1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

Would be some incredible football tho. That offensive line + henry + aj brown + Deshaun?

2. Nook

Nook Member

I understand you saying he has played only three full seasons.... but he was still on the team that went 4-12 twice and the future doesn't exactly look bright.

I don't know that anyone should feel bad for Watson, but lets be honest...... we understand why he wants out, especially with how competitive he is.

Sooty likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What can you write off?

Sooty and YOLO like this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I feel like if you request* a trade, you waive your no trade clause. You can’t ask to leave AND choose where you go. No trade clause should only be so the team can’t **** you over, not so you can **** over the team.

that being said **** this team, **** cal, **** easterby. I’m not spending a dime on them anymore.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. dookiester

dookiester Member

Why don't you try to put into words what you think that character is, for those of us who arent seeing it as clearly.

6. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Rick aint dead, his wife died

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean he was barely on it. He didn't play in 9 of those losses. It's disingenuous to say he's been on two 4-12 seasons as an indictment of the organization. Him getting hurt is why one was a bad year.

That doesn't mean the organization has been GOOD, just not as bad as that statement implies.

That said, I've hated this org every year he's been here. I said from his rookie year they needed to fire OBrien because he didn't know what he was doing. I said then the only way they should keep him was if he hired a real OC and delegated authority. His staff has been terrible. they've been poorly coached. They've been poorly schemed. They've looked good at times MERELY because DeShaun Watson was so great he would just make plays. Everything on offense was way harder than it needed to be. It's why I have no interest in keeping Kelly this year.

I recognize all the problems. I'm still not going to get my pom poms out and get excited for a guy to quit on the team and go somewhere else.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

not literally. it's a meme.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

they texans could have given Watson the choice at GM or HC he wanted to show they're on board with winning after the disastrous trade in the offseason losing Nuk. This would have kept over 99% of the fanbase because more would rather have Watson over the current GM and HC of the team.

but instead they decide to lose at minimum 50% of the fanbase due to two back to back terrible offseasons.

well you know what, let's see what works out better for the texans. it's been 20 years of the same crap but getting worse as time goes on. what a terrible way to rep a city, and it's like they're starting from square one on having a fanbase outside Houston. at least Watson provided that opportunity too

DVauthrin, Sooty and Mr. Space City like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im sure contracts can have clauses that do exactly that, but pretty sure this brass(more like rusted steel) wasnt/isnt smart enough for that.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Player empowerment" zealots think the no trade clause in the contract should matter but the 5 year contract that was signed itself does not.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....charitable donations.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans have been .500% since Watt joined the franchise.

That is not a terrible franchise the majority of his career, but it is a truly mediocre franchise.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yep. Cal McNair is the worst owner in professional sports and makes Tilman Fertitta look competent.

Let’s not forget, the Texans were set to hire Omar Khan (I’m sure he was on Watson’s list) to be their GM until Jack Easterby realized that meant he was going to lose control within the organization, called an emergency meeting with McNair and convinced McNair to choose Caserio, with whom Easterby shares an agent and worked together in New England. Watson also had already come out this offseason and said the Texans needed a culture change. Hiring another New England front office member is the exact opposite of a culture change.

Also, until Caserio was hired, the Texans had not requested an interview with Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy, nor did they ever request an interview with Robert Saleh. Both were on Watson’s preferred list. Watson even had glowing words for Matt Eberflus during the process, but he, like Bieniemy, didn’t get the job. They hired someone that no other NFL team brought in for a head coaching interview. That’s a massive red flag.

In a span of a few weeks, Cal McNair eroded the trust of his franchise quarterback because he simply didn’t keep his word.

Shark44 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A lack of loyalty is a sign of poor character. Stabbing the franchise in the back by demanding a trade right after accepting a VERY player friendly long term deal with a no trade clause from them is one of the most disloyal things a player can do. Stabbing the fans in the back who STILL actively simp for him by demanding a trade is also a sign of disloyalty.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Lol at you people supporting teams with ownerships that have a hard on for the orange cheeto trump..

look where it got you..

""But but MERRRICA"

18. Mr. Space City

Deshaun Watson played with partially collapsed lung for this franchise.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

In a way, yes. If you don't like your boss, you can stop working for them.

Because money is fickle in the NFL. You take what is in front of you, because if you don't, it can disappear quite fast.

I'd rather be a Jets fan right now, so that's my argument at least.

Yeah, it kinda is. If you piss off your employee, they can choose to stop working for you.

I don't really have much of a dog in the fight of "players rights", but what I do have a dog in the fight of is Cal McNair/Easterby being incompetent jackasses who need to go away forever.

It is pretty bootlicky to support such bad management. At the very best it's just blind loyalty/tribalism. Player empowerment is only "bad for sports" if you're an owner, as that knife cuts both ways for fans. As a fan you can benefit greatly from a player forcing his way out of a toxic situation elsewhere. It just so happens that this time we're on the other end of the stick.

YOLO likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

And the logistics of trading Watson just ain’t worth it for the Texans...we hold all the leverage.

Also people where saying please harden don’t go give Silas a chance give this team a chance harden please we beg you...smh

Now Watson wants out and nobody saying please Watson stay give Culley a chance please give Caserio a chance.

I can give a rats a$$ either way...but if he goes to a team like the jets or dolphins he should kill all that legendary talk and this and that he would be another player who just wants to be famous and post on IG.

cmoak1982 likes this.