1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have a feeling all Culley and Caserio are going to be asked about is Deshaun and Easterby.

California McNair is just not mentally capable enough to face his consequences. He will do his hail marys and repent until Deshaun comes around to the great gospel while he (Mr. California) turns to the book of Job to understand why the Evil forces of non-seculars are not praising himself and Jacko.

DVauthrin, Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good point Brian. Hey, I remember doing the ice bucket challenge with you!

Nook, whag00, Rudyc281 and 1 other person like this.
  3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There's a reason daddy never let him talk.

DVauthrin, Nook, whag00 and 2 others like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Honestly, his PR person (if he has one) had to shoot her/himself after that.

Brian T Smith: Cal, my twitter timeline says you are an absolute moron and should sell the team that you are the worst owner in history, how do you respond.

Cal: Good point Brian. Ha, hey, I remember doing the ice bucket challenge with you!

Aaron Wilson: Cal, lots of people think that you and Jack Easterby are destroying the franchise. Can you comment?

Cal: Yeah it's a great question Aaron. How's your golf game?

Embarrassing.

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  5. gucci888

Anything less than 3 first rounders at the very minimum will be a fleecing.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a coward, man-child.

mario_v likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Keep him for the entirety of his contract. I hate our front office with a passion but giving up Watson when you have complete control is unforgivable. Then he would have to play or essentially throw away his career. You can't sit for three years not to mention that they could franchise him twice. It would be nice for this team to show a backbone for once

#908 King1, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  9. conquistador#11

Brian, that's a great question! (it was mentioned it's commonly used but cal, nick and jack use it so it annoys me)
    Remember that time my dad let me borrow his classic roadster and we went cruising around the woodlands. That was fun.

J.R. and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Hell it took JJ years to disagree and get into a heated exchange with coach.

so no idea how Watson “always had his back”.

also, he didn’t necessarily agree with the Hop trade either if you read the articles at the time.

11. Sooty

Saying it again, as it goes both ways.

The Texans has countless opportunities to right their eff ups post Watson signing his extension.

They decided to go even further down the rabbit hole.
    - Remove VP of Comms, Amy Palcic
    - Fire their coach first, had SO MUCH time to find the best candidates to hire as GM and Coach
    - No, we ****ed that up too.
    - Went to a search firm, and then back peddled
    - had a contract ready for Omar Khan then Easterby got in Cal’s ear last minute and flew to the East Coach contract in hand
    - LAST team to hire a coach, zero due dillgence with the whole process

Heck even JJ apologized for wasting a year of Watson’s prime this year.

I wouldn’t be sad at all if ANY Texans decide to leave with the current management structure.

DVauthrin and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Is this the real transcript? If so, wow, this is an absolute sinking ship but I guess I knew that already. I just don't understand how someone can ruin a viable NFL franchise in such a short amount of time but it is about to happen. Even if we trade Watson for a haul, I have no confidence that will be a playoff team ever again under this ownership team. No one will want to play here while Cal is the owner and it would soon be realized by agents, players and fans. Will a boycott of the Texans force McNair to sell the team? Sadly, there will still be "loyal" Texans fans that will still believe in parts of this organization and then complain when the team goes 4-12 again but still buy season tickets. CANCEL THE TEXANS!

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Deshaun other agent or business partner throwing up H-Town

He’s staying!!!!!

14. Sooty

yup, that’s REAL BACKBONE.

The rest of the NFL is watching while your VP Pastor is calling your star QB’s mom - great look!

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I want Cal to fire Easterby AND do what @King1 suggested.

16. Sooty

Got some edge haha.

I really think the Texans will get black balled by agents and the NFL in general if it comes to that.

zero chance at all for any kind of rebuild.

17. gucci888

Pretty much. It was an absolute embarrassment. Guy literally thought he was smooth talking the writer who completely called him out.

jakedasnake likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't know if you're being facetious but this situation is a lot more clear that we had with Harden. Don't look for signs right now that he wants to be here. He doesn't.

Right now Deshaun is dead set on getting out of here. He's trying to illuminate the good things he has done in society. He is confused and doesn't realize that the average fan doesn't see him in the wrong here. The Texans are an objectively bad franchise. I don't agree with him signing the extension and now wanting out, but man I wouldn't want to play for this team either.

Will the team be able to get him to change his mind? If not, are they willing to force him to stay?

This is the NFL and his contract basically says he has to play in Houston or quit football if that's what the Texans desire.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol...if I was Jacksonville I would laugh and hang up the phone. Why would they want a player that clearly is going through something right now for a once every 10 yrs QB on a rookie contract?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude has a Mclaren and still doesn't want to honor his contract. :D

Rudyc281 likes this.