1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. T-Mike

T-Mike Member

Hardens biggest issue becomes so obvious now. His style of play, dominating the ball, dribbling as much as possible and simply not involving teammates gave no one a rythem. He also practically did no exist off the ball.
    With Harden out suddenly everyone moves, runs and touches the ball. Therefore has a better feeling, getting more confidence and - surprise surprise- starts hitting shots.
    While Harden was a great one man show he also held teammates back (sometimes gave them good looks but they just never really touched the ball besides a couple of spotup shots) by not involving them offensively (eg standing around the 3p line and watching him do his thing ).

burlesk, IvanLCPM and napalm06 like this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It's not the "Harden doesn't have any help crowd/HardenOnlyFans" fault that they feel the way that they do. Most of them are ignorant posters with very low basketball IQ and mostly all of them only watch Rockets basketball. They've been conditioned to have the sentiments that they do about defending James Harden and Mike D'Antoni. I won't make fun of them but I do pity them...it's is what it is though

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you talking about he is averaging about 19ppg with 6 assist.

4. macan

macan Member

if we win the ring this season, that'll be the biggest FU to Harden

Rocket River likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is a FA and they have Allen.

I still don't know if the buy him out.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I knew all along during preseason that this team had quality depth and that Wood was a monster. I was hoping that Harden would show up realize that he has a shot here and gradually work himself back to MVP Harden and being a good teammate. Unfortunately he sabotaged the team from the start and made it impossible for us to be successful.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Shrug.
    Let's call it maximum effort Harden.
    Definitely
    But
    We would still owe him for forcing the trade.

Lol

Rocket River

macan and B-Bob like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Right, I would not have said this if I had not of read this.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2021/1/27...d-second-reporter-suggests-buyout-and-link-up

But you are right who knows, I still would like to wait and see what they look like after the deadline.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Awesome!

Another 'unity' thread bringing ROX Nation together!

Thank goodness we are not petty and constantly having dick measuring contests around here!

burlesk and HP3 like this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Off the top of my head? 18-19' season when CP3 was still slow from the hammy injury and then needed to sit out for an estimated 6 weeks that I believe stretched out to 8 or 9. The Rockets had an 11-14 record at the time and all media pundits said the Rockets should tank from that point forward which was around mid December. They then went on to win 10 or 11 straight with at the time exciting G-League signing of Danuel House and Capela playing like a beast. Then Capela broke one of his fingers, I believe it was his thumb on a power dunk attempt. He had to sit out for weeks on end. I believe EG was also dealing with injuries and was in and out of the roster at the time. And then Tillman didn't want to resign House after his second 10 day extension to avoid the luxury tax and only signed him after the trade deadline.

So with CP3 out, Capela out, EG injured off and on throughout the season, and a cheapskate owner that wouldn't even sign House until after the trade deadline, Harden carried the Rockets from mid-December through March with a G-League roster and made the Rockets viable again.

This was when Harden was embarrassing Lebron with 60 point performances at the time when the Lakers were comfortably in the playoffs before falling out completely. This was when Harden made that game winner against GSW and still dealing injuries like his shoulder and I believe getting clocked by Green or Looney at some point.

This was around when Harden turned from being more of a complete team player to becoming a one man show playing hero ball. And the truth is we had no choice at the time. It just became a habit to depend on him so much following that.

I'm glad he's gone FWIW. If he doesn't want to be here and couldn't buy into the team, that's on him and truly his loss to boot. I think if he had stayed and bought in, the Rockets would be more of a contender than the Nets he was traded to. Hopefully the Rockets continue to surprise and elevate to an elite team and the Nets lose increasing the value of those draft picks.

peleincubus and jordnnnn like this.
  11. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

I don't think you know what a simp is lol

Stop using the word if you don't know what it means

Air Canada and jordnnnn like this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I like how one of the top definitions of simp on urban dictionary is : a word that everyone overuses w/out the correct definition

Air Canada, Puppet Master and HP3 like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We are not. Slide Mason Jones in, we still win these games.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know exactly what it means, and it's being used accurately to describe the excessive ass kissing being done as a result of a one way parasocial relationship.

You see it all the time and it's the same basic situation be it a Twitch thot, a p*rn star on Twitter, an Instagram model, or when its a football or basketball star. The verbal fellating is pathetic no matter the situation because despite the misplaced love and affection the simp might have, the object of their desire doesn't give a damn about them. The simp will never gain anyone's respect that way.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There it is again!

LMAO!!!!!!

HP3 likes this.
  16. MadRox

MadRox Member

I looked up our schedule, we play the Nets on March 3rd. If we win out in between, we will sit EXACTLY at 22 games win streak. Wouldn't it be something to break franchise record by beating Harden and the Nets? Muhahaha

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When accurate, it's used. Turns out we have quite an infestation.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean it's about as reliable as some of the dudes on here but a lot of guys on the Reddit board who have "insider" knowledge are saying it's Cleveland just doing right by Dre because he desperately wants to win a ring. He would agree to a huge discounted buyout.

HP3 likes this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Harden can play D when he wants to.

Did you miss how he took plays off his entire tenure here?

BamBam likes this.
  20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The Lakers are simply ancient. The Rockets are the sixth oldest in the NBA.