1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I doubt anyone is interested in giving Dipo max money, certainly not the Rockets. We're cheap, remember? He's not an elite player and injuries have slowed him down, but he's still a very good defender and effective enough on offense. While EGo is more capable at creating his own offense, Victor is a much better passer and rebounder. I think Victor is just as physical at man defense and can also play passing lanes, unlike EGo. Thinking that Victor has no advantages over EGo at all is a bit crazy to me and I like EGo a lot.

If Dipo has trade value at the deadline I think he'll be moved. If not, I think we'll take our chances on re-signing him on a better deal in the offseason or trying to get something out of a SNT. The team really does seem to like him a lot.

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas really wanted Dipo. There are sources, that Silas asked for Dipo during the Harden trade and have already said he is perfect in our system. I think the rockets want to keep him and will ask him in March does he want to stay and to sign a contract OR they will ship him to Miami or Washington or Chicago for a star player(Herro, Beal or Lavine) we are not trading him for penny on the dollar....

UTSA2step, roslolian and D-rock like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Link?

Mr.Pringles and harold bingo like this.
  4. bongman

bongman Member

Too soon?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets interest in maxing Dipo appear real.

If Windshart is to be believed.

roslolian likes this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

It does appear both Dipo and the FO are open to this being a long term thing.

roslolian, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Luka, like Russ, is a stat padder.

His stats aren't as good as Hardens but most importantly his stats do not add up to wins.

Every team that Harden has had has been to playoffs.

Moreso, those teams go deep in the playoffs if not outright championship contenders.

Luka is a fake.

chadyang likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

His sources are per "Trust me".

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Bradda!

IMO, Precious isn't a starter on a championship team. Energy 5 man off the bench, at best. Broken jumper. Kenneth Faried averages 17 and 12 off the bench for his career per36. Similar sort of players. In today's NBA, small ball 5. We need to get a better return for a player of Oladipo's ability. His bird rights have value.

If the Harden trade ends up being Harden for Precious and the Brooklyn picks, you have failed.

Rafael Stone better have something superior lined up for Vic, whether it is the 2 year extension to get him to his 10 year max, or a deal to a contender for someone with some legitimate upside. Hell, I'd rather have more future picks than Precious.

#409 RudyTBag, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Sooty likes this.
  10. sydmill

sydmill Member

I
    I would have looked for greater value in actual players in the harden deal myself (Simmons or Siakam or a 3 way netting MPJ or even just keep Allen and LaVert). But that's not the path that was chosen. As for Achiuwa, I think Faried (or I've heard Montrezl as a comp too) is his floor. While I don't think he'll ever be Steve Novak, if he develops even average range on his jumper he'd be a definite plus starter. But if he never did I'm happy getting a cheap double double player that fits next to Wood. Of course if Stone has a better deal lined up then by all means....

D-rock likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where in that are you getting the Rockets are interested in maxing Dipo?

saleem likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Luka seems more efficient than Russ, if they are both Stat padders. At 21, I think there is a ton of upside for Luka. I hope he continues to lose as I would like to see him succeed wearing any other uniform.

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think Dipo and the front office are working closely together on the best deal for both sides. Last thing the rockets need is him letting it known he wants out. If Dipo wants his money and team of choice he’ll have to play ball

Nobody gonna trade for a disgruntled injured above average player, but they will want those bird rights

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way we play Silas's 5 out with Precious and Wood starting. Silas has set up this offense based on the fact that Wood is a stretch 5. NOT a PF. See Kristaps...

Precious single-handedly destroys our advantages on offense as a forward. To keep our advantages we need passable shooters at the 3/4...

#414 RudyTBag, Feb 1, 2021
  15. BreakYoSelfFool

It is Strawman because nobody is trying to pay VO max money. Also, him being worth max money has nothing to do with whether he can help improve the team in the long run. Also, no players available to the Rockets in a trade for Harden was worth max money. While it is rumored VO turned down 25 mil, we don't know if it is true or why. His max is 32 so maybe he thought he could play into a better deal and maybe he just didn't want to stay in Indy, but that is not a guarantee he will make max money, especially if he doesn't play well. Rockets could potentially trade him for a bargain or resign him and it may not even take the max. Oladipo is definitely worth his current salary and any thing under 25 mil for a player with his skills is a good deal.

roslolian likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Still would rather not pay Dipo. He's 28 (will be 29 in the off season) and he's going to want to get paid while in his prime.

#416 dmoneybangbang, Feb 1, 2021
  17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I hope it happens. Wall, Oladipo, Wood & Tate would be a nice group too add too.

Ben Frank likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not a strawman because that's what Oladipo wants and he is a FA, he would also like to play elsewhere so the Rockets will most likely have to offer him the Max, it's the reason Indy traded him because he wants the Max.

Its funny that everybody wants to run Gordon out of town but Oladipo is worth 25 million per.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dipo is indeed worth 25 per. The real max is 40M, can totally argue Dipo is equivalent to half a max player.

I was all for trading Dipo at the deadline and getting a FRP for him but the way the team is jelling might be a better idea to keep him instead. The synergy with Dipo is off the charts if we can sustain this performance till deadline it would be dumb to break it up IMO. Worst case even at 30M Dipo is gonna be worth something, he aint an albatross contract unless he starts breaking down or something.

People forget but the Rox even under Harden didnt have optimal contract situation, they overpaid fir Ryan Anderson, then Cp3 and WB. If Dipo is making this team go then he should be retained, we need a 2 way leader anyway since Wall def wont be resigned at the max.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dudes a hard worker. Harden would be at the strip club (jk).