1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 26th, Will Dipo Still be here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpportunityCost, Feb 2, 2021.

?

March 26th, Will Dipo Still Be Here?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    39.8%
  1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So you want to trade your potential star for picks to try and flip the picks for another potential star like wood? Lol what’s the point of piling up on picks ?

D-rock likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After the Thunder Win, Victor Oladipo was working out and using his Instagram as Advertising himself for a Max Contract.

I think he has Free Agency on his mind.
    Shows himself off for other teams wanting him to pay the Max for Victor Oladipo.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I say...nay!

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

What is everybody's deal with putting words in my mouth? I said the Rockets will receive offers and may have to strongly consider an offer if it's a good one. That's it. People trying to bet me money that I'm wrong, when I haven't made any predictions. I even stated in the thread it would hurt to see him go, and it's unlikely that someone makes an acceptable offer. I've never said I want Christian Wood gone, or even think he will be traded.

Do you even know if the Rockets are going to buyers or sellers this deadline. Trading our 2nd best player away at the deadline seems likely right now. So if the plan isn't to compete for a title in the next 3 years, then what? Pay Wood 40 million. The Rockets have an amazing opportunity right now by having an all star level player on their team making 14 million a year. The Rockets have 2 strong options and one bad one. The strong options are trade for another star and try to compete for a title in the next 3 years or trade Wood. The bad option is to pay him 40 million. Paying Wood a max if he continues this production isn't horrible, but it's not as good as potentially getting another player while that players price is low, or selling Wood while his price his high.

The trading Wood strategy is something out of the HInkie playbook. 8 years ago HInkie traded the ROY for a future 1st. At the time MCW wasn't the trash that he is today. He was the most impressive rookie in his class and flirted with a quadruple double his very first game in the league. Hinkie knew he would have to pay him before he was ready to start competing, so he bought himself some time. If the Rockets do decide to flip Oladipo, then they may gravitate towards a rebuild.

5. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

The only way Wood is traded I would think would be attaching Wall's contract to it so the broke ass owner can dump long term salary. Seems unlikely, but there is a likelihood he'd entertain the notion.