1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

$hit happens. Cal clearly put his trust in the wrong people. Problem was that it was compounded by more $hit and by some of the same people. When those people are not or cannot be held accountable, it is hopeless.

2. gucci888

Andre Johnson, Arian Foster and now DW4. Unarguably 3 of the top 5 players in franchise history? I’d expect Watt to be PC about the matter but I’m expecting a very cordial request and trade sometime this offseason.

3. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Those trades had to be approved by the owner. Deshaun wasn’t going to throw his coach under the bus. I can tell you that this new head coach is unqualified to be the head coach and having Lovie Smith as a defensive coordinator is going to be a disaster.

4. Major

Major Member

Summarized: We don't know his reasons for anything, but we know it means he only cares about himself. Also, I don't know anything about what's going actually going on behind the scenes, but still, I know it has to mean he's selfish.

Reeko and dookiester like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

No, what makes you entitled is expecting other people to do what you want instead of what they want. Watson isn't here b****ing about you not supporting him. That's the difference.

If you don't like the product (which is a human being in this case), don't buy it. Everyone wins. You instead want him to give up his happiness so you can be happy. Thus, the entitlement.

Reeko, YOLO and dookiester like this.
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

This tweet aged poorly for the walrus man

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

2 of those players haven’t been on the team for like a decade. The other is the guy trying to force his way out.

one of them if I recall the tweet said “wasting career” type thing. Which is moronic. Texans won their division. Like 4 out of 5 years. Before this year the Bucs hadn’t been to the playoffs in like 15 years or something. The Jags are almost always bad. The Jets. The Browns until this year. The Bengals. The Lions. One can go on.

so basically we have absolutely no confirmation of a “toxic culture”

8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Astros need to hurry up and sign Correa to balance out some of this misery.

conquistador#11 and UTSA2step like this.
  9. JayZ750

your ability to summarize is awful.

we know he said nothing negative about Bill O’Brien for years. We know Bill O’Brien ran the organization to the ground. We know once he signed his contract he now wants out.

therefore we know what happened.

Mums the word until I get mine. Then I get mine some more if I’m still not happy.

he has every right to do it.

But it is what it is.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Watson asking to go to another team doesn't mean he will sit out.

He has the right to sign a contract then have things happen that damage the relationship. Also note it is possible they want him to go too and this is their slinky way nudging that along.

The moment always too big for the mcnairs and being able to hit reset again over and over is that safe space they are most comfortable.

sleazerby is there as scapegoat for mcnair and they are willing to let it ride as long as needed. That is the plan as you can see.

Easterby(current)->Obrien->gaine->godsey->rick smith->kubiak->capers->casserly->expansion team

Mcnairs always insulated by a fall guy and blame point

dookiester likes this.
  11. JayZ750

God damn. Stop being so ridiculous and dumb.

where did I say he had to do what I want? I’ve said multiple times he has every right to do what he wants.

and I have every right to call him out for being selfish and a dick about it.

and that doesn’t make me entitled.

it makes me logical.

some people: DW can do whatever he wants

me: he’s selfish and a dick

Some people: don’t be an entitled fan

Me: stop being an idiot. You literally just ****ing said he can do whatever he wants that’s best for him. That’s the definition of selfish.

Holy **** you’re dense.

again... so I’m 100% clear ... someone whose looking out only for himself ... is being selfish. That’s the definition of the word.

a fan of a TEAM complaining about a player being selfish... is not entitled. It’s a fan pointing out a selfish player.

12. gucci888

You know that AJ was on staff up until this season right? Then was on the advisory committee to help advise Cal on the GM search. Him and DW4 straight called the franchise out with one in his prime wanting out. If that’s not confirmation, I’m not sure what it is.

conquistador#11 and Nimo like this.
  13. dookiester

dookiester Member

some dudes want written affidavits from cal and easterby to confirm that they have mismanaged the team before willing to concede that the texans have been mismanaged. winning afc south a few years when rest of division was putrid means they havent wasted jj watt, deshaun watson, arian foster, andre johnson...lollllll

Reeko likes this.
  14. JayZ750

Not that.

calling them out would be detailed reporting of what the toxic culture is, why it’s toxic, who is contributing to it, etc.

We have I e player who wants to leave saying things. And another ex-player who I guess is no longer employed by the team saying things.

again... neither player said a word until a month ish ago, when the one wanted out and the other from the sounds of it is already out.

i suspect the culture isn’t great.

but I still have no clue why or if that’s true.

15. JayZ750

you know how many employees there are on the Texans? Hundreds and hundreds.

we have two disgruntled players/ex players saying things. That’s not exactly confirmation.

moreover ... I think there probably are some cultural issues.

you know who was there when those cultural issues might have been happening. Those two people. Who didn’t do or say **** about it.

moreover. What are the cultural issues? Are they 100% Cal? To me it was 90% Bill O’Brien, whose power over the cultural was granted by virtue of things like those two players not saying anything previously.

but if I get past all of that...

mare you guys fans of the Texans or not?? It seems like some of you couldn’t give a **** about the team and just want Watson to win. This is a common things among fans these days. “Oh, he can’t win here, I hope they ship him off so he can get a ring that he deserves elsewhere!”

wtf... no... stay here... be a leader and help this team win.

16. dookiester

dookiester Member

also for the fans saying they root for the team and not the players, so good riddance to deshaun (or, lol, force deshaun to stay on the team and stick it to him)...how much cognitive dissonance must you have since all the players responsible for the few exciting and memorable moments in the team's history are on deshaun's side in all this? andre johnson, arian foster, deandre hopkins, jj watt (im sure will eventually come out with support for deshaun)....literally the only people who have made this team entertaining, all share the sentiment that deshaun is right to want out of this franchise. ultimately you are rooting for players - there is no team without them. unless you just really love the texans logo and uniform and don't care who is running around out there, as long as they do it in pads and tights. then, i guess, yea that's cool too, keep rooting for the team and not the players.

17. gucci888

So just to be clear, you want a detailed report specifying instances and people but only from a current player who is not on their way out?

dookiester likes this.
  18. JayZ750

um... something along those lines.

you make that sound crazy.

shoind I trust the potentially criminal who said “I didn’t do the crime!!”

or actually look at the facts.

19. gucci888

So what facts lead you to “suspect that the culture isn’t great?”

20. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

You want something that’ll never come. Hope the bubble life is great!

dookiester likes this.