1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, CCity Zero and KingCheetah like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

saitou likes this.
  4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I agree, but with RH basically restricting these stocks from being bought (other platforms have lifted restrictions like TD Ameritrade I have read) the volume will suffer due to RH being the the largest retail investors in GME, by far. These crooks know that too, which is why the asshat that lost his ass (who also owns RH) did this. They should seriously put those people in jail because it does not get any more obvious than this right here.

I believe if AMC keeps at it's level, there will be a pretty big squeeze tomorrow, that is if they are forced to remove the buy restrictions on these stocks. Who knows what will happen as this day moves on. In any event, Citadel has had tons of time to "cover" today. Just disgusting all around.

Cokebabies, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If GME goes tulip a lot of RH users are going to lose their life savings.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

the valuation is a bit scary tbh, needs a bit of imagination of how the biz could grow in future years; but i think the biz makes sense and the use cases are compelling. i liked the case studies on their website of how actual clients use their batteries and software to avoid surge pricing for real savings on utility bills.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its not about altrustic notions. Its about fairness. If you and the wall street elities believe retail investors have no business in the stock market, that is fine. Regulate and lock them out. But they can't invite them in, take advantage and when they they start beating them at their own game, shut them out and force them into shorts.

That sad part is there are those on WSB knew this was coming but didnt warn anyone.

Sajan likes this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice call on DOGE, lol it's up ~90%

Mr. Brightside likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least these boomers are being honest about being privileged

Ziggy likes this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

Must be having an aneurysm because I agree with Ben Shapiro.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

what the haha

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

A legit Meme stock ;)

Ziggy, Sajan, saitou and 1 other person like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He definitely mad...lol. I love it!

Sajan likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Fairness to who? LOL @ the bolded..... that's quite the leap..... I am retail investor.....

just a bunch of white knighting like you bitcoin folks... meanwhile the sharks are getting nice and fat.

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Welcome to Biden's America.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

The wealthy, the hedge funds, the short sellers all need the working class. They need people to collectively keep funding the stock market.

Otherwise they will technical trade themselves to a stand still.
    You will sell right because MACD says so!
    Oh wait, I thought you are going to sell because MACD says so!
    [​IMG]

Ziggy likes this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/28/22254339/discord-r-wallstreetbets-server-help-moderation-ban

Discord is now helping the r/WallStreetBets team moderate its new server. The company originally banned the group yesterday due to “hateful and discriminatory content” and revealed it had sent repeated warnings to the team managing the community.

Those warnings, for whatever reason, were ignored, but now the r/WallStreetBets team and Discord are working together. Discord staff are actively working with the server’s team to help with moderation. At least one Discord staffer, who is now in the new WallStreetBets server, is also helping with infrastructure problems related to the rapid growth the community is experiencing.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, I took a jokingly small position of a silly low buy-in and it's moved enough to eat McDonald's or some other trash - almost for 2 people!!

On an even funnier note - I still have the RH app and the most hilarious thing (well as good as it gets with their antics).... It alerted me that The AAL call was starting and you could listen in, but at the time couldn't even search for it on the platform, lol. And it's still not supported for trading. Seriously I hope all retail traders leave them, the junk they were doing was always a little shady with regards to trading stock with other party/info but after today's actions - I'm hoping people don't give them a pass.

saitou likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

BRO. you are not supposed to say that out loud to the public.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

'We all gotta work togetha and pull togetha'

Sounds familiar.

jiggyfly likes this.