1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

March 26th, Will Dipo Still be here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpportunityCost, Feb 2, 2021.

?

March 26th, Will Dipo Still Be Here?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    39.8%
  1. OpportunityCost

Will he still be here? Or not? Will we sign him? Is it worth it to? Do you think mgmt. have let Cousins and Wall know he may be gone? Who could replace his output? KPJ?

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Good question , I don't have a clue.

I would NOT give him max money. He's just not worth 4/160 , let someone else make that mistake.

I wouldn't mind them resigning him at 3/70 , that's a contract you can move if need be.

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Unless we are a top 4 seed, or riding a significant winning streak, I think he's gone and I do think Miami is hands down the favorite destination. We also have to factor in how much trading Oladipo hurts our pick next year. If the draft were today we would keep our pick, If a deadline trade makes us worse and the Heat better, then the Rockets could really take a hit in the draft position. I think Miami has to pay a higher price than anyone because of the draft arrangement with OKC and us.
    _
    But really, we could be having the same thread for every player. As much as it hurts to say, Wood could be gone at the deadline as well. It would look bad because we signed him, but I doubt he would not want want to go to a contender. I think Wood is already thrilled with his 42 million, probably more grateful than the usual lottery pick who wants 50 million and to be on a stacked team like someone else we know.

Then again, if we keep playing elite defense and knocking down 20 threes a night, we could be buyers. Way to many floating variables for anyone to know. All we can do is keep winning and see what happens.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes, he is the blek panther we need.

Hakeemtheking and TWS1986 like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He isnt eligible for 4/160 most he can make is 32M a year

RudyTBag and pippendagimp like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lulz I bet you 10k USD Wood isnt moved at the deadline unless a superstar comes back in the trade. Thats just dumb and wont happen unless we get Giannis back or something.

He is the no 1 untouchable on this team and for good reason too.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Wood isn't going anywhere, and Diplo downplayed the Miami rumors. Not to mention Miami hasn't been great lately.

#7 Houston77, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  8. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Would you mind providing a link where Oladipo dismissed the Miami rumors? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

D-rock likes this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

"Dismissed" was too strong a word. I changed it to "downplayed." I can't find his comments on the point at the moment, but I will look more tomorrow.

roslolian and Scola Scoops like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe yes, maybe no.

11. VoR

VoR Member

With Porter and Martin moved to the g league, it seems obvious that they are getting them up to speed on a fast track because Tucker, Dipo, Mclemore and Gordon are all gone when the right package rolls around.

Dacamel likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If someone like Michael Porter Jr becomes available...

Or John Collins...

Etc...

jakedasnake likes this.
  13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I realize it is unlikely, but you never know. I didn't think 6 months ago we would trade Harden for likely late 1st rounders and fringe All-Star coming off a major injury, but it happens. Rockets likely will take a lot of calls for him bc he is affordable. I know the Warriors could make several offers that I would jump all over.

Would you accept Oubre and Minnesota's pick? What about Wiseman and Oubre? Tucker and Wood for Draymond and Minnesota's pick. Tons of combinations, and I'm not predicting this, but it does make me think. It's not impossible, and ultimately, if we don't have a three year plan to win it all, what value are we getting out of Wood?

Things change fast in this league. Did you imagine 3 months ago that an undrafted player averaging 13 and 6 being untouchable would be worth 10k to you?

#13 withmustard, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    luckyman76 and HP3 like this.
  14. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Cheers! Just curious to see what he said because he seems like a pretty chill and lowkey guy

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's still more than I'd be willing to pay .... Don't want to be stuck with a contract that doesn't move the needle and you can't get away from.

GotGame15 and MC31B like this.
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think we should give him a 3 year max with a player option the 3rd. He’ll probably take it since he’ll be eligible for his 30yr max

that also has Wall/Dipo contracts expiring around the same time and also the start of Woods prime for cap space in free agency

roslolian likes this.
  17. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

dipo can stay for 5/120 mio$

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hope he is, but he is not a Tier 1 NBA star.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. ktex

ktex Member

There is literally ZERO chance Wood is traded. ZERO.

Corrosion, D-rock, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.
  20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Yes Yes, I forgot. The guy who was averaging 13 and 6 two months ago is untouchable several weeks after the team traded a guy who averaged 36 over the last two seasons and puts up 60 point triple doubles. My mistake.

Please don't take the roslolian approach and try to bet me either, it's not a prediction. My previous post simply said everybody is on the table, even Wood. Why is that such a strange concept, especially weeks after trading a guy like Harden?

MC31B likes this.