1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jones and BMac post cryptic messages after Memphis game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Feb 5, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If Woods is still not showing up for treatment and missing stuff that's concerning.

I can see why Detroit would move while rebuilding not as concerning when you have vets.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Jones and Ben barely get any passes when they’re open. Only when they’re all cover so they have to pass the ball right away.
    I don’t see the point of bringing Ben without a set design to get him the ball or at least to get him an open shot.
    Vic, Gordon and Wall isolate more than they should.
    Pj and House get open shots but they miss them or decide to drive and turn it over or just waste time.

I wish Tate would get PJ minutes instead and that Ben would get those open looks House gets. Plus PJ and House haven’t defended that well either and they’ve made a lot of questionable decisions in the pass games.

Every time I see them together in the court the other team goes on a run. It’s time to trade

House missing open 3s, has made a lot of bad passes, a lot of turnovers and has look good in only the first okc game. He was also not playing great before COVID protocol and all that.

PJ, he looks slower and hasn’t made 3s consistently. He is averaging 5PPG and in about 35 mins of play. Last two games yes last two games he has made only 1 3 and for a total of 3 points in those two games. o_O
    He has gotten beaten by the guards and hasn’t come up with a lot of rebounds either, those 50/50 he has lost most if not all. It’s just time he doesn’t want to be here, he hasn’t accepted the extension and goes on his own corner after he is subbed.

Players we need to trade
    PJ
    House
    Kurucs for a big/ or wave him to have space
    Ben just because he isn’t getting minutes and he would be good in another team. We can get something back as picks or a player that fits Silas style better. I like Ben and wish he would get more shots and looks but coach isn’t looking into that it seems.
    Víctor he should be traded just because he will want a lot of money. I forgot how much he got offered and rejected it.
    Víctor to Miami. We could wait till the off-season since having his bird right could help the team that signs him.

So Saith Red likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mase needs to be more assertive when he’s in the game at pg. All he does is bring the ball up the court and tip toe around the three point line.

He’s got to get the offense flowing either by penetrating and kicking, getting some sets going or getting others in position to make things happen.

In that Gordon clip where he didn’t pass him the ball I recall seeing that as it happened. I also recall wondering if mason would even shoot it if he got the ball.

If he gets some more playing time hopefully he shines because he’s really gonna be pissed when exum gets healthy and pushes him further down in the rotation.

Also, how do we know he wasn’t saying he just wants to play in regards to possibly being sent to the g league? As in I don’t care if I’m sent down, I just want to play?

Sonicbun8 and D-rock like this.
  4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

No if that was his intent it would be ijwtk. I just want the Kos.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mason Jones is playing a dangerous game.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Oladipo won't be traded

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Mason needs to focus on learning the NBA game and his skill development right now. Playing well in two games a month does not mean you are ready in this league. He was not a high draft pick for a reason. Put in your work and your time will come. I like the guy, but let's slow down on he should be getting a lot of minutes right now talk.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bro, he didn't throw him under the bus. He wasn't even trying to throw shade at Wood. Instead, he just said that Wood needs to be more serious about his treatment and take care of himself based on his experience.

I'm not worried about what he told Mase. He's basically trying to mentor him to become a PG in this league and that he needs to focus on getting the team involved, play with a high level of energy on the defensive end, and then worry about his shot. Maybe Mase is soft and it got to his head, but that is some ****ing legitimate advice. I hate that Mason isn't getting minutes, but his defense has not been great this year.

Patience likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well we can agree to disagree then.

I run a sizable company and I know that if one of my managers came out and disclosed any confidential info, and medical treatments qualify, then that manager would be disciplined. That would be a huge liability in my world and I cant imagine it not being the case for any organization regardless of industry.

I have been regularly applauding Wall and his improved game, especially from 3 and throwing LOBS - plural, leading up to this interview so it's not like I was ambushing him.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think This
    We simply have too many guards.
    We need more Forwards and a second Center

Rocket River

luckyman76, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Please tell me we not making threads about end of the rotation guys and rookies that only have one skill(scoring).

Jones you a rookie bro.....wanna get on the floor, learn to play defense, learn to create for others.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

You don’t say that out in a public forum. Sit Wood down and tell him that in private

D-rock likes this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

Growing quite a bit tired of all these athletes' dumbass tweets

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, too many 6'5 wings. We need PG and C.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If Jones doesnt shut up his ass will just be playing in China lol

bmelo likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If jones was posting this because of not playing I am looking at him with the side eye.

You are a undrafted rookie who should be thankful you are not in the G league, B Mac should just be happy he is still on a team.

So much for culture.:rolleyes:

bmelo and D-rock like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, all these young players who haven’t done sh*t in this league are feeling themselves way too much

Porter Jr and Mason Jones, have several seats

Mac, u need to stop

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Mason Jones has already reached his ceiling, imo. He's one of those players who will get locked down if opposing teams ever start focusing on him in film sessions. I hope I'm wrong. He needs to humble himself. It's too early for him to tweet something like that. If the Rockets had a legitimate back up PG he wouldn't have played as much as he has. B-Mac hasn't even said that and I feel he deserves more PT than Mason Jones. Send his ass to the G-league so he can play. Replace him with Porter Jr, please?

20. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

man we are a playoff team u talking straight up nonsense u ready to go into tank mode just to play some rookies