1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It does matter. They’ve never played in an AFC Championship game much less a Super Bowl because of the way they go about their business. They’re about to give away a franchise QB because they can’t handle a GM coaching search. They have a preacher running football operations with a 94 year old HC. They’re not winning a damn thing right now because management is a joke.

#641 TEXNIFICENT, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeap, the Texans have a culture problem and it's not going away as it starts from ownership. I won't cheer against a Houston team, but by God, I certainly don't have to watch them.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The thing is, if the Texans had an ounce of media savvy... (or a world renowned PR director...) they'd easily be able to have the media put pressure on the Watson camp with a number of points:

Showed good faith in following through with negotiation discussion and didn't pull a Day
    Gave an unprecedented dollar figure with no trade clause
    (This is where it becomes speculative, he-said/she-said): Included him in discussions on all team matters, over all other players
    Gave up huge draft picks in order to help protect their franchise QB
    Was planning on re-signing his best WR
    Was planning on re-naming NRG after Watson
    Was planning on stripping Rick Smith as godfather of Cal's son and naming Watson....

Of course the Texans don't have any of that. They'll continue to get played by the media and team Watson... who honestly continue to play this brilliantly. Watson has not had to say a thing... and at this rate, will never have to say a thing.

JayGoogle, whag00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly if the Watson does get traded, I don't care if Cal sells the team out of this town. The Texans franchise has been an abject failure by now. We can start over with a new franchise maybe 10 years from now.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Bc you going to be leaving the fan base. You are terminating not just the relationship with the team but also those who became your fans bc you played for the team.
    Tbis doesn't apply to People who were DW3 fans and root for him bc he is DW3
    But if he was not drafted by the texans, I would have never been his fan so yah I think he is deciding to walk away from that. I am not blaming him for doing it bc he has that right just like I have the right to say peace out

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

But they've got Jack Easterby! That's what they really want! Nothing else matters!

7. fchowd0311

I want Watson to face a crowd of Houston Texans fans and tell us to our faces he's sorry. He shouldn't hide like a little b**** and own up and apologize to Texan fans who absolutely embraced and cherished him.

8. fchowd0311

Jack Easterby is the Michael Jordan of preachers who ruin NFL franchises.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah you can stop following him. that's you. but he isn't rejecting the city. nowhere does he say the people of houston suck. thats never been his logic. He wouldn't be opening businesses in the city if he thought so nor would he be a active supporter of houston

He's rejecting the shitty organization he plays for. big difference. want watson to stay. do better, but the texans are way past that

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

With the Texans' brand at an all time low, we should seize the opportunity to go back to the OILERS name and colors. This is our chance. Bud Adams is t*** up in the grave and we may actually have a chance to get the naming rights. Distance ourselves from the Easterby's and take back the Luv Ya Blue good feels!

11. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Who needs good PR when you have a direct line to God himself influencing the decisions.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The key is to check out and not care anymore. I hope they dump him for a 2nd round pick so it will help out the team he goes to next because I'll be following them from now on.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

He's absolutely rejecting the city and if he signs with a incompetent franchise like the Jets, it proves he thinks Houston is too small for him.

14. conquistador#11

Now this I'm 100% behind. Trevor Lawrence in Oiler blue. cal and asterby take their cult to a small town in Texas and never heard from again.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

in no way is he rejecting the city. you just make yourself believe you speak for the city. nah just stop

you have this dumb obsession of connecting yourself to the actual texans organization. There is no connection. you're not relevant

16. fchowd0311

Nah I'm a Houston sports fan. I'm calling Watson's bluff. He can waste his prime years if he wants to pouting and sitting out.

17. fchowd0311

Dude his top choice is the god damn ****ing Jets. Incompetence isn't the reason he's leaving. He's leaving because he wants to be NYC's golden boy.

He's rejecting this city. It's clear as night and day.

Kemahkeith likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

did he tell you that? Didn't someone tell you earlier today your armchair guesses are stupid. newsflash. they're still stupid

19. fchowd0311

News flash your opinion is irrelevant. Watson's first option is one of the worst teams in the league the past decade with a far worse record than us where if they trade for Watson, they will be gutted. Again, he wants to be NYC's golden boy. He probably will settle for a LA franchise or Bears or 49ers also. He wants the massive market. It's pretty obvious as the Jets are his top option.

20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Uh which year?