1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

he does owe fans. As does EVERY player. You know... like they say when they’re not being a dick. “This is for the fans!!”

I’m not saying he shouldnt do what he wants to do. Nor am I saying they actually do it for the fans. They’re in it for themselves.

I’m just going to call him out on it.

Rudyc281 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

he doesn't owe you anything. you can call him out on it. that's you. but you don't matter when he can just do what he feels is best for him. which he absolutely should

Reeko likes this.
  3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Welp, not surprised

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I get what your saying but your not addressing why fans shouldn’t blame Cal and Easterby, instead of Watson. I see no reason why a Texans fan would continue to support this franchise after it has proven to destroy itself through sheer incompetence. I get that Watson has gone about this the right way, but cmon man this franchise is beyond saving at this point.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. JayZ750

you’re wrong. I’m right.

;)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. JayZ750

what should they blame Cal and Easterby for?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well we disagree here. There is plenty to blame Cal and Easterby by. One of the more odd and frustrating ones is trying to run this organization like it'd Sunday school.

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

By sabotaging this team by allowing awful trades and personnel decisions that crippled this team with no draft picks or salary cap space. For hiring a 65 year old coach with no coordinator or head coach experience. For making this team so undesirable that Watson said to himself “**** it I’m outta here”. That is what fans should be blaming, not Deshaun for not wanting to be apart of an incompetent front office and owner.

DVauthrin and Scarface281 like this.
  10. JayZ750

but the trades were made by O’Brien.

O’Brien got power because Deshaun Watson backed him.

you see where this is going.

we have no clue if the new head coach can be a great head coach or not. EB interviewed for like 10 different teams and wasn’t hired by any.

11. JayZ750

To me the team was run into the ground by O’Brien. Cal gave him that power.

But Deshaun contributed to making it possible.

if they were winning SBs while being run as a Sunday school no one would think that’s bad. Personally I don’t think it matters much.

RocketJedi and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of these reports coming out of the Watson camp are becoming a little ridiculous. Someone is overly stirring the pot and I don’t think it’s directly coming from Watson himself.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When have the Texans ever won SBs?

14. JayZ750

hmmmm....

Not trying to be a Dick... but you understand the use of the word “if” in that sentence right?

maybe you’re trying to say ‘they haven’t won SBs though and I think the Sunday school approach to the team contributes to that’

to which I’d say... maybe? I don’t think it matters. If it does I certainly don’t think it matters very much at all and in the right hands could be as much an organizational force of cultural good as a negative.

I mean I’ve seen extremely religious players holding prayer circle type stuff for decades. Sometimes with winners - Russell Wilson comes to mind. Sometimes with losers.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

No the owner is extremely shitty. I do not doubt it is a toxic environment, in fact a number players have said so.

It really isn’t debatable, it is just the truth. It is currently a shitty organization.

Now that doesn’t mean people cannot be mad at Watson. He clearly has his own agenda and is pushing it.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

We knew they were trash by 06

DVauthrin, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Once Watson publicly asks to be traded he cannot expect the Texans to do him any favors.

He doesn’t really owe the fans anything. Likewise the fans owe him nothing. Where ever he goes there will be fans claiming he is wonderful and cheering for him as long as he produces.

This is a job for Watson where he has a tremendous amount of control. He isn’t from Houston, he didn’t grow up a Texans fan. He spent 4 years in Houston and the team was 4-12 half the seasons he was here. He will get on a plane and go somewhere else and never look back. If he gets hurt two years from now, the Texans will think they dodged a bullet. Let’s be clear on what it is, a job.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Pancakes’ coverage has been a disgrace. Grant it a lot is his own opinion that people tend to pass off of as “inside” knowledge.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. JayZ750

who has said so?