1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

that’s how dumb you are. Speaking in wins and losses over a fan site.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not quotes and semantics it's you straight up lying and getting called out for it.

You do know what this thread is about right?

Harden and the Nets and you chose to post here, what does that say about you?

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Tell the truth.

You don't even know what a testimonial is do you?

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Read

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

60348"]Tell the truth.

You don't even know what a testimonial is do you?[/QUOTE]

Read

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is what makes me laugh

dudes will say they don’t care about Harden, but visit and post in this thread non-stop

people are like “why are we talking about someone on the Nets?” yet here they are in the thread talking about that player...nobody summoned them to this thread

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That white boy is like Casper haunting this thread.

London'sBurning and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol this exercise proved right about you and people like you.
    no. The thread was about harden on the Nets. The point made was about perhaps his leadership as reported was an issue and he is better fit on a team like that. Has nothing to do with starting an argument or defending or wasting previous time arguing over his leadership demanding quotes when I said it’s all in the reporting. Would it helped if I said the word reported? Much to do about nothing. This exercise proved a lot about people who loves to be contrary and argue and discredit.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, it would help if u said Harden’s lack of leadership have been reported on, because saying that Russ and Rivers provided testimonials on Harden’s lack of leadership is a straight up lie

vlaurelio and jiggyfly like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

They look good now, Harden sacrificing points and getting triple doubles. but in the back of my mind I remember how good it was when CP3 first got to Houston and the moment he was telling Harden on the court "I never had any help" and things were looking great, and we somehow did a 180. I still to this day do not understand how we go from that to how it ended with them. Kyrie is a great player, but still a diva, this whole thing could fall apart at any moment.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden respects greatness...once CP3 fell off a cliff his 2nd year and also missed his customary 20+ games due to injury, all that barking and yelling from him was no longer tolerated

CP3 in his 2nd season was basically that dude in the group project who didn’t even show up half the time that is yelling at and complaining about the guy who did all the work

in BK, it’s different...it’s not Harden’s organization, it’s KD’s...Harden went to join KD and Kyrie, not the other way around like how CP3 came to join James

also, KD and Kyrie have rings while Harden doesn’t, so he’s in less of a position to be hard headed and think his way is best unlike with CP3 who had had less success than Harden

it’s a totally different dynamic in BK

12. PhiSlammaJamma

The concern is going to be the fact that Harden will be the decision maker in close playoff games since he's running the point, but we all know he's so confident he gets careless. So that has yet to be seen.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Spurs and blazers were both higher seeds so....

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good point but he has two guys he can pass it too and not have to be perfect.

He also will not have as much attention on him at the end of games with everybody trapping him.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they eliminated us on our home floor without Kawhi. saying they're a higher seed is being disingenuous.

Either way hope he does well and the nets suck because leaving us was the worst decision he coulda made. but a part of me acknowledges i would have a hard time playing for this owner too

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It doesn’t matter when the series ends or where. The point is going into the series the expectation was San Antonio would win. They were the higher seed. They’d won more games. They were considered to be more talented.
    After Harden was otherworldly in a couple earlier games it was thought Houston would win. My statement was accurate. The Rockets were considered to be the underdog by Vegas and by standings/ seedlings.
    I don’t believe Harden in Houston ever lost to a lower seeded team other than the 2018 Warriors, but the rockets damn sure were not the betting favorites in that series.

rockbox likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This is besides the point. But by the end of the season Harden will have probably played more games for the Nets than Durant

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s so obvious casual fans and many in the media didn’t really watch Harden play in Houston and got their talking points from ESPN who sets any narrative they wish for a player

I keep seeing comments like this online...

“I obviously saw the box scores and the some playoffs and the occasional Rockets national TV games but frankly I didn’t realize James was this good a basketball player. He works hard, doesn’t take plays off, goes after rebounds, active hands, in addition to his obviously ability to score at every level and his high IQ.”

and surprise, Nets fans love him already

“Harden is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite Net after Joe. His hustle, aggressiveness and playmaking ability is on another level. I think he is arguably the best passer in the league and great to have him play on our side. KD is our best player, Ky is a beast but Harden is our engine.”

“I love Joe, and I love Kyrie, but Harden honestly is becoming my very favorite. His ability, his basketball IQ, his relatability (especially compared to our other more mercurial stars), his PASSING. This is a guy that if put in the right situation could and should be the best/biggest star in the league. And this may in fact be that situation. KD is so efficient it’s crazy, Kyrie is the most beautiful player to watch (to me) since maybe Iverson, but there’s no question in my mind that Harden is the most important guy on the team.”

Sixers fans are so salty they didn’t get Harden, especially with Embiid playing at his current MVP level :D

Harden changed teams, went to a better market, and immediately went from hated and boring to watch to loved and fun to watch

vator, RedIsen, Rocket River and 2 others like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I get that

just don't get why ex gfs here are still salty talking about what happened 5 years ago

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t either...it is funny when they try and pretend that they don’t care about Harden yet keep visiting this thread and posting about him non-stop...the equivalent of the sad, lonely, bitter ex telling her friends she’s over it and doesn’t care, but still constantly stalking their ex’s social media

YOLO and vlaurelio like this.