1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Star Wars] Rumor: Sequel Trilogy to be Remade as Series for Disney+, Lucas to take over as Pres.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My 2 cents: The sequels were pretty bad, and if they can do it with the quality and storywriting of The Mandalorian, I'm all for it.

New Rumor Says Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Is Being Remade For Disney Plus

If you’ve ever head the name Doomcock, then you’ll be fully aware that the infamous YouTuber loves George Lucas as much as he hates Kathleen Kennedy, and the only thing he appears to dislike anywhere near as much as the Lucasfilm President is the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

The self-proclaimed ‘insider’ has become well known for the sheer volume of absurd statements made surrounding the future of the franchise on both the big screen and Disney Plus. As well as claiming that Lucas was being lined up to replace Kennedy as studio president, which was of course dependent on him discarding Episodes VII, VIII and IX and making his own trilogy, Doomcock has also stated that a vastly superior Lucas Cut of The Rise of Skywalker exists and Kennedy was actively withholding it from the public because it was so much better than J.J. Abrams’ version.

Not only that, but he’s previously said that Kennedy was single-handedly ruining season 2 of The Mandalorian by trying to tie everything to the Sequel Trilogy, the Veil of the Force would be introduced to retcon The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, and Ahsoka Tano’s solo series will feature a plot device to… you guessed it, erase the Sequel Trilogy from official canon.

New Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Images Reveal Deleted Scenes
    1 of 18

• [​IMG]
    PrevNext

In a shocking development that we didn’t see coming, Doomcock’s latest intel concerns the Sequel Trilogy being wiped from continuity again, this time with the three sci-fi blockbusters being loosely remade as a trio of Disney Plus event shows.

“If Disney were to remake the Sequel Trilogy, the Sequel Trilogy would be remade exclusively for Disney Plus, according to my source, with a story being spread out between eight-to-ten mini series, and three seasons of full series. My source claims that, while they will only change a little of The Force Awakens to use the Leia footage, he says they will most likely add one major thing. A reunion of Han, Luke, and Leia.

“My sources claim that footage exists of Han, Luke, and Leia together. This footage was shot on green screen, and it is a ten minute scene. But the idea that Abrams would have written and recorded this scene is intriguing. Was it something that was ultimately cut from The Force Awakens? Or was it some kind of flashback that was filmed for The Last Jedi or The Rise of Skywalker? If this is true, it is a massive bombshell.”

Obviously, you’re best not taking Doomcock at his word given his clear and burning hatred for the last three Star Wars movies, but at least there are ten Disney Plus projects in the works to keep the fans occupied as the feature-length stories move into a bold new era.

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

IMO, the last 2 movies were almost Game of Thrones level bad in how much they f**ked up. Not only were the movies incoherent messes, they actively f**ked over the legacy of beloved characters.

I'm pretty much ready to move away from the skywalkers, but man I really want an alternate version that doesn't completely s**t all over the original trilogy.

Yung-T, MadMax, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

can we cut out the part where Leia goes full Mary Poppins and does a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious float through space?

htownrox1, Clutch, Entropy and 6 others like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So.... ignore this whole story?

BigM likes this.
  5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Pretty much.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Pretty much the SW fandom thoughts except the 'ready to move away' because nerds never forget. They really drove fans away from the franchise and I think a soft reboot of the sequels would not only fix the continuity but assuage dorks everywhere.

It's also a win-win for Disney. Not only do they get to make three years worth of series for cheap (half the filming is done), they would be able to suck their fans back in, even those holdouts who said screw Mando.

Invisible Fan, justtxyank and TWS1986 like this.
  7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I feel the same way about the sequel trilogies that Lucas wanted fans to feel about the prequel trilogies- they’re for kids.

I’ve watched each one once or twice with my 7 year old and really don’t see what the big deal is or see them as a complete atrocity or do I feel betrayed or anything like that.

he just loves all things Star Wars and isn’t asking about plot holes or character redemption.

I guess my only question would be after watching 2 seasons of Mandalorian, then binging all of Rebels, and now halfway through Clone Wars- why didn’t they get Dave Filoni involved in the sequel trilogies in the first place?

Uprising and jiggyfly like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does 2nd season of Mando suck?

9. Xerobull

Kathleen Kennedy SJW agenda.

Dayop, jakedasnake and McNultyisDrunk like this.
  10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

We're already in fool me 6 times shame on me territory. It would be 7 but I've refused to this point to watch IX.

11. Xerobull

I didn't hate IX as a standalone sci-fi action movie.

VIII was just a Star Trek space chase episode.

Uprising likes this.
  12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I watch Doomcock videos on YouTube as he's pretty funny and vicious towards the sequel trilogy. He claims to pass along information from insiders. I can't think of any time when his inside information was correct.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Rise of Skywalker retroactively raised my opinion of The Last Jedi.

Abrams tried to undo what wasn't his vision, but what a pile of dog s*** it was. Episode IX Rise of the Undead Emperor?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What if....

Instead....

Just make new movies...

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wish they would reboot the sequels but not with Lucas at the helm. How quickly we forget the prequels.

Uprising likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like Disney Plus - so whatever they do is fine by me....I fell asleep during last few movies....never during Firefl....errr....the Mandalorian.

DD

17. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

It could work as long as Lucas is just the ideas guy with hands off on the day-to-day, and Favreau and Filoni are doing the heavy lifting.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

George Lucas is already heavily involved in the new Star Wars stuff. He's been extremely involved with Filoni and Favreau. It is also true that Kathleen Kennedy's role has been greatly reduced on the creative side of Star Wars and she's basically in charge of marketing at this point.

I do not, however, see Lucas becoming the head of the studio. They should keep him right where he is...big time consultant and creative designer. Don't make him a Director...let him come up with creative stuff, let him be a sounding board, etc.

It is also an open secret that Filoni and Favreau have been given full authority to retcon the sequel trilogy as much as possible, but up until now, they were not allowed to actually reboot or erase the films. I highly doubt they will be able to reboot the films via Disney+...but again, they have a lot of authority to make new stories that minimize the sequels without deleting them.

A much better cut of Rise of Skywalker WAS in the works. It was entirely supposed to be a Ben Solo redemption story with him taking on the mantle of Skywalker (since...you know...he actually is Skywalker blood). I am not sure I buy that it was a Lucas cut. Perhaps it was the creative direction he recommended, but the rumor are that it was all JJ Abrams. Whether or not the original cut still focused on the idiotic story line of using a Sith knife (which would have had to have been made AFTER the death star was destroyed, but before Rey's parents were killed) to find Sith holocrons to find the way to the big baddy (when literally 10s of thousands of soldiers, suppliers, workers, ship builders, etc. would know the way) is up for debate...however... Allegedly a full 30 minutes of screen time for Adam Driver was cut and reshot to refocus on Mary Sue Rey. This was fully Kathleen Kennedy and one of the major reasons her contribution on the creative side has been basically taken away.

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

The answer is hell eff no!

Uprising likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it'll actually happen, but I'd fully support retconning the entire sequel trilogy. Just start from scratch with all new characters. You can even write off Han and Leia by having their off screen deaths be the catalyst for the first movie.

Again though, it'll never happen because they'd first have to admit that they completely screwed everything up.