1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Beal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why do people keep mentioning herro? Really. If you think he is the savior of this franchise or any other franchise then you would probably need to re evaluate your player assessments. Herro is a good role player. Why would Miami trade a valuable role player as a contender? And why would the rockets want a role player when they need a bonifide number 1 option to pair with wood? Same goes for MPJ. Very nice players but 3rd tier players at best.

jdjd, roslolian and Rocket River like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Name one player on the Wizards . . .that you would trade a single Rockets Player for. . . .that is not named BEAL

Fill in the blank:
    ______ GOES TO THE WIZARDS
    ______ Comes to the Rockets

Rocket River

3. MadRox

MadRox Member

Beal is a great offensive player no doubt, but I want us to find a young talent that play CP3/Lowry style ball to pair with Wood, someone who can get entire team involved.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah I don’t like Wall’s game at all. I don’t know if any player actually has chemistry with him the way he plays. It’s based on primarily athleticism to me. There’s a certain lack of control and lack of beauty to his game I can barely watch it. Not fun to watch him dribble drive with 2 defenders camped in the paint.

kevtse, Mr Woods and HP3 like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

And Jones. Dude is our secret weapon

Corrosion and Stephen_A like this.
  6. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

easy.

house to the wizards
    rui to the rockets

Corrosion and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Don't want.

Used to be high on him. Still think he could be an important piece with the right squad but probably overpriced in a trade now. If we could get him pretty cheap than cool but I don't think that is likely.

Y2JT and Corrosion like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

moritz wagner, thomas bryant, rui hachimura, davis bertans, the rookie they just drafted would be great with harden

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gotta feel for him.

But Wiz are going to have a LOT of suitors lining up for Beal.

Stone and Tilly are cheap AF to get in this game.

kevtse likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

That you Ra-fell?

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Would be amazing if we could tank this year the offer all the picks for Beal in the offseason. Beal/Wood/Cade gets me going.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

He
    looks better in HOU than Russ did. He isn’t the problem, sadly we need Wood to stay healthy and Oladipo to find his rhythm. I love the passion and love for Rockets that Wall has.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. minis9

minis9 Member

Any of Rui/Wagner/Bertans for House

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oladipo wants Miami, Miami wants Beal.

D-rock, joshuaao and CHAMPBOY like this.
  15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I would look better in HOU than Russ did. You probably would too. I can't believe anyone was defending this guy sheesh. I don't love Wall but he's easily an upgrade and at least seems much less stubborn.

16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

To be fair, have you gone back and looked at those rosters? Beal dropped 38 in game 7 and a averaged 24 PPG on efficient shooting for the series. Wall averaged 25/11 with almost 2 steals and 1.6 blocks (led all players) for the series. I mean it’s amazing they almost made the ECF that year playing basically a 6 man rotation against Boston in game 7 that includes 42 min of Markieff Morris. Wall/Beal both averaged FORTY minutes a game in that series and Wall was chasing around Isiah Thomas the entire series during a time he was making every shot he got off seemingly.

https://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400952532

What? Tyler Herro instead of Beal? You really don’t think this team would be a contender if they didn’t lose any major pieces is a deal for Beal?

FYI I’m genuinely curious why you’d rather have Herro and don’t think this team would be a good option for Beal...no other team has the assets we have right now with the picks and young guys who have looked so good. We don’t have the minutes everyone deserves truthfully which is crazy to say. If you just want to keep the picks and keep developing players that’s understandable.

That said, say they traded Gordon, House, Cavs pick, Nets 2022 pick, and at least one of our first future rounders for Beal and Lopez (I would LOVE to get Rui but doubt they would deal him) just for insurance given Wood and Cousins health scare me and don’t want to rely solely on small ball again. How can you truthfully say a roster of Wall/Beal/Oladipo/Tucker/Wood with Cousins/Lopez/Nwaba/Brown doesn’t get you excited?

It is absolutely insanity with the wishy washy “Rockets fans” on here right now. I mean does anyone else find it absolutely absurd the top thread is about how we took PICKS over the 76ers offer of Simmons (FYI he is an absolutely terrible fit on this team), people are CRYING about how because of that choice this team is doomed in the future?

AND now on this thread same posters are saying they don’t want to trade those PICKS for Beal who is a better f?*$!@ player and a WAY better fit than Simmons for this team?!?!?

Yep, this board has become an absolute joke. Thankfully the Astros message board is mostly great posters who actually talk about the team and don’t secretly want them to implode so they can be right and give their life a meaning in that they can then get on here and gloat about how they were right and that cheap Tilly is the worst owner ever!!!!!

#56 Htown Stros, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    minis9 likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pipedream trade would be Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker, Ben Mclemore and draft compensation for Bradley Beal.

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

Board trying to recreate the 30-52 wizards team, after Harden and Westbrook experiment. I think you rebuild. John wall was moved here because they had to trade Westbrook. Now you want to trade for player who was with him in Washington? were they just sulked and couldn't do anything because you had 2 guys eating up the salary with no flexibility, and couldn't bring the right players in with the Cap. Yea lets get into this mess again.

19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Nah... you almost certainly absolutely doubtlessly will massively overpay in order to get Beal. And I’m not convinced he’s the critical mass for the future.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If Washington misses Wall, we can work something out.

D-rock likes this.