1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

He has a right to demand a trade, it’s not my fault that bothers entitled fans so much.

Sooty and YOLO like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

It is just the reality of the situation.

Fans view the situation very different than athletes.

For athletes it is a job.

It is up to the league to step in and attempt to make forced trades of players under contract less common if the league dislikes it.

I don't really like the current system where players go where they want under contract. I am not mad at players for doing it because players will do what they have the freedom to do.

Having said all that, in the case of the NBA, I think they actually encourage players acting as they do.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude are you one of those types of people who are posses to a star athlete where you just find ways to always be near them and that's like your entire life?

I've never seen such sycophancy outside of politics.

4. fchowd0311

"Entitled fans" is a paradox. Fans don't get compensated. They are the reason the NFL can exist.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, I’m just not entitled like u and don’t get jealous over athlete’s money...u really act like they owe u sh*t

newsflash, they don’t

star players will continue to leverage their power, get over it and then get over your ridiculous level of entitlement

Sooty and YOLO like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the players are the reason the NFL exists

nobody would pay or tune in to watch u, some random guy, out there throwing a ball or playing sports

entitled fans really act like this is a 1 way street...hilarious

UTSA2step and YOLO like this.
  7. fchowd0311

Dude it says a lot about how you misrepresent people's arguments so often.

Never did I imply "jealousy". I'm stating that athletes should appreciate fans more as they are the ones that give them their massive contracts.

8. fchowd0311

Fans are the reason the NFL exists. Without a revenue stream, there is no NFL.

9. fchowd0311

Say "entitled" again. I'm not sure you repeated it enough.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, you’ve been bringing up his money all day...that really says a lot about u

Watson is doing what he feels is best for him, but entitled fans want to b*tch and cry because it’s not what they want

YOLO likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

we don't know his reasons for anything.

we just know what he put out there.

and based on that, all we know is that he only cares about himself.

Which is fine, and his right.

But which also makes him a pretty horrible leader. There's like 50 other players on the Texans... it's like "f you bro, you had the power and leverage to get rid of B'ob before he ran the organization into the ground, but instead you cared about your pocketbook, and now are going to leave us high and dry. **** off"

That'd be my approach at least.

I keep hearing "bad ownership!!!!"

I'm not privy to the "cultural" issues on the inside, but the things i consistently hear about are:
    * so religious!!! ok, who cares? i'm not religious, but also don't care if you are
    * passive racism! but the star QB they want to keep is black, and the HC they just hired is black. i'm not saying there isn't passive racism, but I am pointing out it's perhaps not quite to the level it seems.
    * losing culture! yea... because of ****ing Bill O'Brien. Who Deshaun Watson BACKED
    * Easterby. All we know about this dude is he "sucks!". We have no idea why, except for he preferred a certain GM. Who might actually be great for all i know.

It seems like to me it stems from the Hopkins trade (by Bill, who Watson backed and had plenty of opportunity to try and push out behind the scenes earlier), not getting his exact way on the GM hire, and losing (which is a byproduct of Bill sucking).

12. fchowd0311

The only reason I brought up money because you spam claims of fans being entitled.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

ah, this is the “I ain’t got sh*t to say” post

good to know...moving on

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Watson is doing what he wants, but fans are entitled because they want what they want?

wtf... that makes no sense.

Fans aren't entitled... their fans... and, btw, the customer. Watson is the product. When I buy a product, I want what I want. That doesn't make me entitled in any way.

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes it does when u feel like they owe u sh*t and shouldn’t be able to do what they want with their lives

16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I just don’t understand how anyone can support this franchise going forward. I get it, Deshaun has handled this poorly and I feel as if he should try this new coach for at least a year, but I don’t fault him for wanting out. This would be like joining a company that has had new management and they are making decisions that are hurting the company. Why stay with a company that is destroying itself? That’s what Deshaun sees and I don’t blame him. I would love to see what the justification is for staying a Texans fan after all of this.

dookiester and UTSA2step like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's the confusing part? Watson is doing what he feels is best for him taking into account all the shitty circumstances that have gone on and the terrible organization. ok. as he should

entitled fans think watson should do what they want him to do. nope. watson shouldn't do what he feels is best for him. nope. entitled fans are owed absolutely nothing

makes plenty of sense

18. fchowd0311

In your analogy a company sinking ship means you might lose a job and therefore hedge your bets by finding a more secure job.

The Texans are never going to be a threat to not be solvent. Athletes aren't going to lose their jobs because a franchise is going to file for bankruptcy.

19. Radricky

Radricky Member

I'm entitled enough to know this franchise is straight garbage right now.

20. fchowd0311

Dear lord. Am I holding a gun to Watson's head and forcing him to stay here? I wish he would gain some perspective and understand the fan's perspective. We've been trying really hard to understand Watson's perspective during this whole ordeal. We were praying for Easterby to be fired.

This is pathetic sycophant territory dude.