1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Janice McNair is the only hope. Im sure Bob McNair is rolling in his grave. Bob was a smart businessman (despite his flaws) who wouldn’t let a charlatan like Easterby near the Texans.

UTSA2step and mario_v like this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Easterby is on the Texans to help build the organization culture and for character development for the players. Quite honestly, a big part of why he's there is to protect the players from living a lifestyle that might damage their careers. This role is very necessary for many players who have not had a father figure in their life, have been told "yes" all their lives, and who come into money early in their life. It's more than keeping the players out of trouble -- it's helping to shape their morals and ethics and make them better people. That's a good thing.

I'm very good with that role, IF Easterby focuses on that narrowly-defined role. Obviously, I'm not a huge fan of Easterby overriding Casero's player personnel decisions.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I’m sorry what company have you ever worked for as an adult that had someone like this? And let’s not pretend that Easterfinger is a well intentioned man. “Follow my advice and live the way I feel you should live or I will have you traded for a long-snapper”. You must be high.

Sooty, Nook, Buck Turgidson and 3 others like this.
  4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

There was nothing violent in that, lighten up Francis.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and UTSA2step like this.
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Being an adult isn't their transgression or what worries Cal/Jack - it's being black.

6. Blake

That’s a pretty aggressive take. While I think Cal has the IQ of a carrot and Easterby is a total snake in the grass and they are ruining this franchise, not sure where I have seen evidence of racism. Is there any proof to back this up? Not saying there isn’t, but I don’t recall seeing anything.

7. Stoli

Stoli Member

I need to vent. At this point, it may be too late to keep Deshaun. But the first step is to dismiss Easterby. Easterby provides no value to the organization. In fact, Easterby creates negative value. By all accounts, Easterby is the problem. But that problem has been compounded by hiring Caserio. When an otherwise clean break could have been made. Its tough listening to Caserio's Patriot speak. But Caserio is now hired. Best thing to do now is empower Culley. Make it Culley and Caserio. Dismiss Easterby. If its a choice between Easterby and Deshaun, its insame to choose Easterby. Cal is just a step above full r****d.

dookiester, UTSA2step and noscrusir like this.
  8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Oh wow, are you not familiar with the role of a Chief Culture Officer? Or an Executive Coach? Very common in the business world.

9. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

There is a very large problem that many are not in the know about. The media has known about it for some time, including national media but they will not post about it.

There are several skeletons in the closet on Kirby that have never gotten out that local media members cannot say for fear of being ostracized from their jobs.

From my understanding, there is a very specific reason why Easterby will not be let go for a little while. The organization is well aware of the issues he brings but ownership is not.

Cal has a problem with alcohol. Has for a while now. It is well documented and is one of the main reasons Jack will remain with the team. While he has manipulated the McNair's into believing he can help Cal and be the positive influence in his life, there has been a transfer of power to Jack that will not be removed until the board or the family removes Cal from his position of CEO. This may come sooner than you think.

The rest of the McNair's are furious at Cal and what he has allowed to happen to their family's investment, which is exactly what the Texans are. They are a family investment meant to provide security and wealth to the family for generations.

Those that are pining for the sale of the team do not realize how the only way that can happen will be if the NFL steps in to stop a scandal.

There are other issues that Cal swept under the rug, one specifically about Rick Smith and his leaving the team. He did leave to care for his sick wife. There are other things that happened that never got out.

I say this as someone that really is looking to get information out there in an effort to make the changes that are necessary. The manipulation that Jack Easterby has done in this franchise goes very much so beyond the public will ever know.

Wishing you guys all the best. Sometimes when the damage is done, you need to let it all burn to the ground to build it all again the right way. This is the best way to move this team forward trust me.

Stoli, BigM and Blake like this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

................. Who is this guy?.....

11. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Frankly there are a lot of employees tired of sitting on their hands with this organization.

Couple things that I've picked up:

1. Palcic was an Easterby firing. It was politically and player driven. She was well respected by players and Jack wanted the players to go to him, not her.

2. The stories of Jack contacting a player's mother are absolutely true.

3. Jack had Kenny Stills followed by team employees because he thought Kenny was bringing drugs into the building. This is why Kenny asked for his release.

4. Nick wanted to bring in Eric Bieniemy. There was a meeting that occurred shortly after Nick's introductory press conference where Jack screamed and yelled at Nick and Cal that EB was going to be a negative influence on the players.

There are other stories as well that I pray will come to light.

Have a great day.

Stoli and Blake like this.
  12. Blake

Easterby’s power and intentions were uncovered months ago and many players or former players backed it up. Simple Cal decided to double down and allow him to officially run all non-personnel ops and then hired his buddy to run personnel and then hire a coach who would never have a chance
    I’ve worked for 3 Fortune 1000 companies and any CCO’s (only had one) did not have anything to do with my life outside of the office.

UTSA2step likes this.
  13. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

There are several players on the team that want out. There will be very high turnover of the roster this offseason including some surprising trades and cuts from "disgruntled employees".

Jamie Rootes is 100% out and so is Will Fuller. He will not be back with the team. Has no interest post Deshaun.

Stoli likes this.
  14. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

There are more than a few players that are pissed at Deshaun for how he handled this situation. There was a belief among players that D4 was going to do his work to push out Jack. Instead, D4s agent worked in the background to get Deshaun to a more desirable situation. He 100% had the power to get Jack out of the building and decided instead to just jump ship and leave his teammates behind to pick up the pieces.

Chilly_Pete and Stoli like this.
  15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not sure if you have already responded to this elsewhere but is this all coming from your "source" who said Frazier was a done deal? Don't doubt any of this stuff but he was absolutely 100% wrong on the Frazier call. No?

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Well no wonder Will Fuller wants out. His drug dealer was let go!

UTSA2step likes this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's racial attitudes masked by so-called conservative "Christian" values that relegate people of color (not white) to positions of subservience. Of course you wouldn't see it because you've never been on the receiving end. Only a certain type of (black) player is going to be acceptable here as long as this "culture" is in effect. Culley is the personification of the type of black person who satisfies this edict - smiling, upbeat, chocked full of joy, nonmilitant, safe. He'll follow Easterby and Cal without question - ready to do their bidding at a moment's notice.

UTSA2step and Hey Now! like this.
  18. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Can you expound a little bit on the Rick Smith situation? I’ve also heard that Cal has a drinking problem. Also makes sense about Easterby snaking his way into a position of power. If these scandals are known, and that’s what it would take for the NFL to step in, why hasn’t it been leaked yet?

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No way this guy is drinking too much.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Oh they let go of Brian Cushing too?

payaso likes this.