1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Glad to see this thread is back to normal. Pls no more meme stock nonsense

RKREBORN, Sajan, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Added a call to my shares ytd. Based on their last 3 ERS, earnings should be in 2nd week of Feb, but i haven't seen a date fixed yet.

Cokebabies likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

this next one is for the year-end for SDGR, which could be later.

anyway, i have these plays on SDGR
    • shares and sold cover call on the 115 strike, 19 Feb
    • bullish 95/90 PUT credit spread, which will most probably expire worthless, and i get to keep all the premium collected in advance
    • bullish 95/105 CALL debit spread

saitou likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Looking for some green stocks to add to my brokerage acct.

Anyone here buying SunHydrogen?
    https://sunhydrogen.com/
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/hysr/
    I already own a few shares but ....I’m looking at buying 18-20 thousand more shares
    Short term low side, it could be a 3x stock
    Long term 10-15 yrs could be a 50x stock.

Either of the above results would make for a nice ‘stocking stuffer‘ in my portfolio.
    Some say long term it could be a 100x-200x life changer, but I wouldn’t go that far.

Also will be picking up some Ballard, Bloom and Plug Power

I also will be buying more Draftking, Jumai, Nio, Open and Tesla.

Lastly - want to put more money in Baron Fund (BPTRX) and BSMAX (ishares Russell) or should I wait for a possible mini-crash in the next few months?

Thanks for any comments/ideas

#14884 Tfor3, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    KingCheetah and saitou like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I almost bought some, but decided not to since I had a big chunk of GRWG and something like 5-10% of MJ is GRWG, but I didn't even notice the dividend. Crap. That's the kind of stock/ETF I like... goes up and throws out dividends along the way, too. lol. Most pot stocks are up because of the GW Pharma deal and Schumer's comments, and I would think there'd be more consolidation in the future.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only worry I have is that the ANT IPO is going to be neutered if it comes out, and I don't know how much of that is baked into the current price -- especially if it continues to rise.

whag00 likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. It's back at $3.68. I had another chance to buy and decided not to. :(

9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

IPOF spiked after hours and there was a 1.5MM block trade at the close. No news yet though.

Dream Sequence and saitou like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

GrubHub (NYSE:GRUB) reported quarterly losses of $(0.41) per share which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $0.05 by 920 percent.

lol...920%???

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That makes up for the earnings surprise last quarter. Everybody thought they'd post negative numbers but they blew out earnings.

Sajan likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Same! I thought about it but I got too excited from my quick profit... ****.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This is starting to remind me of the steroids in baseball scandal.

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What's your thinking behind hysr, and have you evaluated it vs htoo already? Htoo seems much further along and seems to be producing at lower cost. https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/82093ba2/files/uploaded/Fusion Fuel Investor Update.pdf

Edit: htoo market cap is half of hysr

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is going to be a bunch of "OMGSAYITAIN'TSO" grandstanding by government officials about crap everybody already knows exists and has existed. Tell me when it changes something and I'll become interested.

That being said, former FDIC chair Sheila Bair was getting interviewed on CNBC this morning and mentioned the issue with the archaic T+2 settlement process causing a lot of the problems with Robinhood (and others) and how blockchain (although she wanted to use the term "distributed ledger") could help fix it. She's been advocating for a distributed ledger-based digital currency for a while now. With Gensler heading up the SEC, hopefully they have the forethought and expertise to keep pushing some of this to reality.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jeebus, I remember when I was looking for alt energy plays over the summer, I saw HYSR but didn't want to bother with a literal penny stock. That was around July. It was around 2 cents back then. I should've bought the entire company for $10 back then. :D I ended up buying PLUG instead.

saitou and Tfor3 like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, the T+2 should be removed... I think it'd be a win for individuals and brokerages (especially the smaller ones).

Sajan likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Thx for the link.

I like the clean high tech production of their hydrogen.
    SunHydrogen is developing a breakthrough, low-cost technology to make renewable hydrogen using sunlight and any source of water, including seawater and wastewater. Unlike hydrocarbon fuels, such as oil, coal and natural gas, where carbon dioxide and other contaminants are released into the atmosphere when used, hydrogen fuel usage produces pure water as the only byproduct. By optimizing the science of water electrolysis at the nano-level, our low-cost nanoparticles mimic photosynthesis to efficiently use sunlight to separate hydrogen from water, ultimately producing environmentally friendly renewable hydrogen.

• 12-Month Trailing Total Return (%) 1,370

I will buy and hope for the best

saitou likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I am glad an 82 year old woman that has been in government longer than I have been alive is going to get to the bottom of this Gamestop scandal. She has a 4.5 million extensively renovated home and she didn't get it by buying GME and AMC like you vulgar WSB plebs. If you commit your life to working in govt you plebs can get rich too!

Sajan likes this.