1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 1/31/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Jan 31, 2021.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Nash to his young players: " you can't play because you don't know defensive rotations"....

Young player: " Coach you a damn lie. You just don't like me "..

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Why the hell wouldn't they just foul Beal and give him 2 free throws? Why let him bring up all the way and let him shoot the 3pt shot?

Also, the Nets have no paint defense at all. They must have scored 80 points in the paint. Nash lost that due to not putting Jordan back in the game. Jordan may not be good, but he would have stopped some of those layups in the paint.

They would have not have lost this with Harden. He would have slowed the game down and controlled it. The thing you want to do is slow down Westbrook's momentum. The Nets were just trading baskets quickly.

Anyway, the Nets are not winning the championship with that team. They have no paint defense at all.

3. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Russ has one good game in YEARS and mfkers already asking us to apologize. :rolleyes:

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Perfect team to play against. If he plays against a team with actual paint defense, he can be stopped easily. All you have to do is let him shoot wide open shots. He's not going to make that many.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Russ said he is healthy now.

we'll see.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This game was Westbrook's championship. I'm happy for him.

hakeem94, Mr Woods and DreamShook like this.
  7. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Wizards only has 4 wins this season, two of which are against the Nets. Both games are won by game winners, lolll.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I know a lot of us arent fond of Russ, but I honestly like him. It wasnt his fault that we traded as much as we did for him, and I think Harden forced the FO's hand on that more than Tillman did. I also felt like he was one of the only players last year willing to get in Hardens face, who in a lot of regular season games played excellent even if he and the rest of the team played really poorly against the Lakers.

Glad to see him playing starting to play well and getting healthy and coming up with a huge performance against the Nets.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. MettaWorldPete

I usually try not to make armchair psychologist type posts, but the Nets just haven't looked hungry to me at all this year.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They for sure got up for the Bucks game and a little for OKC. It's not even about last of defensive talent at this point. Dudes flat out are not even trying. They beat the Clips all these losses are due to effort against awful teams like this b

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

When Wiz pulls one out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nets going to have to find some defense, I mean wow.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They need to find some pride. These losses are about effort. They don't appear to be really intent on winning a ring like they all say. Nash is clueless too.

Rocket River and DreamShook like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

Russell Westbrook
    Collin Sexton

Point guards going off on the Nets. *looks at Kyrie Irving*

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. It's been a boring watch too. Nets are in no hurry to prove doubters wrong like the Heat, or fueled by pure smuggness like GSW. They have coasted. you can tell they dont care.

I dont even know where they are going to get that fire. Kyrie, Harden and KD dont have the eye searing will to **** someone over.

There is also no one on the bench that has that in them either.

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not a coincidence. No paint protection.

Westbrook struggles against teams with actual good paint defense. He was just having his way in those last 5 minutes. As we've seen, small ball does not work. Yeah, it's great on the offense.... but you don't get any stops at all.

MettaWorldPete and James.B.H like this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Maybe they think the east is already theirs? That they can coast until the playoffs then flip the switch. I dunno.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nets tried really hard to give the game to the Wiz. Russ wining the game with a 3 was poetic. A true Rockets legend. :D

DreamShook and jim1961 like this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean they can for sure coast to a top 4 seed but wouldn't you want to be ready and rolling and winning come playoff time? Again that's a long ways away so maybe they will decide to put in some effort against weak teams the 2nd half of the season but that's a slippery slope.

MettaWorldPete and jim1961 like this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Very slippery.