1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think he's probably not all the way back physically.

csc177 likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't recognize this House. Wrong address?

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not wrong address - wrong thread!

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

See it now? Or do you need glasses?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

This dude needs better shot selection.

Wide open Wood at the top of the key and I'm standing 6 feet away from him? Nah, I'll take a contested jumper instead or I'll drive it in and hope for the best.

His statline is good and all, but when he fixes this simple thing in his game, it's going to open up so much for the offense.

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

8. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Oladipo said '90-ish' after the game when Barkley asked him what % back were his legs.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

What % back is his mind when he is dribbling?

I thought I yelled a lot when EGo drives ......

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

D-Rock to Oladipo
    [​IMG]

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and this guy was 2 times allstar or something... man east is a JOKE

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think that’s him purposely being selfish

for Victor I think he does it because he’s on a contract year and he wants a big deal

for John, he wants to prove he’s still an all star

so you have both John and Vic overdoing the hell out of trying to be the man, trying to hit tough shots, hero ball, put up stats

while Woods just standing their like wtf y’all didn’t pass me the ball the ENTIRE 2nd half

ilias, joshuaao, crose and 2 others like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Especially when it was Wood who literally carried them in 2nd quarter to bring team back from 20 pts down.

5-5 for 14.

Smh

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

So is Dipo not self aware or just doesn't care?

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

He started to try play within offense. Im positevely suprised

joshuaao and csc177 like this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We became so spoiled with Harden’s O that we forgot that the game is about more than just offense. Oladipo is still not at 100%, the man is coming back from a gruesome injury that almost ended his career. Let’s also be thankful that we don’t need to rely solely on him to carry this team, sure we are going to need him some nights to close out games or make a PO push but I’m happy and excited that we finally have 9 other guys that are more than capable of stepping up on any given night. Let’s also take the time to appreciate the defensive mentality and grit he DOES bring to the table, it’s been refreshing to finally see a team capable of making stops down the stretch and taking it to the hole when the **** ain’t falling. This is a team full of guys that hold each other accountable and Oladipo has been and will be a major key to this teams success. When he’s fully healthy you’ll will see how good he can be offensively along with being pretty damn efficient.

Rashmon, joshuaao and glynch like this.
  17. pass_to_Hakeem

Once he gets back to full strength and Shane’s the rust off from being out a year , on top of learning a new offense with new players .... it’s not even close. He’s a former All Star and could be again soon.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

It's funny that when we actually have championship talent on the roster and Im positive about them I get told "you're just a homer Harden bad man, he choke." Then when we actually arent good enough and I suggest going big on a rebuild I get told "Stop hating, trash fan."

Do you guys think we have some sort of magical aura that is gonna raise the talent of this team?

19. HookemHorns1250

I guess my question is what would be your solution to the Harden situation? He wanted out...there's nothing Stone could have done or anyone for that matter at that point in time to change that. It's not like 99 percent of the fans on this board were wanting to trade him before the rumors started.

We are just embracing the team we have now that's playing extremely hard each and every night. If that's not enough for you, and you're frustrated in the direction the team is going, then don't put yourself through the pain man, go watch another team. I don't mean that in any disrespectful way. I don't mean it as in "You're a fake fan find another team." I'm just saying if you can't find any good in the team that's on a 4 game winning streak, and for most fans here, are very entertaining to watch, then I'm not sure what you're looking for.

joshuaao likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Its not about Harden man. The trade is what it is(I would have take the sixers deal, I dont really like the Nets one).

Its not about that. The optimal way should be to tank. Because not tanking is wasting everyone's time. Oladipo is gone after this season, he just is. Woods is 25, Tate is 25. Brown is on a one year contract I think. Wall isnt that good. Tucker will be traded. We have no foundational piece for the face of the franchise. Im unhappy because this team is just spinning the wheels.