1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I’m growing really tired of his antics.
    Maybe it’s just all of the Texans in general, but I hate how he’s acting too.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Deshaun He Gaun

raining threes likes this.
  3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Watson needs to stop acting like a high school girl that shops at Hot Topic.

4. Buck Turgidson

...and a gritty slot receiver to be named later

It's the Patriot Way.

Blake and TWS1986 like this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm not even the slightest bit mad at him for wanting out.

At this point, I'm getting a little irritated at the high school behavior. Come out and say everything were all thinking when it comes to this organization.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson is leaving an out for the Texans to fking get it together, but cal's head is blinded by Christianity that he cant run franchise right. Watson knows the moment he ask to leave, the Texans will jettison him b4 changing their shtty ways.

U can say he's being passive agreessive to avoid screwing over the fans completely. He likes Houston, doesnt want to leave us hanging if he doesn't have 2.

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. likestohypeguy

I had zero problems with Watson wanting out of this dumpster fire, for all reasons cultural and football. Hated for the Texans to lose him, but for his sake I was even kind of rooting for him to make it somewhere better, where he can win.

All this crap though, the song lyrics and ambiguous thoughts out loud, reflects a level of attention seeking I didn't think was in him. He had/has the entire city on his side against the organization, even after a new contract, but that crap is getting old fast. Disappointing.

At this point I'd rather he go ahead and go be cryptic somewhere else.

Hank McDowell and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its the psychology of a young man. He's human too you know. maybe its his coping mechanism? Imagine how unfortunate it must be to know that the next 5 years of your career will be wasted. Stat fodder with no real chance at a Super Bowl after joining a team that was just a few pieces away.

Im not mad at him. If he REALLY wanted out he would have said so by now and it seems like he's trying to cling to something because it really is just that easy to make a public demand and BOOM.

I think its just a matter of time, so would want that notice sooner, but maybe we are not giving him enough credit for his desire to have worked things out - jumped on that public wave of propaganda and forgot he is one of our own until he's not.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Deshaun will give it a go with this new HC but the team and Culley will simply suck too hard for him to stand it.

I can't see him being a Texan beyond 2022.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I’ll take it.

treyk3 likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He also knew that before signing. I don’t have sympathy for him in that regard.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Same. Give it another go, make sure you don't lose money by trading him and see what happens next. He's not even in his prime yet.

As long as they hold onto Watson for at least one more year, the rest is fine. The team is in a huge hole but it's not farfetched that they would bounce back and go 9-7. 2-8 in games decided by a score. That could have easily flipped with some better coaching.

Maybe Culley is a great leader and he will put Lovie in full charge of the defense and Kelly in full charge of the offense. All I think it takes to get Watson to buy in is a winning season.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd say that was before the team went full "snake holding evangelicals", and before they told him they would keep him in the loop and lied. Is the team doing things in your view to keep the guy around or to keep promoting toxic positivity at whatever cost necessary?

No sympathy that's tough! LOL - yup he got a lot of money. It doesn't seem to be his only motivating factor does it?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We'll see if Watson's knees can.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm torn here because Deshaun signed his big contract in September of 2020. We (or at least most of us...) knew Cal was a dummy, Easterby was a snake, and that BOB had ruined the team for years to come by this point.

However, there is no way any of us *don't* sign that extension when put in his shoes simply because of how lopsided the labor agreement is in the NFL. If Watson didn't sign and got a hangnail the next day he'd be sent to the glue factory and that'd be that.

If Deshaun's unhappiness was unfounded, I'd be less sympathetic. But his displeasure is 100% justified. This franchise is hot garbage and is actively shotgunning more diarrhea cocktails as we speak.

I'm #TeamWatson. **** the McNairs. **** Easterby. And **** BOB.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No the team sucks, leadership sucks.
    But I don’t think it’s new either. I think he knew that and he still signed.
    I have always had the highest opinion of his character, was probably overly harsh on his actual ability football wise but thought he had the makeup to be an all timer.
    Still could be.
    But his behavior has kinda soured me a bit.

Verbal Christ and primtim24 like this.
  17. mario_v

mario_v Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least he grew the balls to officially demand a trade, I still wouldn't give it to him but it's nice that he's going all out with his whiny diva BS

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I was an ******* at 25. Thought I had the world figured out and I would make everyone bow to my whim. That was a mistake on my part.

We may have some expectations on Deshaun that we may not have for ourselves at that age. Its warranted. He's the face of a billion dollar company and with that come some "standards" but I also think digging too deep at his attempt to deal with the situation and giving yourself more reason to dislike him is a bit harsh, but you are entitled to feel any way you desire about this thing. There is no right or wrong on how you perceive Deshaun IMO - the most glaring issues with this team speak for themselves.

cmoak1982 and franchise403 like this.
  20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Deshaun Watson has officially requested a trade per Schefter on Twitter.