1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Star Wars] Rumor: Sequel Trilogy to be Remade as Series for Disney+, Lucas to take over as Pres.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you pair him with someone like Favreau who can reel him in, I think it could work. He just needs to check his ego at the door.

Reminds me of Chris Claremont, a famous sci-fi writer for the X-Men. His material rocked in the 70's-80's but he was out of touch by the 90's.

So they paired him with a young up-and-comer named Jim Lee (now head of DC something-or-other) - and they went on to create X-Men content that was as good as ever.

Lucas' only way back is to partner with someone who GETS IT.

Xerobull and justtxyank like this.
  2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Sith Jedi Wars?

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I get the feeling Lucas justs wants to feel like Nerd Emperor for a few months than go back to playing his ridiculously expensive toys. They're his babies, it should be all or nothing with him.

I can't see Disney not offering at the very least, the role as creative consultant and be allowed any vanity project of his choosing, but after the trilogy and some spinoff debacles, it must've been hard for him to let go.

He's prob too old to be President...

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I would get Disney+ for that. I want it to happen but will it? We've never seen anything like it before. It would make the entire SW universe somewhat of a joke. Yes I know Disney made things non canon with the legends vs Canon split, but we've never seen full production movies get retconned. It would be humiliating on a grand scale to everyone involved in making those movies.

If they are gonna do it, they might as well redo the prequel trilogies too. People were clamoring for that around 2005-2010. I know that the prequels look way better now compared to the sequels, but they are also far from perfect. If you're gonna do it, you might as well reset everything.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. droxford

droxford Member

They should get the writers for Mandalorian, Rogue One, and other great new SW writers to create the new movies.

TFA did a good job of transitioning our love for the old characters to new characters, but the other sequel movies didn't do enough development of those new characters and their dynamics.

They should continue to make us fall in love with new characters and help us let go of the old ones.

peleincubus likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

This is probably as good a place as any to point out: the whole format of a series of +/- 1 hour shows that you can view in the comfort of your own home is just vastly superior to the whole “going to the movies” experience. Sure....a huge screen and great sound is awesome, and not everyone can afford that at home, but trying to cram a whole story into a roughly two hour format and then having to watch that with a bunch of strangers who may or may not enhance.....or severely disrupt the whole experience.........to me, it’s a no brainer. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think Covid is gonna be the death knell for conventional movies.

Yung-T, jiggyfly, arkoe and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

noooo... the sequel trilogy was a revolutionary series

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Releasing the movies that they did should have been humiliating on a grand scale to everyone involved in making the sequel trilogy. As someone else said, the final two movies were basically the last season of GOT. A complete dumpster fire that nearly killed the IP.

The Mandalorian saved the Star Wars IP, the GOT IP might be dead though.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Agree. We were in the golden age of television before we were forced to sit at home. You can see Disney and HBO/Warner pivoting to put big money into their shows. Disney will have 10 shows of each Marvel and Star Wars over the next three years.

The only downside is a show losing its direction and just trying to pump out more content for the sake of staying on the air. HBO is especially guilty of this with their past shows but I think everyone is learning from the Marvel Studios model- have a proven guiding hand for each subset of shows.

I think we’ll see a shrinkage of theatrical releases due to streaming competition/concurrent releases, but I don’t think going to the movies will go away. It’s a fun thing to do.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A Queen's Gambit length mini-series would be great.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I miss the Alamo Drafthouse that was near me. Incredibly fun and they would take out the strangers that are disruptive.

Though, I do like the in home experience for many movies and shows. Convenience.

I like both options, but I expect the convenience of streaming will eventually kill the big movie theatres.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

No it did not, The IP is stronger than it ever was.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which one?

The GOT IP is most likely dead.

The Star Wars IP was headed in that direction with production of all future movies being canceled before The Mandalorian saved it.

That's the statement you are responding to.....so are you trying to say that the GOT IP is "stronger than it ever was"? Because that's just inaccurate. As to Star Wars, sure it's back from the dead due to The Mandalorian, but it was nearly in the coffin due to the last 2 sequel movies.

15. Xerobull

Nothing is that black and white. There are still legions of GoT fans to love the books. And the series itself was pretty good until they passed the books and we saw how weak the show writers were without GRRM source material to use.

There's a GoT spinoff coming out, and I'm sure it will be a hit. Merchandising is still big, box set sales are big.

Take some time above the forest.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is the 3rd or 4th GOT spinoff that was supposed to be coming out, all the rest were canceled due to the damage the final season of GOT did to the IP.

Now sure, it's possible that this spinoff comes out and saves the franchise the way The Mandalorian did, but it's not unfair to point out just how much damage the final season did to the IP. Hell at this point I doubt GRRM even finishes the books because he sure as hell can't go the same route the show did anymore.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My bad i thought you were talking about SW.

Don't really know about GOT but I know they are doing a spin off.