1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers felt Houston did not call them back for a counteroffer before Brooklyn deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Geez... screw Morey! He bailed and then lied about why he was leaving. He was tampering and trying to get Harden before the offer was made. I’m glad the Rockets gave him the middle finger. Simmons is a good player but not great, certainly not worth taking on a max salary for 5 years.

As for the Nets trade, I would’ve preferred a trade for picks and a guy like Wiseman.
    That dude is gonna be a star. He’s 7’ and shoots 3’s. He oy a rookie and already showing signs of becoming the next big thing. Of well, at least the Rockets got picks and have a players salary that’s about to come off the books. Or, perhaps he’s traded for more draft picks. Either way, it was smart of Stone to put the Rockets in this position considering we weren’t winning a championship with a guy like Simmons with no cap space to improve the team.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

We don't.

What we do know is that Rockets did not maximize their options by giving 76ers or any other team a chance to better the Nets offer.

This is the only thing we do know as fact.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons has the best defensive rating among all NBA players.

He can provide lock down defense 1-5.

Most likely he will lead NBA in total steals in 2021 like he did in 2020 and earn his 3rd All Star in 4 seasons.

Rockets have 3rd best defense in NBA right now, with Simmons they would be the best defense in NBA without any doubt.

It would be very nice to be the best in one area again.

Especially during a rebuild.

A guy like Beal may love to play on a team like that.

#363 D-rock, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

How do you know they didnt give any other teams a chance?

You say it's a fact so you should have some way of knowing right?

bmelo likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The plethora of articles by NBA media all say otherwise.

Do your due diligence.

HP3 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah the plethora of media articles said Rox had conversations with multiple teams including Celtics and Miami.

Where are the articles that all said Rox didnt give any other team a chance besides the Nets? Show me man since it's a fact and the plethora of articles all said it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...nt-refuse-to-trade-james-harden-to-76ers/amp/

don grahamleone and bmelo like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

This must be a fetish of yours to be schooled by me, so last time I'm going to abet it.

HP3 likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Those didnt saying anything about Rockets not giving any team besides the Nets a chance. So much for facts. As per Clutch "IF this was personal etc" even he doesnt know what happened so where's the facts there?

As per Woj "The Rox made it clear they had a price they wanted met, and ultimately the Nets got there by finding a 3rd team"

So the Rox did give multiple teams a chance and the Nets gave them the price they wanted for Harden. Thanks for schooling yourself.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Report: 76ers thought they had a deal with Rockets for James Harden" https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/15/report-76ers-thought-they-had-a-deal-with-rockets-for-james-harden/amp/

"Report: 76ers Thought They Had James Harden Trade, Rockets Never Called Back" https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10000392-report-76ers-thought-they-had-james-harden-trade-rockets-never-called-back.amp.html

"Philadelphia 76ers: Did Tilman Fertitta purposely stick it to Daryl Morey?" https://section215.com/2021/01/18/philadelphia-76ers-fertitta-daryl-morey/amp/

You moron, follow Clutch's tweet from Pompey.

Pompey is supported again in this in depth behind scenes article detailing the trade.

"BEHIND THE SCENES: How the James Harden deal came together, what it took - NetsDaily" https://www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2021/1/17/22236150/behind-the-scenes-how-the-james-harden-deal-came-together-what-it-took

Woj, Shams, Windhorst also support Pompey's assertions that 76ers were not given opportunity to counter offer because of Tilmans personal distaste to deal Harden to Morey.

Even the article you linked supports this.

If you cannot connect these dots, then I'm done with you.

It was stupid of me to respond to your idiocy.

Again.

#369 D-rock, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Seriously this is the top thread? 19 pages about a “he said/she said” story between two immature grown adults with massive egos not letting this crap go already? Seriously...

LET IT GO PEOPLE!!

P.S - It’s pretty ironic the owner the majority of this board hate displays similar traits as all of you almighty holy ones who don’t do anything wrong in life (cough but truthfully it’s just jealously as you can’t stand obnoxious billionaires like Tillman and hate the fact that jackass is on his luxury yacht right now throwing your annual salary in ones on women so attractive that they would never touch your broke ass cough), and not only love to talk about people they have never even met, love to criticize billionaires for being highly levered yet couldn’t even pass an entry level finance course and are salty they don’t have access to capital because no one will give losers who have no collateral and spend all day on a message board talking about stuff they have no clue about.

RocketOrg and ipaman like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I want this thread to die.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilman is the disgusting one and Tilly has been the unprofessional detrimental idiot from day ONE.

Get your pathologies out of here.

You should get your ass banned for slandering Clutch and being a Tilly apologist.

That you completely failed to grasp the context of Clutch's tweet about Silas is an example of your diminished capacity.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

#375 Htown Stros, Jan 28, 2021
  16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

#376 Htown Stros, Jan 28, 2021
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I couldn’t help myself and just poured diesel on a dumpster fire...

And since I couldn’t agree more I’m going to delete my posts now before this thread doubles in pages overnight ‍♂️

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

Don't do that. Let's keep this thread alive for two more minutes.

19. don grahamleone

Brov.. Tilman isn't proved to be anything yet. Bad or good. Certainly not in the proved realm. We were close but not good enough to sustain injuries under his watch. Hell, Luc Mbah a Moute without CP3 still might have gotten us there. Refs calling actual fouls might have gotten us there(see Klay undercutting Harden being ignored 15 times plus that series). Blaming Tilman at some point is a witch hunt. The NBA hates Houston. Always have. The NBA and the world of luck didn't let us have that one back then... time to move forward and enjoy Mason, Foggy's Tate, PJ, Wood, Cousins, Walls, etc.

If you can't watch Nwaba and Brown kill it on defense you're missing out. It's a time for a love of what we have.

The NBA will let us have one when it's undeniable. That's what Hakeem and Horry and Elie and Max and Otis and Sam and Drex did for two years. They made conspiracy undeniable and overcame. That's what the Houston Rockets were and always have been. The world tried to stop the Twin Towers, the Chairmen of the Boards, the Great Yao Ming Wall, the Bearded One... that's our plight. That's what makes Houston Championships better than any other and that's why we cheer on this year's squad. These fools are dumb enough and talented enough to realize another championship. We need things to bounce a certain way, but we're capable.

Clutch was saying that a coach finally wasn't giving into his style. That's not losing basketball. It's quite the opposite. Especially when you consider the playoffs. We're finally avoiding Einstein's quote: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." .. why not just enjoy what that looks like under Tilman's ownership?

Who gives a **** who owns the team? Several have owned the Rockets. That changes nothing about my love when I watch a game. They're all rich assholes no matter who owns any team.

20. hakeemthagreat

He's still just Chuck Hayes with more athleticism. Trading James Harden, the best offensive player in NBA history, for a guy who I CAN literally shoot better than is stupid. If the Sixers want Eric Gordon for him thats still debatable. But James Harden is BLASPHEMOUS. Stone played the situation perfect. Daryl Morey tried to get over on us and lost