1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Your posts seem like you are rooting for Harden not for the team. This team even if worse is 100x more fun to watch than unmotivated Harden playing in small ball system. People just want to tune in and see guys compete and not watch one guy rely on some trickstery around the rules 90% of the game. Last time I saw Harden motivated and playing for the team was CP years and it was best basketball in Houston since Dream. Once he beefed with CP over whatever this was really ugly to watch.

on another note tanking installs loosers mentality in young guys id rather see this team develop trying to win playing tough and then capitalize on Brooklyn picks

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think that kind of mindset is required to be an all star in the NBA. You can't be dwelling on shooting slumps or you'll turn into Nick Anderson.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I would not pay him max, he his worth maybe what indiana offered, and they offered generous. He has been injury prone, and could seriously get back in to a injury. Its too much of a risk, and if Houton offers him a big contract they be stupid. Imagine havine 2 players go down possibly in Wall and Dipo because they are having nagging problems. Thats like 75 mil on the bench. I let him walk or trade him now for Nunn, and Precious plus a 1st.

ilias and jiggyfly like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The dude is playing elite D and with a chip on his shoulder. He's like the anti-Harden. I love him.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not a kid and if I was so what?

If you post something I disagree with I will say that and you don't have to respond when I do.

What exactly did I say that was nonsense?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was thinking the same last night.

I will say he looked better last night and after hearing him in the post game interview it seems that he is not all the way back mentally.

I think his mental makeup might be what I am most worried about because that seems to have been his issue since he was drafted and why he got traded so much.

We will see.

I think he is a starter on a good team but nowhere near being the centerpiece.

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

He played much better in the 2nd half. It will take time for him to find his comfort zone but taking it to the basket when a lane is available is what he needs to do. I think he took good shots mostly yesterday (especially 2nd half when he was looking to drive more) and eventually those 3's will start falling. Both him and Wall need to focus on getting out in transition with this team as that is when they will be at their best. The defense is pretty damn solid right now and a lot of that is due to the activity, quickness, hands, etc. of Wall and Oladipo.

I really think House should be starting right now so we don't start off in a hole offensively. I like Tate and glad he is given a chance to start but House is the better overall player at this point. I think both will be effective starting or coming off the bench but having Tate and Tucker out there at the same time is likely not ideal. Either way both need to get at least 20+ minutes a night somehow.

I would like for Wall and Oladipo to find Tucker in the corner more to keep defenses honest. Wall has tried cross court passes that give Tucker open looks but sometimes the ball doesn't get their quick enough. It is strange how we haven't been getting open corner 3's as much as year's past but I guess that is Harden's ISO ball that allows that. Still think Silas needs to figure out how to make the corner 3 again since House and others on the team are likely decent corner 3 shooters. I noticed Oladipo was in the corner a couple of times so we just have to figure out how to use the whole court and work the ball around a little better than we have been.

hakeem94, D-rock, ilias and 1 other person like this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can see why harden didn't think this team was good enough now it has become clear he hated playing defense and this team right here plays Defense this is a very good team and if they can keep playing defense the way they have this will be a playoff team for sure.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Non of that changes him wanting max money or putting the Rockets back to contender status.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey, I hate to break it to you but following the Rockets is a pass time and it should bring a little bit of joy and diversion from important daily responsibilities at home or work or even worries about the future of American or even the world for instance

#210 glynch, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    HP3, Easy and joshuaao like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

[/QUOTE]

Past time......

carry on!

DD

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

What is the chip on his shoulder though? That he was no longer the focus of the Pacers?

I realized indy eventually traded him in the nets/Cavs/rockets deal. Wasn't he the one who expressed dissatisfaction and wanted to play for a contender (possibly Miami)?

If the chip is just that he's recovering from injuries and getting back to a high level, I suppose. Thought with the Pacers situation, Oladipo wanted out first.

#212 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 29, 2021
    HP3, D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He'll be alright. Just trying to do too much the first few games I think.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

Wall and Oladipo bring a defensive presence to the backcourt this team hasn't had in years. Two-way players, especially guards, are hard to come by in this era of the NBA.

While this may all be temporary (not sure if Stone builds this franchise around (WOW) Wall, Oladipo and Wood, at least it's a style of basketball that's enjoyable to watch (e.g., they compete, hustle, and are unselfish and not worried about "Getting theirs"). In due time folks will see just how talented/skilled Oladipo is/was before his injury. A month in, I could imagine people factoring VO into the Rockets future plans...we'll see.

#214 csc177, Jan 29, 2021
    Houston77 and edwardc like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Oladipo was a lot better last night. He still seems to have trouble getting by some defenders in straight 1-on-1 situations, but it seemed he was finding more angles and seams to get to the basket. I am more hopeful. I had no idea he was such a good defensive player, and that is a big plus.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I don’t think Oladipo said he wanted out. He just rejected an extension because he figures he can get more this off-season.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Then really not chip off shoulder right. The reporter questions seems to lump him in with the undrafted Wood or injured Wall/Cousins of the world.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The dude would be much happier being a Nets fan than a Rockets fan now. Maybe he already is. I don't know what he is doing here talking about Rockets. He claims that tanking is good for the Rockets. I suspect that what he really wants is to see that the Rockets can't live without Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.