1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Wood's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_ph, Feb 4, 2021.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Keith Jones should have let with Les Alexander. We need a new trainer.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dont change the narrative here durv.

You stuck your nose into the discussion not me, and you are acting highfalutin now because you failed to do your basic due diligence before opening your contrarian ass?

Adding more touches to Wood only changes the offense by reducing inefficient plays like iso's, innfavor of the more EFFICIENT plays like PnR, inverted PnR, PnP, slips, corner cuts, etc.

Rockets already play all these actions which is where Wood already gets the majority of his touches.

Reducing iso and other inefficient actions to increase the use of more efficient actions is not neurosurgery, it is common sense.

So running the offense thru Wood is just running the most efficient plays MORE.

How dense are you to not understand something so simple as expanding his current role?

There is no one in the NBA doing what Wood is doing, so your historical comparison request is just passive aggressive stalling.

I guess Bucks should have never increased Antetokounmpo's usage because there was no historical precedence of a 7'0 fast breaking point center?

Or Rockets should never have played a 4 out with Dream in the pivot because there was zero historical equivalent prior amirite?

Or Rockets should never have moved a top 5 SG like Harden to PG and running D'Antoni's SSOL offense to lead NBA in assists and pace without finding a historical comparison first right?

You are so FOS durv, take your tired contrarian fake intellectual act elsewhere.

Even Giannis is not putting up 23 and 10 at 55% FG WITH 42% from 3.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I worry about this guy’s longevity in this league. Is this ankle rolling going to keep happening because of the way he is built? Is he going to end up like Yao?

4. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Dude needs to switch to some high tops

5. conquistador#11

I don't know why bball players and skateboarders love the lows

Patience likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

YOU MISS 100% OF THE SHOTS YOU DON'T TAKE.

We will not know unless we try.

The stupidity is not to try.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

*Best case

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He'll be ok guys. Guy just getting toughed up.

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

Nerve touched...Btw - have you slept?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn @D-rock . Slow down. Take a deep breath. And stop insulting people because they disagree with you.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My ankles had to be casted up 12-13 times during my years of hoopin. Always the same, driving the lane coming down on some guy's foot, and rolling it hard. The more it happens the easier it is for it to happen again. Some sprains are worse than breaks. The elasticity/ resiliency of ligaments is an amazing thing. Very rarely is surgery needed. Most here know the drill. In the morning, you pretty much know the score. With Wood being a pro and having all the related diagnostic tools/ treatments/ preventative measures....he'll eventually be as good as new....and heeding the advice/orders of medical staff/teammates in all these areas.
    As others have said, there's an outside shot at a week to ten days, but most likely it's at least two months.

#131 Plowman, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

D-Rock, you’re one of my more fav posters here when you’re in a good mood, but you don’t need to stoop to insulting people you disagree with. No need to get nasty. Durvasa is one of the better, more level-headed posters on here, even though I often disagree with him. No need for personal attacks. You are overreacting.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It probably sounds strange but I find low tops significantly less restricting than high tops. Probably physiological but I feel like I can cut change directions a lot better in low tops.

Plowman likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont understand the hate Jones gets on cf. The training staff is not bad. career injury prone players like EG, Anderson, yes even CP3 have had their healthiest seasons as Rocket players. And now (knock on wood) players like Boogie, Wall, Dipo, Nwaba have been relatively healthy.

YaoMingsSoulja, jiggyfly and Patience like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

aesthetics and personal comfort. but he should seriously consider ankle braces going forward, at least for the rest of this year. doubtful he stops wearing the shoes hes been wearing

#135 YOLO, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just so tired of everyone pushing fake narratives and getting away with it.

Durv planting pseudo facts like he was Q or something.

His conclusion that ALL the posters who want to tank are arguing for more touches for Wood, so Rockets will LOSE is BS.

That is just intellectually dishonest and purposefully divisive.

Little Bit likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I
    I also found high tops very restricting. And even though they often times protect the severity, they didn't stop the frequency with me.
    Three quarter tops were my weapon of choice.

ksny15 and BamBam like this.
  18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Yup...it was always rebounding for me...landing on someone's foot.

I was told by my doc on two different sprains that it would've healed better had I broken it. Those ice water treatments twice a day were brutal!

Plowman likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I can’t see blaming Jones for Wood’s ankle. Unfortunately, you look at Wood’s rail thin body and the way he moves, he looks like an injury waiting to happen. It does not give me pleasure saying this, and I hope I’m wrong long term.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.