1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Point Out the Fake Rockets Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Nov 21, 2018.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why the hell did you go in on him like that?

HP3, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

sure, but at the end of the day, if u don’t have a superstar, all that culture and system will never get u far

the Spurs without a superstar are currently irrelevant and average at absolute best

u say you’re over the whole superstar thing when that is what is needed if u ever want to win a championship

Rockets don’t need a superstar to be some team that just makes the playoffs but has no hope of actually winning a title, but that’s all they would ever be

the Rockets main objective should be trying to acquire the next guy that they can build around and who can carry the franchise for years to come

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is doing this?

Who you talking about?

Name names.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

We had fake fans here before and they are gone..so will the few still here after Harden left...

I really dont care about anyones fandome..jerk off as you will..its just the fuking annoyance and the constant spamming on this board...GTFO!

kjayp likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is rooting for Hou to fail?

Name names.

D-rock likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Charles Barkley

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bus incoming.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And that's his right as a fan, do you have to agree with everything the new regime is doing and this whole board is anti the new regime (Tillman).

So now a fake fan is somebody that does not like the direction of the team?

kjayp, topfive and HP3 like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

And what if he leaves? What if we land the next big shot. And he then walks after not being able to win it all here? I think this organization can do a little bit of both. Compete while waiting for the next super star, we don't need the number 1 pick. A high pick for sure, a good GM which I think we have and little bit of luck.

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is my favorite DD post in recent memory. Well said.

sydmill, saleem, tycoonchip and 3 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bro its more fun to win without true superstars and root for an underdog team... if rockets were wining championships every year i wouldnt even bother to watch

this is the true beauty of being a fan hoping your team develops into something and watching them fight the good fight...and when rings come its wonderful but championships are overrated... the road is the true championship

kjayp and harold bingo like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bring it on.

I am tired of all this fake fan BS and chest thumping like we already won a chip.

D-rock, vlaurelio, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i feel honored my thread was brought back

i f*cking love this new team

#113 tc0330, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I love sealclubber but he made a point like this. There is no analysis in that stat. 23 of the last 30 chips were Lakers, LBJ, Bulls, Spurs, GSW. Dominant players reigned supreme and Bulls not quitting may have made that even higher. We would kill to have any of the top players in the draft. Those players may not have won with the team that drafted them but to act like that team got nothing in return is just silly. The point is always talent accumulation and a mixture of timing, luck, and flexibility to maximize the return. You have to have a ticket to get on the train. Look at Philly, Boston, and GSW. One was highly successful but the other two were almost there and one was sabotaged. Those are the paths to follow. Staying on a treadmill leads to nowhere.

Salvy, jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

False. I have criticized Harden for how we was behaving with Covid and other times as well. I have crticized him for his clutch time play and I have criticized him in game threads where he has been ass many times. I have even gone so far as to say if Harden had performed better in Game 5 of the WCF, Chris Paul doesnt get injured. Yes I have some bias towards him as I still root for him because he is the second greatest Rocket of all time. But debate with anything factual that I have said wrong about him or keep it moving. Also name any former Rockers player, past or present that I have disparaged? Tele me which ones. You are mad because I said a comment about Rick Adleman that wasnt actually disparaging him. I merely stated that the Harden era was objectively more successful. I've stated facts. Have you ever seen me put Harden over Hakeem or Rudy over Dantoni? Please stop with this arm chair psychology garbage. Name any players or coaches that i have disparaged, I'll wait, you cant.

I am a Rockets fan, the fact that there are people in here disagreeing with you and others trash analysis says enough. The Nets winning this year does nothing for the Rockets, them losing this year is ACTUALLY worse for the Rockets. Im not admitting crap because there is nothing to admit.
    Bro, unless you have some degree in Psychology or something that makes you an expert, you dont know crap and you dont know me. You arent objective, you are upset because I said something about Rick Adleman who you really like. And if you dont like me assuming things about you, than dont do the same with me.

#115 HP3, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he leaves, then that would be unfortunate, but I’ll worry about that after we actually get the guy 1st

the only way we’re getting a superstar is either via trade or the draft because unfortunately, we’re not a place where we can be some overachieving team that makes the playoffs, and that will be enough for a superstar to want come here in free agency

D-rock, tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

kjayp, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I actually believe the last superteam evolution will hold true and after 2022 two or three stars will look to be kingmakers. They will look to a young team that has young talent, cap slots, and a ton of future assets to make things happen. Philly, Boston, LAL, LAC, Miami, and Nets played that game to differing success. Everybody is a FA in 2022 and all but LAL have struck out. Get ready for Round Two.

HP3 likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, please make the recommended change to the thread title (add "ersatz" instead of "fake"), and I will pay you a million dollars. I'm serious.

@heypartner

tc0330 likes this.
  20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This thread is so forking awesome.

You know someday there will be a 30 for 30 talking about WTF happened to Houston sports during 2019-2021, this is why.

A basket of deplorables & delusional sociopaths.

palmsnbananas likes this.