1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't say nothing bad about him here.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

Y'all think Jesus crip walked on water?

3. Fantasma Negro

4. conquistador#11

Now think about being in the locker room having to listen to that, seeing through his act only for the owner to keep him around. I did laugh hard though. That was some funny ish.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think Rev X is more a man of God than Jack Easterby is

coachbadlee likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This whole saga neds a 30 for 30 how the **** is that guy in charge of anything.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This MFer!

I thought living with Jerry all this time was bad.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Y’all know Jack Easterby right ? I mean cool dude right ? We see him all the time right ? A true stud in bed right ? We’re talking missionary... and missionary... and butt stuff . What !? How y’all doin tonight ?

this guys standup routine is so bad it’s good .

I would not be able to keep a straight face doing that act

Kim likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Remember Fred Davis from local radio?
    Don't know if it's a source source or a 'sauce'.
    Nothing would surprise me though.
    It's seems a little off that out of all the headcoaches available a young GM with that "patriots way" bling would choose the 65 year old from Del Boca Vista. Does that mean Caserio bounces and goes back to the Pats like those peeps tend to do...

Rudyc281 and mario_v like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

(May 2018)

5:47 “I want to take Jesus from just an idea or someone we’re a fan of and bring us closer into a personal relationship, an intimate relationship.”

7:04 “Matthew, Mark, Luke & John went to bed with a Red Sox hat on. Hey man, that’s funny right there.”

7:50 “His favorite word in his gospel is immediately. I like to call him the gospel cliff notes. I don’t know if you ever read cliff notes. For me, wouldn’t have gotten through college without them. Amen, right? College cliff notes. Some of that’s not funny but you laugh later.”

8:49 “Then we have this idea of Luke. I always say “Luke I am your father.” *DV voice*”

9:45 “And then we have John. I want you to imagine you’re in an argument with a couple of your friends and they suggest to you Tom Brady is an average QB. They suggest to you Tom Brady is an average QB. Something in you, and we’re in church so we have to be careful, but something in you wants to rip his holy head off, amen. You feel like I don’t want to fight right now but in 10 minutes if this keeps going the same direction, me and you gonna have a problem. We can call the (?)connect steps(?) later but I’m getting ready to introduce you to my favorite friend, right fist, no hesitation. If someone relegated your favorite QB, best friend or favorite team, something in you goes off because you know it’s great, you believe in it. The book of John is a best friend’s defense of a best friend.”

13:56 “So Nicodemus is drawn into a back alley at night. I often call him Nick-at-Night. That’s funny. Those of you watching TV a little while, you’ll laugh at that and you’ll laugh again tonight at like 6 o’clock. You’ll be like Nick-at-night, ha. Sorry. Sorry.”

14:36 “Y’all think Jesus like paused on water and like shot out to the fish? That’s funny right there. I laugh at that all the time. Jesus walking on water, like ‘Hey what’s up fish? One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, you know what I’m saying? That’s funny.”

16:17 “I always laugh with our players a lot of times, I always say ‘Can you imagine being Jesus’ 3rd grade teacher at like First Nazareth School’, pop quiz today and Jesus is like ‘Nope, already did it.’ That’s funny right there.”

22:26 “I always like to tell people my daughters will be the first ever girls to win Miss America pageant in full body wetsuit. Amen. Praise the Lord because we’re not gonna wear bathing suits in front of guys.”

23:29 “What separates Christianity from every other faith is that every other faith at some place has a system of belief of works you have to achieve in order for God to love you. The Bible tells us the opposite. The Bible tells us because of your works, you’re in a mess and God is coming down the ladder to save you, to reach to you to say even as fast as you run, I run faster.”

25:24 “People ask me what’s the greatest game you’ve ever seen Jack? I always tell them the greatest game ever been played was not one I seen but eyewitnesses say Jesus for six hours competed for you and I on the cross. Greatest game ever played. He competes up and down and dies of a medical condition called asphyxiation or choking on his guts to death. The thing if I’ve learned anything about athletics or life is you learn a lot about people at their hardest moments. Jesus during his hardest moments screamed some things from the cross.”

(March 2016)

1. Embrace humility.
    Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less. ... If you want to be great, embrace humility and you gotta punt me. Embrace a team based philosophy. Embrace humility.

2. Value the values
    What are you about? “I’m about hard work!” I’ll say “What time do you wake up?” “Eight.” You aren’t about hard work then because people about hard work get up at five. “I’m about the details.” And then their socks don’t match or they’re late when they’re supposed to be somewhere. Whatever values you’re about, are you really about the values? Are you valuing the values? ... What are my values? Am what I preaching what I’m living? You may say you’re a hard worker. Everyone says that. You may say you’re detailed oriented. Everyone says that. The people who are really about it will separate themselves by valuing the values every day.

3. Balance yourself
    Sports is awesome. It’s electric. There are things that go on that you can’t possibly simulate anywhere else. Reality is, people who are great are not just great at one thing. You need to know who’s running for president. You need to read non-sports related books. You need to know current events in our society. If you want to be great, you may be asked something or put in a situation that’s outside the box of one generational realm and you need to answer that question honestly and with high integrity. You need to have balance so you can look people in the eyes and embrace a conversation and have depth as a person. Have balance. The more balanced people will be sustainable and more sustainable people will be successful.

