’m just wanting a team of highly skilled players that play together. We currently have a great core. Depending on what you do with dipo, house, Tucker, trade exception and Mclemore - you could still upgrade further and have a highly competitive team that is more enjoyable to watch and easier to get behind. Would time well with the nets collapse and the addition of seven first round picks

Nook likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

His face should be on the toilet paper too!

Ziggy and HP3 like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are only 4-5 superstars in the league at any given time. Some teams like Charlotte, New Orleans, Sacramento, New York, Atlanta, Memphis etc never have one decade after decade. You guys are going to get fatigued asking daily who the next superstar is.. or at least, I hope you do? :cool:

19. juanming

juanming Member

The current leader of the team is wall

but since he is over 30 I would not build around him and alot of you will hate me for saying this but I would not build around Christian because he is mr. Glass

So going forward the leader of our team is actually Tate

And to get a superstar I would use are are draft picks namely 2022 draft we have three unprotected picks in that draft alone that would be a good time to package all three and move up kind of like 2001 Eddie Griffin

Just saying those are my thoughts

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The superstar is calling from inside the House.