1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

So as long as you're being paid you should be ok with the organization being a disaster and the owner lying to you? This is utter nonsense. If I take a high paying job and it turns out that it's a terrible situation, I would be looking for ways to get out as well and so would you.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I agree with this. I don't know how much - if at all - it applies to the Watson situation. But I've never had a problem with the Texans focusing on "good" guys who are committed to football.

But, yes - unfortunately, it sure looks like we're seeing this extended beyond its natural boundaries & being corrupted by a charlatan who thinks being a good guy is conforming to his carefully-selected beliefs and morals.

In short, **** Jack Easterby.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Instead you have sympathy for management? Not sure why you're sticking up for a billionaire here.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm definitely not going to go as far and call him a POS. That's too far for me. Is he being somewhat selfish here? Yes. Does it determine his entire being as a human? I don't think so.

Sooty likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL - so the only redeemable aspect from a team perspective is that "we paid you so you have to stick around through our dumb ass mistakes for however long it takes."

come on guys don't be naïve.

6. fchowd0311

This has nothing to do with ****ing bootlicking management. This is me wanting a player I love watching stay on my favorite football team.

I ****ing hate Cal and Jack.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans got the QB they thought they got when they picked Watson, he'd have helped turn the team around, instead, he backed BOB and rode the franchise into the ground.

If I signed an incredibly player friendly 5 year deal with a franchise, I wouldn't immediately stab them in the back, you know, because I'm not a POS like Watson....but I can see that player only fans are out making excuses for him.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, you were absolutely inferring. Those words never came out of my mouth.
    My feelings are pretty neutral right now.
    I’m never going to be a player only fan.
    I wish him the best.
    I won’t support this team until they show a clear want to win.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol, this will get really ugly.

10. Fantasma Negro

Good for him, wish him all the best

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

its been ugly, now it ends

12. fchowd0311

That is the part that troubles me the most with Watson. He JUST signed his contract. He knew about Easterby and Cal. He knew how incompetent they were. He still signed and gave a promise to Houstonians.

cmoak1982 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's doing the fans a favor! Things wont change until the spotlight burns bright and long at all the incompetent things that this ownership and management team are doing and have done up to this point in his short career. They arent interested in winning. They are interested in fielding the nicest team with the highest morals - which is all well and good thats not a bad thing, but fans want to WIN .. team actions dont intimate that right now, but yet somehow D4 will be villainized. Its already happening.

Sooty likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In moments like this, you see who a person really is. It's easy to make random gestures over the years to make people think you are a good person, which is something he's done, but when things get tough, that's when you find out what kind of a person someone really is.

Well, we found out.

15. fchowd0311

Speak for yourself dude. The only reason I enjoy Texan games is watching Watson work. Call me a selfish fan but I want to continue seeing my favorite player on my favorite team.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

are PED poppers considered "good guys"?

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its over dog. Start your recovery now.

18. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

The Texans chose Jack Easterby over Deshaun Watson. It's as simple as that and you can cry about it as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Easterby is still here while everyone else is escaping the sinking ship with life rafts. If this were any other organization, getting rid of Easterby would have been an easy decision. Now you'll forever be known as an Easterby apologist.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Winners are good guys. That's why we love the Astros.

20. fchowd0311

No it isn't. Management can simply ignore his request. And there is strong incentive not to fold for Nick Caserio. Does he really want to be known as the guy who traded Deshaun Watson away at 25 years of age?