4. Listen to the inside, ignore the noise outside
    We live in a world of top 100 lists, prospect lists, social media lists where there’s outside lists of how people are doing across the country and in some ways we live for the outside noise. When you’re at the plate and there’s 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and your teammate is counting on you, there’s absolutely nothing that list can do for you at that point. To prepare for that moment, listen to the inside. Your coaches, your mentors, your hitting coaches, the people who have been there who know what’s going on so you can excel in that moment. If you’re thinking about the list, the hype, the noise, those people aren’t going to be there when you really need it. They’ll be missing. The same person who put you on the top 100 list is the same person looking to get rid of you when things go wrong. Don’t live for the lists, the hype, your name in lights. Live for the inside. What is the name on the chest mean to you? Live from the inside out, not the outside in. When you let other people determine what success is, you’ll be miserable.

5. Love the process, not the results.
    Everyone in here has dreams. Awesome, have dreams. Dreams tend to focus on results. The one day of winning a championship, getting a ring, name in lights, banner hung. That’s great but that’s just one day. Focus on processes. Daily processes that get you up. This is what time I study, work on hitting, communicate with family, lifting, stretching, this is how I eat because I want to be great, this is how I take care of my body because I want to be great. You’ll put yourself in a position to have processes that lead excellence and when you get to the top, it’s harder to move you. But if you only focus on results when it counts, you won’t have a process. You’ll be nervous, you’ll be overwhelmed with emotion because you focused on the moment and not the process.

12. Fantasma Negro

Caserio is signed to a five year contract that makes him the third highest paid gm in the league, he can't go anywhere unless its a promotion and seeing as gm is the head of the table he's probably not going anywhere until his contract runs out. I get why Fred does this, it's the hottest story in sports right now. It would be irresponsible for him to not jump on the momentum of it and try to promote himself in some way. Unfortunately for Fred his podcast is not very good

JoeBarelyCares and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So freaking cringeworthy. I honestly don’t get it. Who in the hell buys into this guy? Or should the question be why does anyone buy into him? He’s a total fraud.

joshuaao, UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sometimes I think this dipshit just read From Good to Great and has convinced Cal that the most critical key to success is to purge the organization of anyone who doesn’t fit his holier than thou culture.

Can’t wait to see the 30 for 30 of this whole debacle once Easterby is finally gone.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

(September 2020)

4:58 “Life is filled with seasons. For me and my family, we’ve tried to do the next right thing, whatever God has called us to do, we try to do the next right thing.”

5:44 “We began to pray and seek the Lord and what he wanted us to do next. Was approached by the Texans and opportunity to come serve the McNairs and Coach O’Brien. A newer team, so we did it. First as director of team development where I was serving Coach O’Brien. Several things happened in the first year and the McNairs entrusted me to lead football operations here. It’s been a great blessing. Great first year. Won the AFC South, opportunity to play Buffalo. Exciting game there with a great group of men. Then went to Kansas City. Up a little bit and they came back and got us and they went on to win the Super Bowl. Good season, a lot learned. Happy here. Excited for the influence the Lord has given us. Excited about what those next steps might be.”

7:11 “My job is to lead football operations in every capacity that has to do with anything from game day operations and how the building functions for us to host a game to helping make sure our equipment, our video, our athletic training, our strength and conditioning departments run seamlessly with a humble spirit, to be innovative, to serve our players, coaches and staffs to be elite in every what we call subprograms. I lead a certain amount and Coach O’Brien leads the other ones. We partnered to run the football operations here in Houston.”

8:28 “I’ve always said to my wife God prepares you for what he has prepared for you. I don’t think it was just New England. My time at Newberry College,... then at South Carolina,... , Kansas City learned different skills,... and with Bill and Mr. Kraft learned a ton of things. God had his hand in all of that. He teaches us in each step of the way things we’ll be able to put in our arsenal so there will be arrows we can shoot in the future. For me and my family, you don’t know what’s next. You have to do right where you are, stay patient, trust him to provide those opportunities while you learn the lesson. Every step prepared us for the next step.

10:58 I’ve always had three markers for that decision when I change seasons. Number one is my personal time with the Lord. How is that going in that season? If we’re made for relationships with him, if your time with Lord is being compromised or not clicking on all cylinders, that season or calling you’re walking out probably needs to be axed. Nothing should challenge that or get in the way of that. Nothing should push you in a position where you don’t feel you can execute that appropriately. You should be getting time with the Lord and your time with the Lord should be fueling you to be excellent in what you’re doing.

Second thing, are my gifts being used? If the gifts are being used in a way that are really honoring him and my quiet time is fueling those gifts being used, those set the table for the third one.

