1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I can't wait for sweet little Vanessa Richardson at ch 2 to start out nice and bubbly and then absolutely slay Caserio for letting his FO completely destroy the team. Not all his fault but since the other cowards won't show up, he gets to bear the brunt.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a summary but it was really that bad yes. Cal looked like a total idiot. Brian asked him a scathing question and he responded by talking about them doing the ice bucket challenge. Someone else with a scathing question and he asked about their golf game. They responded by saying they haven't been able to golf much lately and Cal said they'd need to try to play sometime. It was a total freakshow.

Nook and jakedasnake like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have no sympathy for Caserio. I don't think Cal is a coward either. He's a shitshow on camera. So he knows that and his GM had to accept the role of person who does the media. So that's the deal then Caserio gets what he gets. He's well compensated for it.

RockFanFirst likes this.
  4. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Here we go again...

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is that supposed to mean something? Just ignore me if you don't like my comments and don't have anything productive to say.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cal McNair right now:

[​IMG]

7. fchowd0311

You also forgot to use the word "entitled".

8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

We all know how everything will go down today. All the questions are either going to be about Jack, Cal, or Deshaun...none of them will be answered. McClain will wheeze his way through his 2 or 3 questions, he will pat himself on his back in his next "column", that's a lie he can't reach his back. Either way it's going to be about 30 minutes of dead air.

9. fchowd0311

Keep in mind most of these reporters only care about access so don't hold your breath on any hard hitting tough questions.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is it? I'll have to bow to your expertise given that I've never read it but no doubt you know your hero's book (or rather the one someone else wrote for him) cover to cover.

I know it's hard for people like you, but do try to stick to football in football forums.

11. Sooty

What do you mean by “people like you”?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Cal clearly isn't getting rid of Easterby. He is well aware of how some of his players, employees and the fans and media feel. He has put his foot down on removing him. Cal also gets destroyed by the media when he does speak. So it doesn't make sense for Cal McNair to speak, and it especially doesn't make sense for Easterby to say anything.

Caserio really wanted this job apparently so he can become the public face for the organization.

justtxyank, RockFanFirst and Sooty like this.
  13. Sooty

I’m sorry you feel entitled as a fan for a player to stay here and screw away his career.

DW4 should’ve seen what happened with AJ, he didn’t, he signed. But he also has a no trade clause.

Texans, if they decide to hold him hostage. The rest of the NFL is watching, it’s not going to be pretty.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, what do you think I mean killer?

Clearly and obviously, given the context of the conversation, "people like you" would mean people obsessed with politics. What the hell else could it even mean?

Don't come at me with that moronic BS

[​IMG]

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why is Lawrence a once every 10 year guy, exactly? As good of a college career as he has had, he's still an unproven NFL QB. I mean, i get he's a great prospect but once in a 10 year statement seems exaggerated...hell, Mahomes and Watson just came out 4 years ago

16. Sooty

His traits are very similar to how Luck stacked up coming OUT of college.

Whether he actually ends up being good in the NFL (like Mahomes or Watson) is another story. But he has all the right attributes, makes the right reads, etc.

17. fchowd0311

Why does Cal think he deserves being this stubborn?
    Does he not have the self-awareness to realize he's a silver spoon fed idiot?

18. Nook

Nook Member

Cal cannot keep his own football house in order.

He should have fired Easterby.... Flown to where ever the hell Watson is, sit down with him and discuss what the problem is and tell Watson exactly what they plan to do to improve the organization and lay down specific guidelines on how they will communicate and what degree of influence Watson will and will not have.

When he got back to Houston, he needed to go to AJ's and AF's homes and sit down and look them in the eyes and ask them what level of involvement they want in the organization and if they are involved, then help fix the problem.

19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

As a prospect he grades as high as Elway, Manning and Luck. Doesn't mean he will be as good as them nor does it mean that others (Mahomes, Brady) were not misses by scouts, teams.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He is this stubborn because of how he was raised, he is used to getting everything he wants and the reality is that he will get what he wants on this too. He will still sell tickets, the Texans will still appreciate in value and he will hype up some other "God fearing" quarterback the Texans draft. He is literally one in 10 million people that can do anything he wants in life without real consequences.

IBTL, Sooty and fchowd0311 like this.