1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] WHAT’S THE MOVE?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Feb 1, 2021.

?

What’s the move for this season?

1. Roll the dice. Keep Tucker/Dipo past the deadline for playoffs. Allow one or both to expire in FA

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Stay in asset accumulation mode. We’ll regret not flipping Tucker, Gordon, Oladipo, etc. for assets

50 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Go all in. Trade young pieces/picks for a Zach LaVine caliber player to maximize this opportunity

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Keep it simple. Trade Tucker and/or House for picks and a taller PF.

52 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Don’t think Phoenix would do it, but Utah might. Don’t know how much Ingles is contributing to their success. If not much I think it is an equitable trade.

jjc1 likes this.
  2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

There should be an option for "Ask me about this in March."

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

The next 3-4 seasons will tell us a lot about this team.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Simple trade the people you have replacements for. Best of both worlds. So tucker n house u trade. Tate=tucker, kpj=house.

That means you are still on ur winning track, attracting a star to come here....Ala nets n clippers. Who still having good pieces said star can team up with vic wood wall

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The move is to wait and see how we are doing closer to the deadline. Playoff seed above 7 and we roll the dice maybe with this roster and risk losing Dipo if necessary. Maybe look for small trade to upgrade. If we are 7 or below we consider either unloading top players for assets.

Our best trade assets other than picks is dipo and Tucker, for whom I believe many contenders would give a 1st. I can see scenarios where you trade Tucker and get whatever you can, he’s instrumental (despite box scores) to our success, the glue of all glue guys, but for a real that needs upgrades for a legit shot at beating the lakers of the league, he may be our only option to trade without losing too much talent.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we don't play any real contenders for the next 20 years

Mr Woods and topfive like this.
  7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

PJ and B Mac have more value to a contending team than you think. There would be some massaging of the deal (maybe a pick going to Phi. Along with PJ and Ben) but I think the basic framework is doable for all sides.

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Maybe. It’s according to how much Phil like thybuille.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we were around 4-6 at the time

10. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

11. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Iam amazed he didn't go to the Nets, they wanted (and obviously needed) him. Credit to Stone for not giving him up at the time. Iam not sure what assets they have left but you have to wonder if he could still be dealt there.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think we accumulate assets, trade anything we get even Christian Wood for more assets; become a garbage team to watch for the next 20 years and undesirable for any free agents to want to come here; the assets we do acquire leave the team because we can't win; then sneak attack the NBA with a 4th seeded 2nd round exit playoff team after the 20 years has gone by; then blow it up and start over.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the answer boils down to who you plan to keep for next year and beyond.

If PJ and VO aren't going to be here next year , I think you move them and get some value out of their contracts at the deadline.

I really don't see VO as a lead dog on a contender .... he might be your #2 guy. If he's wanting a max deal , I'm not giving it to him. Let someone else make that $40m mistake. If he'd sign for 22ish .... I might be inclined to do 3/70 , that's a deal I can get out from under in a year or two if a better option comes along but 3/120 or 4/160 I'm not interested. Take what asset you can extract at the deadline and move on.

EG is probably still a negative asset , I'm not pinning 1st round picks to his jersey to get him gone. He & Wall aren't bad guys to have around all these young guys for a year or two.

HP3 and pippendagimp like this.