1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 2/3/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Mr. Space City

time to start another 6 game streak.

Tfor3, Chasing_Chase, 18pbr and 4 others like this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Don't forget 8) House sucks.

gfab-babyboi and MettaWorldPete like this.
  3. MettaWorldPete

Haha I thought about including him but he hasn't looked consistently terrible like BMac. I hope we can get rid of him just because of the bubble stuff though.

bro2044 likes this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If they would stop hoisting up 3 Peters at the beginning of games, this team could be good and gritty enough to pull games out in the end... They expend too much energy as it is with hustle.. You're doing yourself no favors getting behind early .. It's like they're trying to prove they can make them in the 1st qtrs...

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Top candidate for worst ref in the league now goes to...

18pbr, WestendMassive and JayGoogle like this.
  6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Disappointed in this loss. Not gonna lie. Haven’t been this disappointed since the 2nd Lakers game.

MettaWorldPete, PeterKingX and 18pbr like this.
  7. carib

carib Member

The Rockets were poor on offense tonight, plus they shot 46 3 pointers and hit only 12. For good stretches of the game the Rockets had more turnovers than assists.
    The played against a lot of young athletic quick players, the Rockets needed to slow the down the game when the Thunder defense was set and it was a half court situation and wait till the defense was spaced out more before driving into the paint. They needed veteran savvy on offense. More pump fakes and crafty moves when dealing with a younger opponents bench unit that is long and quick. With young teams you always have to try get fouls but the Rockets needed to use the Thunder's exuberance to get the free throw line. Not going discuss the refs other than a lot of missed calls. A lot of driving when the paint was crowded. When the Thunder was closing out on three they needed more drives and perhaps cutting to the basket. Now and again the Rockets need to use Wood on a pick and roll for him to go to the rim or hit a floater, Wood did not get the ball inside or otherwise at at all that might have opened things up for the rest of the Rockets. The Thunder played like this defensively a big part of the in the second quarter on Monday and did it all four quarters in this game. On the bright side the coaching staff and team and look over and work on playing better. Even with Wall out this was worse than expected offensively. Time to bounce back and get a win in Memphis.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Damn just woku up, fell asleep at start of second quarter, kinda felt like its gonna slip away...tomorrow is the more dificult game, this one should have been won no matter what, no excuse. I guess the 6 game winning streak was a fluke

Salvy likes this.
  9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Missed this game. Thank god.

Jontro, deb4rockets and D-rock like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

We need to STOP showcasing PJ.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is on Silas.

Reason why offense is so low rated. Offense funneled thru Dipo is always going to be inefficient.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Oladipo's tunnel vision early on really set the tone for the rest of the team. Ball movement sucked.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

All that AND Rockets were outcoached.

MettaWorldPete and crenshaw like this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

We definitely need a backup PG, but if I can be honest.... I dont know how much I believe in load management. I know teams want to protect their assets and limit risk, especially coming off of long term injury, but... I don't know, last year we did this sht all year with Westbrook and then he got injured right before the playoffs. You can't know when or how an injury will occur.

I feel like if your guys are healthy, they should play, even on b2bs, but limit their minutes if you need to.

If your guy can't handle a 2/3 season, then maybe you shouldn't have taken the risk at all. Play your healthy players.

Little Bit and BigShasta like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

They really missed Wall and his leadership tonight. The Rockets really need to get another floor general in. It sucks that Hill is injured. They should go after Rose instead.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Went from this yesterday
    giphy (15).gif

To this tonight
    giphy (16).gif

DeBeards, bro2044, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I've given up on that ever happening again.

So has Wood.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I feel more sorry for us that are forced to watch it.

Nook likes this.
  19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Yikes!! They need to win tomorrow so I would look only half-genius, and them coaching staff half fools :D.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Oladipo doesn’t need to be taking 24 shots... he isn’t THAT quality of player. You take 24 shots and you sure as hell shouldn’t only score 19 points.

The Rockets missed Wall and Nwaba.

Silas needs to address the elephant in the room, Oladipo doesn’t need to be getting more field goal attempts than Wood.

Gordon and Oladipo have horse blinders on. They can carry you when hot but they also don’t get others involved as much as you would like.

I don’t think fans should be that discouraged by this game. It will happen to a team like this group sometimes. Just enjoy watching relatively stress free basketball.