The third one for me isn’t easily measurable but it’s a big one. How in your understanding of God’s word are you being sanctified in your calling. Am I getting time with the Lord, are my gifts being used and how is he in this specific thing making me more like him? So shedding off old skin or knocking off the old self and becoming the new person or knocking off maybe things he’s asking you to trust him in and things you’re holding onto you need to let go off. It’s hard to measure but if those things are rocking and rolling, you’re probably in the right season. If your time with him isn’t great and your gifts aren’t being used and you aren’t being forced to become more like him, then you need to question that season. Those are the things I evaluate.”

14:45 “We study the early church and people who understood the gospel as such a real life changing event for their lives. They didn’t have facilitators that were microphones for their ministry. They just kinda did it. They didn’t have platforms. All Paul had was a calling he felt he had to be true to as he walked with the Lord by himself. It starts with the demand that God has to love others. We have to love each other. We don’t have a choice as a Christian to love others. We must. It doesn’t mean love them when they’re lovable, it doesn’t mean love them when you’re like them or the same demographic or you completely understand where they’re coming from. We are called to love others. All discipleship will be out of the overflow of us taking an intentional reflection of God’s love and pouring it out on people beside us and just loving. That means listening to them, that means advising them when they need it, that means talking about tough things, that means interjecting God’s word and scripture when you can into their lives (laps?). In Houston, my goal is to care for our staff. To care for the people around us. To care for the people who work with me and for me that hopefully reflects the Lord. In a way that they can say is different. In a way they can say it’s genuine and authentic. If we do that well, hopefully that’ll inspire them to ask where that love comes from. Discipleship starts with loving others. Real great disciplers intersect love and truth at the same time. They take love of ‘Man I love you, I care about you, I care for you.’ and then intersect truth into that love. For me, as a discipler now, it’s intersecting love and truth with as many people as I can around our building using the time God has given me on this earth and specifically with my family to hopefully disciple others according to what God would want. As being discipled, when you relocate, you always need to recalibrate who’s pouring into you. Empty cups don’t make other people wet. You have to recalibrate that. As we continue to recalibrate here in Houston, no doubt being discipled is just as important, if not more important than discipling others.

18:38 “2020, it’s been different. It’s revealed some core, raw emotions for all of us. It’s revealed things deep down inside of us. It’s revealed things about our society that need to be changed, that desperately need to be changed. How we think of people, how we generalize people, how we put people in boxes. God just doesn’t do that. He sees his creation as his reflection. There’s been so many things that’s revealed the hearts of man and depravity of the fallenness of this world. That would be discouraging if the Bible didn’t have an answer. God has an answer for all of that. This isn’t home. It’s reaffirmed, I keep telling my girls this isn’t home. This isn’t home. We’ve been reminded all year long if you’re a Christian this isn’t home. This will never be home and shouldn’t feel like home if heaven is the destiny. We’ve been reminded of that a lot. I’m also not so sure in 5-10 years we won’t thank God for the things he revealed and things he started in the midst of the chaos. A lot of great movements have started out of adversity just like what we’ve had this year. Who knows what will come out of this.”

21:45 “I can only speak for myself and I can say all of the greatness that has happened, I told my wife sometimes greatness happens at the end of your rope. When you don’t know what you’re gonna hold onto and you don’t know where you’re going and you feel like you’re free falling and all the sudden God catches you or makes you aware of something or teaches you something or introduces you to a new person or gives you a new ministry or gives you a concept from his word that can hopefully help you influence a lot of people. We’re at the end of our rope in 2020. When 2021 rings in, do we laugh or cry or both? Probably a little bit of both. I do think greatness happens when we feel like we’re at the end of our rope.”

23:00 “I’ll just speak for myself. I think that in an effort to plan as a leader or in an effort to try to look forward to things whether 10 days or 10 years from now future, we borrow tomorrow’s problems for today a lot. Jesus is very specific for us that tomorrow has enough worries of it’s own. What we’ve been both in our office in Houston and family, what’s the next right thing? It’s an insult to God to worry. It’s like telling God he’s not in control, he doesn’t have it. I’m trying to listen to my own advice and advice of my staff who’s come up with so many great concepts is you can’t borrow tomorrow’s problems or 10 years from now problems today. You have to do the next right thing. How do you get out of a hole? First thing, stop digging. Trust God will drop a rope. Trust the next step will be what he wants at a perfect time. ... What’s the next right thing for your family, your ministry, your leadership and how can you hopefully kick some dominoes in the right direction and not borrow tomorrow’s problems for today. That’s been the sermon to myself over the last several weeks to keep this year on the right track.

likestohypeguy and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blake and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

**** CAL MCNAIR AND YOU TOO BILL O’BRIEN. YOU SUCK TOO MOTHER****ER!

Bill brought this snake in, Cal can’t quit him.

19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Cal McNair is the drunk chick at the bar who can’t even form words or walk... Jack Easterby is the guy who takes full advantage.

Phillyrocket, joshuaao and UTSA2step like this.
  20. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Preacher man talking on TV, putting down the rock and roll...wants me to send a donation because he's worried about my soul. Now Jesus walked on water and I know that is true. But sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walking too.

Walked his way into $3MM a year and the destruction of an NFL team.

Makes no sense at all.