1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, I love this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh okay. Cool. This post is full of all the things you were upset with Morey for. Most of them have zero to do with developing young players. Now it makes sense. Won't engage further.

HP3 likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That's fair but development was part of my list. Now go back to no engagement just like your boy Harty. Well actually he engaging that bench real hard lately. He developing his engagement skills.

3. ipaman

But we didn't win, rip cp3 hammy. We didn't even make the finals. Other teams are also win now but do both! It can be done but Morey never did it. Those are facts, don't get so emotional about it. TOR, MIA, just recently did both for example.

bj3175 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

TOR and Miami were one hit wonders though. They arent that set up for the future. Miami and Tor are both lucky that Jimmy and Kawhi went there respectively.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

rhee and HP3 like this.
  6. ipaman

Would not have "won" without youth stepping up to help though. Hell we would not have won without Sam or Robert either! Better to have both imo!

7. HP3

HP3 Member

More often than not contenders arent built like that though. Especially not in today's NBA.

ipaman likes this.
  8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sure, I'm not saying that era was not done. It was over. Harden probably could have gotten us to the same level as previous years if he was invested. But it was over and done with, and the org did what it had to do. As mentioned, this stage sucks the most and I can't wait till we can transition to the rebuilding stage.

HP3 likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Give it time @HP3 . This is his first season with the team and is trying to rebuild. The draft pick assets are amazing. I am glad he didn't do something dumb and just take Simmons and Max. If that happened then I can understand your rage. He's collecting assets and putting pieces together. Playing the game of buying Low and Selling High. The fact that he got a serviceable and tradable Wall and a Draft pick for Westbrook is amazing! 4 picks and Oladipo for Harden is great too. What he does with assets acquired is how we're going to judge Stone. If he gets the Rockets a couple studs they can build around, then he's done well. Remember when Morey traded away Tmac we were loading up on assets as well. 9th seed purgatory until the assets got us James Harden.

HP3 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

did you predict miami getting to the finals last year?

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, you of all people I would hope will join the Free Mason!! movement. Do the Right Thing.

Williamson likes this.
  12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

When everything went down with Harden, I remember thinking, "Please, if you're going to trade him, then change the team dynamic to a more defensive-oriented squad." Looks like they answered my wishes. This squad is fun to watch, and I certainly don't miss the near automatic basket after every Rockets' score.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I still am very frustrated with some rebounding effort. Easy rebounds let go out. And bad shot selection mostly by Wall and Oladipo. Dipo dribbles too long and doesn’t create for others in most those instances nor does he create himself a good look at a high rate. He’s better when he makes quick decisions — drives, makes a move, or passes.

but very pleased do see a focus on defense too. We have the offensive power to be good. We just get lazy sometimes.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

so are we going to make the finals? Are you in denial or something? This is not the team we’re moving forward with

HP3 likes this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  17. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

More like 5 in a row.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

ThIs Is NoT tHe TeAm We'Re MoViNg FoRwArD wItH.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and mostly blowouts

legacygt777 likes this.
  20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I even want to see the kids we sent down to the vipers can someone upload some highlights of those three guys we sent down..