1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 26th, Will Dipo Still be here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpportunityCost, Feb 2, 2021.

?

March 26th, Will Dipo Still Be Here?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    39.8%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

No state taxes, maybe he willl take a min pay upscale for discount. He probably will keep this in mind.

2. sydmill

sydmill Member

No state taxes in Florida either though.

D-rock, Bo6 and HP3 like this.
  3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I think if both sides are clear on the fact that Oladipo will not be a Rocket next year, he'll be shopped pretty hard at the deadline. If there's some mutual interest, I think they'll let the season play out.

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Teams don’t just trade players for the hell of it! They trade players for picks hoping to land players Ike wood caliber! Trading wood this early on with untaped potential is ready dumb don’t you think ?

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i think so... he plays 1st team all defense level and that has to count imo.

No Worries likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think there are very few players worth the max. Players get the max bc teams pay extra to pry them away from better locations. Like chris Paul was not worth his latest contract, it hamstrings your ability to build a contending team when you’re using so much cap space on a guy that doesn’t put him Max contract numbers.

you gotta trade him or let him walk if it’s max or nothing.

Corrosion, D-rock and saleem like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wish we could flip him for Lavine

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not opposite you know the concept of rounding right? When something is extremely improbably you can conclude even if you don't know for sure. Cuz we aren't omnipotent we don't know for sure but the chances of it happening is so small it might as well be nil.

Thats why my statement to you is wanna bet 10k USD? Look by your logic we don't know what will happen so maybe I can be wrong and you will make 10k USD.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe - it depends upon how the team plays, what their record is at that time and whether management thinks they can go for it.

DD

Newlin likes this.
  10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The only way I see Oladipo still in a Rockets uniform post-deadline is if he accepts the max allowed extension that the Rockets can offer, which is 2 years, $45MM. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for the Rockets to let him walk without anything in return, and I cannot see them paying $27MM+ a year for Oladipo either.

My prediction is he turns down the extension, they trade him to Miami for Precious, a really nice future draft asset, and Olynyk/Nunn as salary filler.

furyn, clos4life, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Why is this the max extension we can offer? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen this anywhere.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Give him a poison pill contract then trade him to morey in 2 years before his team option lol.

On serious note: Hope he might like it here and take a legit discount at 4 years so they can afford to lock up woods and maybe bring in another star. Just saying.

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It's the max raise they can offer him from his current contract before he hits free agency. It's a cap rule thing. If they wait until the Summer, they can offer whatever they want given they have full bird rights.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Aw, okay. Got it. That makes sense.

15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This is ridiculous. First, the first rounders aren't "likely late" going past the next couple of years. Also Harden pushed his way out of town. Wood seems really happy.

No I'm not making any of those trades or even considering making them. Of course Wood isn't 100% untouchable. But there's no remotely feasible trade that will be there at the deadline that I see Stone considering.

We've got a potential superstar who is close to hitting that level on a super reasonable contract and OKC owns our draft for three years starting three years from now. We can't go full Process. We need to try to build around Wood. Or at least know that we can't before trading him.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Wood is not going to be traded. That's silly.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It would suck if Dipo is no longer the two-headed monster of Dipo and Wall. I'm a fan so get this contract done for reasonable terms.

BamBam and GotGame15 like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally don't see Wood traded unless it lands a superstar, or a guaranteed top 3 pick.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Depends what we get. How can I say a hypothetical trade is a bad deal, if I don't know the other half?

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

For like the 8th time, I've said it is unlikely. I'm allowed to feel that trading Wood is unlikely while maintaining that he is not "untouchable". The Rockets could very well be buyers this deadline, in which Wood would be close to untouchable. Since it is unlikely, I would need odds. Since you can deduce facts based on probability, why don't you give me 10,000 to 1 odds. Then you have a bet. If you don't want to give those odds, then we can both agree he's not untouchable.