1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Since trading James Harden, Rockets among NBA's best defenses

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I was getting pissed at Gordon for all his 3-pt bricks last night, but his defense was really on point.

Corrosion, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yup, he's had 2 straight games of under 30% from 3 after averaging almost 50% from distance the previous 3 games.

He is struggling to fit with OW and coming off bench again.

But he is still + player for the Rockets even when 3ball not falling. He was +2 last night, +15 game before and +9 prior game.

The constant is EGo always plays elite switch defense.

JumpMan and Patience like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Young teams without winning vet leadership never figure it out. That's why full tank and rebuild is very risky.

clutchdabear and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Teams like this are a lot of fun to watch and root for, but we all know the heart break better than anyone, game 7 against the Lakers in 09. Star talent always wins out. I don't want to have my heart broken watching Eric Gordon trying to draw a foul late in a crucial playoff game and then watch him complain to the refs and throw his arms up in the arm.
    I'll continue to watch with low expectations. The majority of this team could be gone by next season, replaced by LTS #$

Not going to get attached to anyone.

MettaWorldPete, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo value is underappreciated.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. j@amc

j@amc Member

Personally, the #1 rating accolade seems a lot like fool's goal. We are achieving this "#1 rating" with players not really playing D together. There is no way you could watch the opening quarter of the Portland game and think, "wow, those Rockets are solid on D." We were abysmal, and it was only the fact that Portland was struggling that we were able to stop them.

Now granted, for a team that lacks size, the Rockets could be a top 10 defensive team. But they would need to put in the work and collectively think how they can use their strengths on D. It looks like many guys appear to be on islands at the moment, with little to any commitment to ball pressure, rotations, and help.

Last thought: It is nice to have a few athletes that can contest shots. That always helps your D rating.

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Seems like the trade has worked out for both teams so far. A beautiful thing.

DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  8. raining threes

Are you saying the NBA is alot like the WWE?

Caesar and hakeem94 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

In 2018, the Rockets elite 3-D wing depth was Ariza-Luc-Tucker.

In 2020, it was RoCo-Tucker-UncleJeff.

In 2021, it is Tucker-Tate-Nwaba-Brown with KJ-Exum-BT and Porter still to be unleashed.

MettaWorldPete and Hesitation like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pure as always

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Ziggy
    99ers are always Rockets fans
    From now til the end of days
    @Jontro
    This is why the 99ers will always be deemed the greatest rockets fans in the entire history of history
    @Os Trigonum
    Even God knows this

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's the 99ers' stance on tillmen? do we support tillmen because he owns teh rox or naw?

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To be fair , I don't think many really want to move Tucker , most just realize that he doesn't fit the timeline of the team .... Moving Tucker to a contender is mutually beneficial.

He's one of my favorite players for the last 3 years .... I'd hate to see him go but I'd understand the move both ways.

D-rock, DaDakota and CVcrew like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My stance is that Tilman can stop trying to turn our Rockets into the Joes Crab Shack of the NBA that would be great, mmmmkay?

But his ownership won't stop me from supporting and rooting for the team. I was a fan before he got here and i'll be a fan after he leaves.

D-rock and Jontro like this.