1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Fair! Haha, we're basically on the same page just arguing semantics! :)

Go Texans! and f*** off Easterby

3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Valid points...fair enough.

There is also the possibility of further alienating Deshaun though, only because we don't know the extent of their efforts to save the relationship. For all we know with these idiots, they are treating him like a valuable asset instead of the face of their franchise.

But I like your points and agree there is no real rush.....yet.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Increased demand for his services, insiders say, could create a scenario in which a three-team trade allows the Raiders to acquire Watson.

For that to happen, the Raiders would have to receive two first-round picks for Carr, which they would then package with their own first-rounders in 2021 and 2022 to present a compelling offer of four first-round picks to the Texans for Watson, who has reportedly asked be traded.

To add Watson, the Raiders will need a number of factors to fall into place, although industry insiders believe a path could emerge.

It begins with the pursuit of Carr by multiple teams.

Among the clubs that could get involved are the Colts, Bears, Patriots and the Washington Football Club. Depending on what happens in New Orleans, the Saints could be potential suitors as well.

The Raiders, as part of their due diligence, figure to at least listen. As several industry insiders indicated, the market could be ripe for the Raiders to receive a compelling offer from the multiple teams expressing interest.

“It could get to two first-round picks,” one NFL insider said of the return the Raiders could receive for Carr. “He’s not Stafford, but he’s younger and he has a fair contract, so I could see two number ones.”

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I’m sure Easterby has a hard on for Carr since Derek is a strong Christian.

6. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

Deshaun is a Christian

Hey Now!, Rudyc281 and Nimo like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmfao, no one and I mean no one thinks Darnold is worth a first. Maybe a third, maybe.
    This is ****ing Schefter trying to up his value so that the Jets can take out a first in a package for Watson.

I’ll tell you what, trade him for a first and use that pick for Watson along with both of yours this year and Jets pick next year, a second round or two and Q.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Shark44 likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is he a Turbo Christian GT though?

Blake likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

that’s true.

conversely it seems at least like each potential above trade will further cement DWs value

like if Darnold can net a late first or even second lol, and if Carr can potentially net two firsts then you know what Daw is worth.

to your point there might not be a lot of teams left to leverage... but cmon, there will be.

there’s always the Jets.

Sooty and Shark44 like this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think a lot of cultish and borderline racist behavior gets lumped into characteristics of a Christian. And everyone who opposes or differs from them is looked at as anti-Christian. Same thing had been happening with the GOP in the US.

Fantasma Negro and Htown Legend like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree that more trades may provide additional clarity to the market, but DW's value is sort of unprecedented. Trading him now, is like potentially trading an all time great after they had established themselves--it's just not commonplace. As for the Jets, yeah they're the perfect partner given their draft capital and situation. Would love to get that cache of picks they have over the next two years and Williams to start the rebuild.

JayZ750 likes this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Not a devout one. Not Jack’s type

whag00 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Right, but he doesn’t want to be a Texan.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I disagree, I could see a team that misses out on a quarterback using a late #1 or a couple #2’s for Darnold.

Darnold is only 23 years old and has been in a terrible situation. A team like the Bears has cap issues but needs a QB. They don’t want to go with Foles and have zero confidence in Trubisky. Bringing in Darnold would give them some degree of hope.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe so, 1st rd pick is a lot to spend on hope.
    I would rather the draft pick than I would Darnold.

Shark44 and Nook like this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Am I telling you that?.... How did "8+ wins" morph into "better than the Titans and Colts"?

Now, having said that... they lost 4 games to those teams by a combined total of 22 points. All four games came down to the final possession: one in OT, two more on ridiculously fluky goal line turnovers. The gap is by no means insurmountable (the Colts don't even have a QB). But I never said the Texans would or could be better than the Titans or Colts.

... did.... did you read my post?.... What players? At no point did I specifically mention getting players, only that whatever resources they have available can be focused on the defense because the offense is more settled.

Here's what I *did* say: Better coaching should make a tremendous difference. Better luck should make a tremendous difference. An easier schedule should make a tremendous difference. Those three very tangible, very realistic outcomes (+ hopefully a better, more competent front office) do not require them adding a single player.

You asked for a path forward for the Texans getting better in 2021. It would be a mistake to extrapolate 2020 - a bizarre year by any standard made infinitely more bizarre by the Texans' off-field shenanigans - and assume that it is the path going forward. They won 10 games in '18; 11 games in '19. They - per your scenario - will have a top 3 QB (the best in their division). I don't believe their situation is DIRE - if they can keep Watson.

JayGoogle, Nimo and Nook like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I think you are right for most teams. However there are a group of teams out there that are really desperate for a QB.

Chicago and Washington are two teams that immediately come to mind as desperate. New England and Indianapolis and Denver also have clear needs.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Chicago and WFT's picks are also, I assume, later in the round so not as valuable as, say, Denver's or Carolina's. In that scenario, I think Darnold might be worth the flier. But a top >20.... is about where the value starts to tip into no way, I'd think...

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.