1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Jack Easterby is basically Ray Lewis with 0% of the talent.

stevel likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

this is so disheartening

5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Knowing the Texans.. they gone wait to the situation gets way worst then what is it, trading Watson ect before the fire him (Easter bunny), and it's gone be because the fans will be turned off. Once them pockets get hit all of a sudden Cal gone want to make changes, but as long as we keep supporting this incompetent owner, we gone we be stuck watching the same bs product

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Jack's skill is knowing people and investing in people".

Oh so a grifting snake with no actual discernible skills.

7. conquistador#11

What if they all demand to be traded. The Commish will have to raise an eyebrow and say what the F' are those sons of beeches in the front office doing? Good for Deshaun and others that want to get away from this sh**show but what about the future stars. Even a holy man like Jesus or Deshaun can only take so much.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm surprised its even gotten this far. 2 hit-piece SI articles, continued embarrassing tweets, etc....

In the past they've had less on some players/coaches that were effectively dealt with in part due to the leagues involvement.

Still waiting for that one definitive whistle-blower to expose the whole charade. Or... if its somebody from another team... why would they potentially help the Texans cut the cancer out of the body? Let it fester/grow and continue to do damage.

#548 Nick, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its interesting to me as this soap opera of managerial ineptitude unfolds that there is a contingent of fans who want Watson to "honor his contract" , but today on the radio Seth Payne made a good point.

Why do players have to honor an agreement that teams rarely do? When a team cuts a guy early because its in the best interest of the team its "just business" , but when a player tries to do something similar it becomes a question of integrity?

With all the gossip and rumors of Easterby calling peoples moms, following people around and creating a toxic workplace its mind boggling to side with the team on this situation.

Not saying to abandon the team, but its okay to remind them that they are wrong.

Reeko likes this.
  10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to step up and protect the proverbial shield. Who will be this generation's Rooney or Mara? Unfortunately, I think, like you said, today's NFL owner is more likely to let it fester for their own self-serving needs.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

He signed a contract 4 months ago dude. 4 months ago, Deandre Hopkins was already traded. 4 months ago Jack Easterby was already whispering in to Cal's ear like Wormtounge to Theoden.

Actions have consequences. He wanted financial security. He got it.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And? So HIS business decision doesn't meet YOUR expectations - whoopty doo.

Marriages get annulled. People divorce quickly sometimes.

Your ideas of "right and wrong" aren't some sort of core value for everybody. Sorry.

13. fchowd0311

And when did I say otherwise? Me merely expressing my opinion doesn't somewhow imply that I believe others shouldn't. Of course I know my opinion is my opinion. Why even state that? What language did I say implying otherwise?

What language do you include to make sure everyone knows what you type is your opinion or do you just make the assumption that people already knows that?

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So you imply that 4 months ago the issues are exactly the same as today? Watson should just deal with it?

Shut up and throw the ball?

Deductive reasoning is pretty easy when you include loaded comments and words for others to infer.

You have some expectations of Watson that are not realistic and based on what you seem to believe - are those not considered core values to you? How about business values? Does that resonate louder with you?

Either way the team is at fault every step of the way and guys trying to lay this at the feet of Watson are in denial.

15. fchowd0311

He literally signed a contract four months ago. Nothing in terms of culture changed. Everyone already knew this.

He wanted to maximize his financial earnings over principles and now wants both. You can't have both. If he truly was principled and truly was against this culture, he would not have signed a MASSIVE extention 4 months ago.

Nothing has changed since 4 months ago besides Watson not chosing the GM. Now a qb sitting out and demanding a trade because he didn't chose the GM is pure entitlement. So I'm not sure making a defense for Watson that he is not honoring a contract he signed 4 months ago because the "situation has changed" paints Watson in a good light because that "situation that changed" is something that no qb in NFL history would demand a trade for and that's not being able to chose the GM of the team. Tom Brady doesn't even have that level of pull.

#555 fchowd0311, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Until it becomes a true embarrassment for the league.

at this time, it’s just an embarrassment for Houston... which really sucks.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How do you know "nothing in terms of culture" changed? LOL such a funny blanket statement.

Entitlement? Geez you're really digging a deeper hole.

Just keep your head in the sand bro - only way for you to keep believing what you want - the reality of the situation is not hard for anybody who wants to do some research for themselves to conclude and how badly the managers for this team have botched the environment.

I'll choose to believe the 20? 30? Pro scouts, analysts and coaches who have chimed in on this disaster with anecdotes and 'behind the scenes' viewpoints vs a grumpy fan who is riding with the team at all costs.

"Tom Brady doesnt even have that level of pull" LMAO ----- sure believe that one too.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I’m not sure we can say “nothing” has changed.

I’m pretty certain that BOB oversaw everything... and once he was fired, Jack likely took on an increased day to day role that ultimately irked a lot of players.

Did anybody else notice that Jack would be helping guys with pregame warmups/stretching and he was on the sidelines for all games? Obviously he was likely in the lockeroom a lot as well... thus this constant exposure is probably how a lot of players eventually got “turned off” by his antics.

I fully buy into the theory that the lockeroom wanted Deshaun to voice their concerns to Cal... and I fully buy into the notion that Cal may have said the “right things” to calm him down, but then did the exact opposite of that with how the GM hiring ended up going down.

TWS1986 and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

You literally said nothing here.

20. fchowd0311

That certainty is a possibility. It's just things couldn't have changed that signficantly where he felt comfortable not violating his principles by signing a massive extension with us.