1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

There is no doubt that the level of player empowerment is a problem for fans outside of a few major markets. I do not like it either. The NBA is largely the culprit and it is now drifting into the NFL and it will do the same in baseball soon too.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How about loyalty to the people that allow you to get that 40 mil a year salary by watching games on tv, attending games and buying merch.

3. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

You can't separate politics from this. When the ownership is delusional and throws millions at the Trump campaign, you already see where the poor decision making happens.

So it shouldn't be surprisng that a generational talent is asking out. He sees it, I see it. But it's like these Trump stans like to live in this bubble of ignorance.

I mean seriously, how ****ed up is it that this fake Pancakes looking mother****er inherited billions but has a pea sized brain?

You know what's even funnier?? You'll keep going to the games and putting money back in his pockets.

4. fchowd0311

So instead of publicly defending these players by saying "it is what it is", we should lambast them and make them understand you are losing social equity by doing this.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Because this is a zero sum issue.

Either Watson is at fault, or Cal/Easterby are at fault.

If you choose to be an #enlightenedcentrist and not pick a side that is fine, but you're also a really boring person and I'll ignore your takes, lulz.

6. fchowd0311

Dude more than half of ownership donated to the Trump campaign.

How about that? Rich people like the GOP.

JayGoogle and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Loyalty to what?

the people didn’t give him the 40mill. Yes people watch and will continue to watch.

his skill did.

same way doctors make a ton of money bud.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

95% of all owners donate to republicans. They usually will donate to some Democrats too.
    If it bothers you that much, don’t watch sports.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

It definitely isn't a zero sims issue. I chose to be a fan who wants Watson to say and express my thoughts that players showing no loyalty to the fans of a team should be shamed.

10. Kendrick Lamar

And this ownership is hella vocal about it..

keep calling players 'inmates' and see where that gets you..same mindset as trump...

idiots

Sooty likes this.
  11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

So why are you complaining about Watson being rich? ;)

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean not even just that. Watson has shown that he has no loyalty to his fans, to his teammates, to the city, to the franchise.....to anyone.

That's why I really don't get why his simps are still clinging to his nuts.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not a zero-sum game. Not hard to understand, though it seems many can't comprehend that.

Deshaun will obviously be traded because that's just the nature of how sports are nowadays, but doesn't mean it's right. It's terrible for sports, that is, unless you simply root for single players instead of the teams themselves.

JayGoogle and justtxyank like this.
  14. Xopher

Xopher Member

Jets...maybe. Miami could make it to the AFC championship with Watson.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This posts sides with Cal.

[+1 bootlicker reputation earned]

YOLO likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is all kinds of straight dumb. you didn't allow him to do anything. he worked for it himself. and you had 0 to do with it

17. Kendrick Lamar

I love how I woke up the dormant Trump stans right now..

Y'all, like your owner, are delusional. You will never know what winning is like. This is true for this team and it will be for the Rockets.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Watson getting out would be a major blow to all of the other NFL owners, as far as how much control they have over players under contract. Does that come into play?

19. fchowd0311

His skill is worthless without fans having interest, buying tickets, watching games on tv and buying merch. You think the NFL can get these massive contracts from broadcast companies that are a large part of the league's revenue that pays the players without fans watching?

Fans are what makes a entity that throws a ball around worth billions.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're right. It could be 2 years. But with this front office? I highly doubt it. Some franchises are lucky, in that they go immediately from Manning to Luck or from Favre to Rodgers or from Smith to Mahomes. Some franchises are not (see: Cleveland.) Nothing about the Texans skill and luck gives me hope that they'll be the Colts or Packers - it's more likely that we'll go the Browns route, at this point.

I'm not sure how you're thinking that the Texans organization is 100% 'good' while Watson is 100% 'evil.' All your posts seems to bend towards the franchise committing no sins while Watson is apparently just pillaging through the Texans and salting the earth so that nothing will ever grow again.

You keep saying 'stop simping for Watson' but here you are doing the exact same thing for the Texans franchise. Instead of "latching onto the nuts" or a single player, you're latching onto the nuts of the entire Texans FO.

Texans franchise:
    - Lets BoB have too much power (yikes)
    - BoB uses that power to get rid of the best WR in the game (oh lawd)
    - whiffs in transactions with Miami, ending up with little to no draft capital to improve the team (oh lawd x 2)
    - can't seem to get signals right with the most important player in the franchise
    - hires Easterby and hires Caserio.

Watson:
    - wanted input on Texans' FO decisions

When you sign a contract, you should honor it, yes. But when you signed the extension, management obviously presented a case in which they'll do the right thing for all parties involved on the way to a superbowl. I highly doubt all Deshaun saw was dollar signs and immediately signed, so there must have been some semblance of a competent path to a title.

It should be a mutually beneficial relationship when you sign an extension. The situation with the Texans is anything but.

DVauthrin and Sooty like this.