1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

good to hear; tilman sucks!

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, sorry to hear that. Glad you're at a new spot.

I think we messaged or at least you posted about having some way back in March for wtrh and then this thread really took off so it's been a little bit of a blur. I hope you made a nice return on the stock though.

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

wsbros, impt qn, if there's a RH exodus, who is the heir apparent? How's JPM's trading app? After all the liquidity issues with RH, JPM would make sense? But i know nuts about the preferences of american millennials lol.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

All good. I was super confused when I read it, and then I went back and realize my 5am post could have easily been misread LOL.

on another note, got in on STPK after the recommendation on here and reading some very bullish research on it, and I see RH limited purchases of this **** too.

Eventually once these hedge funds get their head out of their asses things will go back to “normal” but geezus I’m so angry....

I’m just gonna hold all my shares that are limited/blocked. Most of them held up okay since the illegal brokerage firm activity so I see that as a good sign of upcoming potential.

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

At the risk of sounding foolish, I assume you are talking about Chase? I opened one the day the RH **** went down.

It’s not nearly as user friendly, but there are some benefits, especially if you already bank with Chase. For one, money transfers are pretty seem less, as you might expect, and it’s nice to have everything in one app. It still needs some work, but I’m hoping over time it will improve.

As far as liquidating RH... I will eventually, but it doesn’t make sense to completely pull out yet in some of the positions I’m in. Over time I will transition though.

saitou likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The app I hear mentioned the most alongside RH is Webull so I imagine they are similar.

Thinkorswim seems to be among the best.

But I cant say for sure either/or is immune to the same share limits RH has been implementing.

Winklevoss bros are making a RH competitor I believe.

People like RH because it's "gamified" and easy to use... maybe Gamestop should build a trading app. Lulz.

STR8Thugg, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Friendly reminder. WSB does not SPECIALIZE in squeezes.

Yes there is a list of highly shorted companies. Those companies are not on GME's stratosphere. The math on GME still points to a rising stock price, assuming the rules don't change (which I wouldn't assume).

You also live in a fantasy fairytale wonderland if you legitimately think WSB can manipulate any stock they want into a successful pump and dump. They cant.

9. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

the problem i have with webull is its chinese owned. makes me weary of giving SSN and bank account.

Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’m on a discord that purposely drove Doggecoin from 1 cent to 8 cents in a targeted pump and dump Thursday night.

I made several thousand in a matter of hours.

it was only 250k people.

WBS reddit has turned in to 7 million followers(was 2.5 on Wednesday)

There is a new age of stocks. I think people are going to start cleaning house soon.

Pringles likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It's a dismantling of the old system. No longer can banks drastically spread their hedges w/out being called. Which means the retailers can now more easily lock up banks capital and hold it hostage.

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

[​IMG]
    20 yrs too early, in 2001 Michael Lewis said about this kid, "the future just happened."

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Fantasma Negro

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

execs selling shares is the norm. i've already took profit on my bb position (i was only day trading); but i wouldn't base my decision on execs selling.

Ziggy, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

Hold $Nok baby!!

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

IPOE is the only one i could think of. Which I am putting money into Monday. I think it could pay off nicely in the coming years. I rarely put money into something that has risen 30% the prior week but this situation is different.

19. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Another SPAC that launched this week that I missed and will try to get into next week is $SSAAU. Science Inc. has a solid track record as an incubator (Dollar Shave Club, Fame Bit, Dog Vacay) so they know what they're doing, and they're targeting consumer tech.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Was thinking the same thing, but I heard they don't offer options trading and on play store where I am, app only has 2.9 rating?

Anyone use cash app for trading?

Many things to buy, but looking out for a rh exodus sell off, that could be a good buying opportunity before next round of stim comes.

#14680 saitou, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021