1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jan 27, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

Reminded me of Deshaun. When it happened in the Colts game, I was like he suffered for all your sins. Who knew. I'll say this for Beal, He suffered for all your bricks! Liberate him from the brick layer, Westbrook.

Wood / Beal/Wall/ would be a nice Trio with Gordon off the bench.
    Send Tucker to a contender.
    Oladipo +1 pick + House+ Mclemore+ Nwaba

Rockets would be a 4th or 5th seed instantly. He is 27 enough time to shop in the next 2 summers and add a player.
    Why would people say we're not contending any time soon. Nba one player makes the difference especially a talent like that. You're not fielding 22 players of deep faith. This is a no brainer. The only tiny problem is why would Washington do it.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You should definitely make a phone call to gauge the Wiz interest in either Dipo or Gordon plus picks.

They likely won’t be interested since if they trade Beal they will be in full rebuild/tank mode and will want young guys like Herro or MPJ. My guess he ends up in Miami or Denver.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I doubt Beal wants to play with Wall. Maybe over Westbrook, but he’s been there and done that. They didn’t go anywhere.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I missed the frustrated Beal moment during their loss to the Rockets... but I did catch at the end of the game when Wall and Beal shook has and hugged it out, you can see Beal say "I miss you" into his ear before they walked to their separate lockers.

I don't think this upgrades our chances of trading for him once he becomes available but it's something I observed and if true could set them up as two solid cornerstones in our quick rebuild attempt.

I can't seem to find the video of their post game meet at halfcourt but I have the game recorded at home. I can get that information later on, but I did find the vid of their pregame handshake that they had as Wizards.

It most definitely helps that they still have a close relationship... if they want to play on the same together and try to recant what was never fully fulfilled is definitely another topic in itself.

D-rock likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how are we not in a complete rebuild when the only piece we are keeping for the future is Wood. You simply cannot compete with Wall on the roster on that contract, and there's no way to dump him without having to take back negative contracts ourselves. We have seen Wall and Beal recently, they don't make the playoffs in the East, I don't know why this time around you think it will be the different this time, especially when Wall can randomly miss 5 games at a time with "sore knees".

It's not easy to just build a playoffs team in the West, you need a good system, you need time to build chemistry, and you need time to find the right fit and a good balance of veterans and young players. Beal should be the second best player next to an actual superstar. The only way this trade makes sense if you somehow get rid of Wall and Gordon, and sign an another all NBA level player.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Depends on what you deem as complete rebuild. OKC is undergoing a complete rebuild. Same thing as Detroit. Meaning they have dumped most of their vets in favor of a youth movement up and down the roster. Neither you or I know what Rockets management is planning. They have a mixture of older vets and young players. Who is to say they won’t try to acquire young stars and Beal is still a relatively young star at 27. There is not much information to determine they are undergoing a complete rebuild as you say. EG still locked up until 2024. Wall 2023. Interestingly wood’s contract ends 2023. A lot of uncertainty surrounds the team. Beal has evolved his game. Plus Beal and Wall never had much support and they never played with a player like wood. That 16-17 team prob their best team. It at least makes the Rockets a contender. They could then unload wall for any suitors in his last year or 2023. Beal would still only be 29 at that point. it is very interesting to see what Rockets do.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Forgive me for not being thrilled by the prospect.

Until Tilman torpedoed the franchise, we had a team that was pretty much guaranteed at least the 2nd round every year.

9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

yea, the past few years, we were always at least 2nd round. But this is a sort of golden era for the Rockets franchise, and is actually the second time in the history that the Rockets make to the second round for 4 times in a row. Between Hakeem and Harden, there were 17 years when the Rockets only made the 2nd round once. So historically speaking, making the 2nd round is very difficult for the Rockets and would be quite an accomplishment. Tilman would certainly be very happy about this, lots of playoffs tickets to sell.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You mean three-time NBA Champion JaVale McGee?
    : )

D-rock likes this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Git r Done mor... Rafa!

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

we need Beal!!! I would give them some young players and 2 picks from Nets

13. Aware

Aware Member

Just here to post this lol

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They never had a team to play with.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jordan Clarkson went to a Defense only team... imagine Beal....boomshakalaka.

#75 daywalker02, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Didn't Beal want Wall out, and Wall want to get out? I don't see why they'd want to pair back up in another city where the only real difference seems to be the inclusion of Wood and some better role players?

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would trade Oladipo and BenMac + a pick for Beal.

D-rock likes this.
  18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lmao

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Uhhh...they are pretty much done. They should take advantage of the situation.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Beal really doesn't make sense for this team right now. His age doesn't line up with what we're trying to do. Great player though.