1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

Ah ok. So no team is allowed to sign him as long as the Texans own rights - gotcha.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

then you have not been paying attention to professional sports for what - 10 - 15 years since this became the norm?

Sure it sucks - make sure you save some molotov cocktails for the stupid ass managers on this team who have suddenly found themselves free of any criticism.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude the median value of homes right after ww2 IN TODAY'S money was around 80 grand. I explicitly stated "in today's money". You understand what that phrase means right? Today it's around 300 grand. The average millennial will be priced out of ever owning a home.

Nook likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao
    Funny enough, even past my prime I can run 4.8/4.9s.
    Not running 4.6 anymore.
    I’m saying 4.6/4.7 isn’t as fast as some think.

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Haha, shoot me the links for those please.

this is the first of my knowledge.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

From what I've heard, Watson gave a list of people he liked and they just didn't go with one of them, so he threw a tantrum.

Asking someone for their input does not mean you go with whatever they say. It just means you listen to their opinion and either take it or leave it.

Watson wanted to be in charge of the entire franchise, when he found out that he wasn't going to be able to, he stabbed them in the back.

7. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

This is F’n embarrassing!!! What does this say about our city and their teams when you have two of our superstars want to leave in the same season, along with Springer not wanting to resign here. Who would want to come and play here with these incompetent ownerships and management?

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Honestly, I can understand both sides of the argument. F— em’ all......

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

Rick Smith rolling around in his grave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nook, snowconeman22 and Sooty like this.
  11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Inflation. Get with the times mate!

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Nuts > boots

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, you do you

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"In today's money" means the number already accounts for inflation.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No I don't have to pick a side. Neither one of them cares about me so why do I need to pick one of their side?

Like go on ahead and cheerlead Watson getting himself to a better situation. Not sure why I should pick that side. It does nothing for me.

16. Fantasma Negro

I don't know why you would think I hate the guy. I've said a million times I love Deshaun Watson, he's a heck of a player. But he's got some mental issues to deal with. He's not as tough minded as I though he was. Maybe that's because he was raised without a father or maybe that's just the climate of the character of athletes now. He's too easily influenced by social media and going off of how passionate Adam Schefter has about his trade request, he's clearly using the media to do his bidding. Are the Texans blameless? Hell no, but he was the quarterback of a 4 win team, he was to blame for a lot of those losses. Man to man, knowing what he came from, I genuinely wish him the best and I'm excited to see him go up against the bills, pats and dolphins twice a year.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yes. Me do world class talent over total incompetence.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The fact he was lied to by Cal McNair, and he has seen where he stands in the organizational chart concerning decision-making input. McNair broke Watson’s trust when he ignored Watson’s recommendations on who to interview for the head-coaching vacancy and decided to ignore Watson’s input and that of his search firm in the GM search. Trust is hard to get back once it’s broken.

On the head-coaching front, it took Nick Caserio being hired to even get Bieniemy a shot, and then they hire a 65-year-old that nobody else in the league was interviewing for such a position.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Depends. Jadeveon Clowney running a 4.6 is more impressive than Watson doing it, but Clowney cant throw a 40 yard laser on the run into a 2 yard box either.

athletes have gotten bigger, faster and stronger, I played in the 90s and a 4.6 was blazing in those days. Its pretty common today among skill positions. Even "big guys" are getting into those times. Its pretty impressive.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, you do you