1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jan 27, 2021.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I mean he's only 27. Christian Wood is 25....

RudyTBag and Chasing_Chase like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

**** no, all star players I want on this team must be 25 or younger so we have a long window.

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

it would be funny if Stone could beat Morey and trade for him given the fact that he left Morey hanging after the package he offered for harden.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Beal and Bryant

for

Oladipo and Gordon, plus our 3 non-Brooklyn FRPs.

Who says no? Aside from Washington.

5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but I think 25 is on the upper end already to line up with what we're doing. I think it's unlikely Wood is on the team the next time the rockets are even in the conversation for a championship. That doesn't mean I think we should trade him now - he's a good find, an appreciating asset, and I like him. Beal is not that, he's a known quantity and fits best on a team that thinks they can contend in the short term. I just don't think that's likely to be us.

I could also be very wrong here, depending on what Stone is trying to do. Maybe he has no plans to build through the draft, and wants to trade all these picks to build a real contender in the short term. Then Beal might make sense. But if the plan is to draft well over the next 5 years, then Beal doesn't make sense.

HP3 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So basically HOUSE is the only person on the Rockets
    WORSE than someone on the Wizards?

LOL
    LMAO
    No wonder Beal looking miserable.

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We need to keep every damn pick while acquiring more and let Stone & Co do their thing.

They picked up Tate, Martin Jr, & Jones with scraps. Give them real picks to play with.

#87 sammy, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    napalm06 and Plowman like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe the Sixers can trade Tobias Harris for him and a 2nd rounder, or maybe the Heat can send Duncan Robinson (but not Tyler Herro unless the Wizards send back 6 first rounders)

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

25 is still old imo, You are realistically looking at trying to contend in 4-5 years later or more, unless we can lucky and land another Harden somehow before that.

harold bingo likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

We shoulndt get him, the fact is our team isnt good enough right now for a number one option to win a championship on. And Beal himself isnt good enough to be that guy. That should be the end of it. Maybe we can get in on a three team trade for something to benefit us but that should be the extent of it.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You should get back on your meds.

Every post, no matter the thread, is vehement attack at posters who do not like Tilman.

It's like your election was stolen or something.

HP3 likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are we trying to do? Rafael Stone has not come close to showing his cards.

Secondly, we do have some leverage on Washington. We have the pick that prevents them from trading 1sts until possibly 2027. Maybe they'd want that flexibility back.

We could keep our most valuable pick or two from the Brooklyn deal, and still offer Washington 4/5 1sts...

That'd be Harden for Beal & 2 Brooklyn 1sts...

#92 RudyTBag, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You're right. I meant "what we're trying to do" from my perspective. It's just my personal speculation. I'm assuming we wanted those picks so that we could try to use them to pick players in the draft, and that may not be the case.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Beal is a very good player, but not as good as people are currently making him out to be. He has good stats on a bad team. He is averaging over 30 ppg but is averaging 26 shots per game to get it. Last night he shot the ball 37 times to get 47 points.

He is a very good shooter, but more Khris Middleton than Damian Lillard in terms of overall ability/skillset. Given his current status as the top trade acquisition in the league boasting huge numbers, I'd pass.

Corpusfan and napalm06 like this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

It is going to be a bidding war. He will be far from cheap. Going to take a massive haul.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. macan

macan Member

Gordon + PJ for Beal + 2nd round pick.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not.

REBUILD.

Do not succumb to speeding up that timeline.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member