1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the consistency of Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jan 30, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

There you go again, hating on christian wood. Why you even in a rockets fan if all you do is hate? Put down the haterade champ!

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is a thread where I said the same thing about Oladipo and they came for me.

durvasa and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

EXPERTS! SCHMEXPERTS!
    [​IMG]

4. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Another thing I would like to see is wood being consistent in getting stats across the board. Then you start rising to superstar level. Is it me? It seems that cousin when given the minutes seems to get this more easier than wood.

5. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

You sure about that. Giannis don't ring a bell. When giannis guard wood, wood can't dribble pass him. I seen him embarrassed wood.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's ok, he's learning. He will get there.

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

O
    No it isn’t.

Christian Wood had great DFGA stats while the Rockefs were getting trashed.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Some prettty sweet Wood highlights last game:

fckbandwagons likes this.
  9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I can't remember if it was Webber, Reggie or someone else entirely. But they referred to some of the plays he was making as "world class," and I can't say I disagree. The guy hasn't been doing it long enough yet to start declaring him a top 5 <insert something>. However, some of these plays he's been making, I truly don't think I can think of five NBA players that could pull them off. Plus, it's not like it's one move, it's an array of moves. He's a very well-rounded player.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You mean he isn't already there?

Jontro likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If I had to nitpick, his free throw rate and assist rate is very low for a big man with his talent. That would be the next step for him going from fringe all-star to legit A-list star.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Don't see the hate here. We need more height and Allen is young, on a 3 year deal, and on the cheap. We should have kept him. Wood would make a great pf, he is also fine as center.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I haven't noticed him missing wide open passes the way EG does. He seems to make the right plays.

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The assist rate doesn't really bother me. A lot of big men don't get a whole lot of assists, I mean, he's not Jokic and we don't expect him to be. Most big men aren't really great passers and get assists from when they get doubled, because nobody can guard them. If they start doubling Wood he will probably get a couple more assists per game, which is fine. If they don't bring doubles and he keeps scoring while making 80% of his shots I'm fine with that too.

Totally agree on the free throws though. I think that's the key to really unlocking his superstar potential. Every high scoring big man gets a ton of free throws. If he could get fouled like Embiid and Giannis do he'd be a 27-30ppg scorer.